• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Itachi vs Pernida

pernida wins, he can regnerate as many times as he wants, and even if amaterasu hits him he can easily parts himself, furthermore, if pernida spreads his nerves long enough not even totsuka blade would hit him,

in the end itachi should be able to survive as long as he an manifest yata mirror, after that he would be going down, you need some cancer-like biomass to defeat pernida, or dust release :D

er

what speed feats does pernida actually have? are people assuming he's fast as hell just because he's a sternritter? are we also forgetting Itachi has 3 tomoe precognition, which gives him a great edge against opponents of similar speed?

either way i doubt he's fast enough to bypass susano'o, which Itachi used in response to a lightning bolt while almost dead. also is this Itachi alive or edo tensei?

Hiei312 there lots of things that says he fast.

1 he had a fight with captains who speed is MHS+

2 he catch Yoruichi who is said be be one of the fastest in all of bleach and she MHS+ that's what makes pernida MHS+

pernida wins why

1 pernida nerves are in the group so if itachi stands on the ground even for 1 second he dead and I think he will be on the ground.

2 pernida can evem control itachi susano'o

3 Reconstitution: Should its body be destroyed, Pernida can completely reform and reconstruct itself in a short period of time

^i agree that pernida wins but he cant control susanoo, it needs a living being which has a functioning nerve system in order to control them, susanoo, exspecially one with yata mirror should be able to defend itself, but itachi will run out of chakra at some point...

PS: actually, since the users of any susnaoo below full-body-susanoo touch the ground it should be possible for pernida to control itachi even if the latter is using his abilitys to full-extend :)

no pernida can control any think

from pernida page It can also send its nerves into inorganic objects in order to control and shape them.

With what feats? Pernida was kept up with by nemu who didn't train and is bellow Renji and rukia post training who are Mach 300.

Itachi is faster and can seal him or Amateratsu him.

I'd like an actual argument why he wins because as of now he's totally outclassed.

^perdias nerves can control any living being that touches the ground (and actually even above the ground but to limited extend), furthermore, pernida has incredible healing powers which means it could easily take the amaterasu'ed portion away,

that means itachi needs to be close to pernida in order to seal him (whch he could survive by splitting apart and letting the "affected part" sucked away) but if he is close pernida can kill itachi,

that mans itachi needs to go far away which means that h cant do anything except for repeated long range attacks that pernida could easily heal from :)

PS: i dont really see pernida as MHS or so either, at most he maybe has MHS reaction feets but i dont remember his movement to be so fast ^_^

Susano'o isn't an object to begin with, its just pure chakra. makes no sense whatsoever for him to control it.

also i hate to bring this up again but what's stropping pernida from just getting genjutsu'd immediately at the start of the fightbefore doing anything? he doesn't know he has to avoid looking at Itachi's face.

he's one weird dude but he still has a system in place that transmits visual info to his brain.

lastly since the topic never specified which Itachi this is i'm assuming we're using the most powerful version possible right? which would be edo tensei Itachi. whom Pernida would definitely lose to even disregarding genjutsu.

GreatestSin said:
^perdias nerves can control any living being that touches the ground (and actually even above the ground but to limited extend), furthermore, pernida has incredible healing powers which means it could easily take the amaterasu'ed portion away,
that means itachi needs to be close to pernida in order to seal him (whch he could survive by splitting apart and letting the "affected part" sucked away) but if he is close pernida can kill itachi,

that mans itachi needs to go far away which means that h cant do anything except for repeated long range attacks that pernida could easily heal from :)

PS: i dont really see pernida as MHS or so either, at most he maybe has MHS reaction feets but i dont remember his movement to be so fast ^_^
You see there are apparent flaws with your argument.

Pernida cannot use his powers on itachi given that he is much slower he'd need to be able to perceive itachi in order to do so.

Also even if itachi was close range his susano would block anything pernida has as far as i know it should be more than durable enough to do so.

Sorry for bad english. i read topics for a while, decide to post now

Itachi susano'o i think defend from below too, because it defend from ginat mountain destroyer lightning. if not defend from below Itachi will die from electricity.

