• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Izuku Midoriya vs Sans.

This is gonna be a ridiculous Fight filled with Tactics if Deku doesn't hit Sans fast enough given the ridiculous levels of Intelligence they both have.

Strengths for each of them
Sans:
  • Soul Hax
  • Danmaku
  • Teleportation
  • Intelligence
  • Telekinesis (Though Deku could likely resist and break out of it)
  • Possibly Speed
Deku:
  • Maneuverability
  • Flight
  • Higher range with One for All
  • Higher combat skill
I'm not going to say who'd win this overall because I honestly don't know.

sans, as afar as I can tell, would have a wide variety of advantages with the fact he doesn't really need to get up close and personal, teleportation, busted danmaku, soul and soul poison hax, higher levels of intelligence, telekinetic ragdoll physics and a hint of homefield advantage (tighter and more compact spaces would benefit sans the most and just give deku a hard time to get very close and rely on air projectiles instead with limited spaces to dodge judging by the fact the judgement hall is most likely less than 10 meters in width and possesses tremendous height instead)

Deku has on the otherhand, Better physical statistics, probably better mobility, useful precognition and his better range overall (which wouldn't do much here)

Deku can take this.

People here are forgetting how smart he is. He could figure out the attacks and optimally calculate how to dodge them no problem. That’s even easier to do with Danger Sense alerting him before he even gets hit.

Sans might have teleportation and the area might be smaller, but Deku would still be able to predict his movements in order to hit him, especially if he uses Fa Jin to amp his speed.

The most worrying ability is the Blue, but even then Deku can hook himself to the ceiling or a pillar to maneuver around even while being heavy.

When Deku figures out how Sans attacks work, he can just stay in the air while using Blackwhip and Float to fling himself around the bones, then Fa Jin amp to catch sans off guard, all while avoiding his attacks with his analytical prediction and Danger Sense.

Also, and I can’t believe I’m saying this, but Smokescreen actually seems to be useful here. I don’t believe Sans has any way of properly sensing Deku through the smoke unless he can sense good people that accurately? And even then he would be going purely off those senses to know where he is, rather than his sight.

Also, Sans will get tired in like 10 minutes fighting Deku. Deku can fight for days. If he can’t get reliable hits even with Fa Jin, he absolutely out stalls Sans with no effort.

Do Souls even exist in MHA? If not then I'm leaning towards Deku.

Or does this Sub equalise those kinda like making Ki and Chakra the same for genjustu and shit?

If so then I vote for Sans due to soul hax and also his superior intelligence to Deku.

Deku can take this.

People here are forgetting how smart he is. He could figure out the attacks and optimally calculate how to dodge them no problem. That’s even easier to do with Danger Sense alerting him before he even gets hit.

Sans might have teleportation and the area might be smaller, but Deku would still be able to predict his movements in order to hit him, especially if he uses Fa Jin to amp his speed.

The most worrying ability is the Blue, but even then Deku can hook himself to the ceiling or a pillar to maneuver around even while being heavy.

When Deku figures out how Sans attacks work, he can just stay in the air while using Blackwhip and Float to fling himself around the bones, then Fa Jin amp to catch sans off guard, all while avoiding his attacks with his analytical prediction and Danger Sense.

Also, and I can’t believe I’m saying this, but Smokescreen actually seems to be useful here. I don’t believe Sans has any way of properly sensing Deku through the smoke unless he can sense good people that accurately? And even then he would be going purely off those senses to know where he is, rather than his sight.

Also, Sans will get tired in like 10 minutes fighting Deku. Deku can fight for days. If he can’t get reliable hits even with Fa Jin, he absolutely out stalls Sans with no effort.
1.Danger sense would be useful yes, but only in specific circumstances when he isnt telekinetically ragdolled.

2.Staying in the air would just make him more vulnerable to be blasted by barrages of G.BS

3.Clairvoyance would say hi

4.Deku would be dead in less than 10 minutes to begin with.

Do Souls even exist in MHA? If not then I'm leaning towards Deku.

Or does this Sub equalise those kinda like making Ki and Chakra the same for genjustu and shit?

If so then I vote for Sans due to soul hax and also his superior intelligence to Deku.
yes, they would have a soul, unless there are statements that says that they are souless beings. so yeah the latter is a wiser choice.

1.Danger sense would be useful yes, but only in specific circumstances when he isnt telekinetically ragdolled.

