• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Izuku Midoriya V.S Doomfist

Midoriya via sheer AP advantage (Large Building level+ vs. Large Building level) and Pseudo flight.

Well I am thinking......

Doomfist has far more experience and knows better martial arts. Deku has better AP but lesser durability it seems, but he's got the range edge. But overall I would favour Deku, he could just bust out 100 percent and one shot Doomfist potentially. If he landed one of his abilites Doomfist could generate barriers but I doubt against Deku's AP its not gonna matter if he is smacked before he can even charge a rocket punch.

Doomfist has no issues dealing with people stronger than him, it's how he got the gauntlet in the first place.

It is made very clear that he defeated the previous gauntlet user (who was his mentor) and killed him for the gauntlet while he was using it. Meaning he had to do this without suffering any sort of heavy attack, given that Akande himself is about as durable as Reaper, who cannot survive a charged punch from the gauntlet.

Izuku is still a child and Akande has been training in martial arts his entire life, and with his ability to generate shields from the people he strikes, I see him taking this very handily in a close-quarters fight against someone he's much more skilled than, regardless of the AP advantage.

I'm going with Doomfist here.

But when he took the gauntlet from the Scourge of Numbani, we don't know how it happened. For all we know it could have been an ambush, or used a ranged weapon the gauntlet can't do anything about

The image makes it very clear that it was a direct confrontation, there's no evidence of it being anywhere close to an ambush and saying so would be reaching.

I find it highly skeptical that Akande would have used a ranged weapon against his mentor when his whole life he would spend his time building up his physique and skills. He never uses a gun when he's attacked by the OR15's at the airport or when he's attacked by Vialli's men in Masquerade.

So no, I think him using his physical skills is much more in character than him using a ranged weapon.

I provided a image from one of the cinematics that suggests that he did.

Back