2.Staying in the air would just make him more vulnerable to be blasted by barrages of G.BS

3.Clairvoyance would say hi

4.Deku would be dead in less than 10 minutes to begin with.
He can fly and propel himself mid air as well as pull himself with Blackwhip. And even when he hits a wall or something, as Frisk showed, there’s a window to just jump and avoid the bones. Throwing doesn’t help much if he can off set the throws.

Which he can dodge because analytical prediction + precog + flight. The gaster blasters literally just shoot straight going beams, they’re easy to dodge even if he stacks them.

His clairvoyance works by sensing his LOVE and EXP. Why would that work on Deku through smokescreen?

Prove it considering he has all the tools to dodge everything Sans has

Sans intelligence isn’t even that impressive combat wise. It’s mainly just using complicated patterns and surprises to hit people. All of which Deku is built to dodge.

I don’t even see how his intelligence comes into play considering Danger Sense nulls any planned attacks he might have.

Essentially what I’m saying;

Deku can dodge literally any of the attack patterns Sans has displayed. He has too high mobility on top of his precog and analytical prediction to get hit by Sans’ bones or blasters.

It’s like taking a super computer to the Sans fight in Undertale, giving it a full second of delay between each attack to dodge earlier, unlimited air time even while being in blue mode, and an option to hook onto any part of the screen to fling themselves away at high speeds.

What do you mean "do souls exist in mha"??? Ofc it does
IIRC Souls were never brought up in the series. Unless it was for some deep thematic shit like "I can feel it in my soul!".

Meanwhile, there are verses where Souls are explicitly stated to exist (Konosuba, JoJo's, Dragon Ball).

Of course, I'm all for assuming all Verses has souls unless implied not too since the concept of a Human Soul is Universal.

I was mentioning it as some other places I used for battleboarding (Reddit etc) see this as a key point to bring up.

Sans intelligence isn’t even that impressive combat wise. It’s mainly just using complicated patterns and surprises to hit people. All of which Deku is built to dodge.

I don’t even see how his intelligence comes into play considering Danger Sense nulls any planned attacks he might have.
with Prior knowledge my friend, Sans would gain more of an upper hand than Deku would, He has the equipment which could analyze alternate timelines, that same equipment would allow sans to study on Deku's abilities and tactics as well.
Essentially what I’m saying;

Deku can dodge literally any of the attack patterns Sans has displayed. He has too high mobility on top of his precog and analytical prediction to get hit by Sans’ bones or blasters.

It’s like taking a super computer to the Sans fight in Undertale, giving it a full second of delay between each attack to dodge earlier, unlimited air time even while being in blue mode, and an option to hook onto any part of the screen to fling themselves away at high speeds.
one, if you were assuming this fight is done with deku being inside that white box outline thing whatever it is, you're kind of stale, because that only happens in undertale because its the law of the verse so to speak otherwise Sans could have done just this to incon the match: Able to lock his opponent in place so neither of them will be able to do anything (Sans essentially, in gameplay terms, never takes his turn, forcing his opponent to be locked in an unwinnable combat situation. This likely only works under the rules of Undertale's universe, which he exploited to do this).

but anyway even if Deku dodges, Sans could just force teleport Deku into one of his attacks again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again.

with Prior knowledge my friend, Sans would gain more of an upper hand than Deku would, He has the equipment which could analyze alternate timelines, that same equipment would allow sans to study on Deku's abilities and tactics as well.

one, if you were assuming this fight is done with deku being inside that white box outline thing whatever it is, you're kind of stale, because that only happens in undertale because its the law of the verse so to speak otherwise Sans could have done just this to incon the match: Able to lock his opponent in place so neither of them will be able to do anything (Sans essentially, in gameplay terms, never takes his turn, forcing his opponent to be locked in an unwinnable combat situation. This likely only works under the rules of Undertale's universe, which he exploited to do this).

but anyway even if Deku dodges, Sans could just force teleport Deku into one of his attacks again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again.
Prior knowledge is not prep

I haven’t brought up the box at all actually. Everything I’ve been saying is with the premise of them being in the actual hall. The computer example was just to display how much of an advantage Deku has in this particular scenario.

And Deku dodges them again and again until Sans gets tired, because he’s smart enough and has the tools to do so in any scenario Sans puts him in. Also, in that scenario, Deku’s just going to start predicting getting teleported and dodge it easier every single time.

Also, even with that equipment, didn’t he still lose? Can he even use it like that? I was under the impression he himself can’t see those timelines at any time he wants, he just is smart enough with his info manip to know such things when he meets you.

Prior knowledge is not prep

I haven’t brought up the box at all actually. Everything I’ve been saying is with the premise of them being in the actual hall. The computer example was just to display how much of an advantage Deku has in this particular scenario.

And Deku dodges them again and again until Sans gets tired, because he’s smart enough and has the tools to do so in any scenario Sans puts him in. Also, in that scenario, Deku’s just going to start predicting getting teleported and dodge it easier every single time.
You can't analytically predict teleportation, let alone random telekinetic ragdoll into many G.Bs and bones. besides that Sans teleportation is thought based anyway so how would he know if he's going to teleport Deku or not? You kept saying Deku would dodge his attacks but how would he do it when for example he dodges some bones popping up from the sides of the wall but then sans just telekinetically ram him back there and Deku would suffer damage to his soul and body at the same time, it's not that hard for Sans to damage Deku at all while Deku would have lesser chances and openings to land a killing blow.

I mean, from what it looks like, sans has a better chance than deku does, imo, deku relies on predicting things that are thought based, or cant be predicted, while sans relies on being sans.

yeah, i'll be doing the funny sans vote, for having a more likely win con

time to make sans w/l ratio still terrible

besides that Sans teleportation is thought based anyway so how would he know if he's going to teleport Deku or not?
Deku is going to know if he is going to be teleported or not thanks to Danger Sense which alerts him of any threats that could happen "he can dodge attacks or be alerted to threats before they could even happen" so its gonna tell him if hes being teleported or not

Sans' teleportation being thought based doesn't mean much at all, Deku can perfectly analyze Lady Nagant's movement patterns and track her location based solely on the trajectory of her curved shots, hell its not like Sans' teleportation is complicated at all its incredibly basic so Deku is going to have no problem predicting the movements of Sans

are we also just forgetting that Deku isn't going to just rely on punches and kicks to beat Sans?

Blackwhip: is going to be an amazing way to overwhelm Sans and tire him out far more quickly just because of the amount of Blackwhips Deku is going to be able to create and these horribly out-range Sans since the Bones he creates are listed as "dozens of meters" well Blackwhip is listed as "Hundreds of meters" thats also not mentioning how Deku is able to use Blackwhip to increase his own speed by launching himself

Smokescreen: is also going to be incredibly useful in this fight since Deku is going to be able to cover the entire Judgement Hall in thick smoke since Smokescreen can obscure multiple city blocks he'll have no trouble blocking out the Judgment Hall on Sans which could also allow Deku to hit a Blackwhip - Pinpoint Focus on Sans or even get the jump on him

Danger Sense: as i've already stated is going to be able to warn Deku of any teleportation or TK shenanigans (which Deku could likely break free from thanks to his LS advantage) that Sans tries since it warns him of any threat that comes at him "he can dodge attacks or be alerted to threats before they could even happen."

Float: might be the most useless thing in his kit for this battle because of TK but it can still be useful such as allowing Deku to avoid attacks far easier such as suspending himself above incoming bones

Fa Jin: allows Deku to release kinetic energy from repeated movements within his body which is likely going to build up a lot from dodging tons of Sans' attacks that are flying at him and he releases that energy built up as a powerful burst of strength and speed which can help Deku close any gaps between him and Sans which he could likely use to even Hit Sans since he'll have no way to dodge Deku moving at incredibly fast speeds or even use it as a way to avoid attacks that he'd have normal trouble dodging

TL;DR I think Deku takes this through his ability to predict the movements of Sans and thanks to his multiple quirks having things Sans has no real counter too as well as Kingofwolves999 reasons for deku

Last edited:
Also, on sans' regard, everyone here has forgotten sans attempts to attack first, so deku is going to be attacked first regardless, and I'm not sure if he can do anything about sans' telekinesis, considering its soul based.

but yes, deku isn't going to jump at sans like a moron and meet his greatest friend in the series, the hospital bed, like an idiot.

Speaking of which, what are sans' win cons here? he doesn't seem to have any that come to mind, since deku's abilities seem to counter most of his stuff.

Speaking of which, what are sans' win cons here? he doesn't seem to have any that come to mind, since deku's abilities seem to counter most of his stuff.
Sans One-Shots Deku with all of his attacks due to his Soulhax and he can Spam a lot of them as well as Teleport Deku into them.

Back