Itachi also really fast, he tie with naruto who the raikage was having difficult to keep up. Pernidas not really show much speed itself, just catch people offguard, which is not necessary only speed. i think it also because his weird body and attacks.

so i think Itachi win.

@Hiei312

i never said pernida controls susanoo, but it doesnt mean it can protect him :)

i always think that genjutsu isnt allowed, afteall little storys have chars with illusion-resisting-feats, if we allow genjutsu than it wouldnt even be interesting to create any matches with naruto-verse chars :(

im not sure if eh actually has a brain :D right now he seems to be a talking, walking, eye-having gaint left hand of the former soul king :)

i dont see how edo-itachi could win, yeah, pernida wont be able to kill him but controlling him is possible too which makes him pretty much defeated :)

@CHILLVIBEZZ

pernida can percieve itachi, he kept up with other MHS chars, but that isnt even needed, all he would need to do is to spread his nerves on the ground, percieving or not it will force itachi into the distance :)

and itachi can only manifest susanoo on the level of a half-torso one, that means the ground below his feats isnt protected, pernidas nerves should be able to use that weakness perfectly :)

@Saitamax

i doubt that the lightning attacks of naruto would be so convenient ^_^ either way, itachis susanoo version was already shown to be unable to protect the user at 360┬░, we saw this in narutoclone+gaara+shinobi army vs edo-madara :)

Pernida was kept up with while he had kenpachis cells a bellow Mach 300 character so Itachi has major speed advantage.

Itachi if edo tensei should also have regen.His superior speed and his hax conventional sealing weapon known as the totsuka blade should do the job fairly well.

Also he can't use his ability that you mentioned given that Itachi is a moving target and even if he could Itachi can still use his eye abilities against him given that he could do so by will iirc.

Madara susano'o is different from itachi

databook says in some time susano'o differs in powers and characteristic depend on emotion of person or something. giant bolt that destroyed an entire mountain, also with the ground Itachi was stand in, would have killed Itachi if not protected from all points.

Totsuka blade also incredibly fast, even faster than itachi himself. even susano'o itself able to blindside nagato with lot of extra eyes whom had before react to naruto and killerbee. totsuka blade has a lot of times "blitz" people with similar speed or reaction to Itachi, so i think pernida can also be "Blitz" by it.

its hard making up the long arguments in english, sorry.

@CHILLVIBEZZ

like i said, there isnt even a need to be at itachis speed, pernida only needs to let his nerves go into every direction and this would already keep itachi at distance :I

but itachi wont be able to move anymore which is the same as being defeated :) plus his sealing weapon needs to be close, mostlikely around 20 meters at most (i simply guessed, mostlikely itis even less), tha means that if itachi is forced into the distance he wont be able to do anything (plus, even if it hits there is still the possiblity that pernida parts himself and escaped the sword, than he regenerates again into a few new bodys) :)

you are aware that once someone is caught by pernida the victim wont be able to use their body anymore? that means that pernida could force itachi to close his eyes ^_^

@Saitamax

the databook only mentions that they have other features like look and weapons, this is why sasuke has a archer while others have shield and sword, either way, it doesnt change the basic characteristic of the susanoo, which is: not being protected against anything fromt he ground ^_^

the example with nagato being "blitzed": it only worked because itachi previously destoryed the eyes of the other summons so that nagato(controlled by kabuto) wasnt able to actually see anything, this is more a "suprise attack" than a "blitz" ^_^

GreatestSin said:
@CHILLVIBEZZ

like i said, there isnt even a need to be at itachis speed, pernida only needs to let his nerves go into every direction and this would already keep itachi at distance :I

but itachi wont be able to move anymore which is the same as being defeated :) plus his sealing weapon needs to be close, mostlikely around 20 meters at most (i simply guessed, mostlikely itis even less), tha means that if itachi is forced into the distance he wont be able to do anything (plus, even if it hits there is still the possiblity that pernida parts himself and escaped the sword, than he regenerates again into a few new bodys) :)

you are aware that once someone is caught by pernida the victim wont be able to use their body anymore? that means that pernida could force itachi to close his eyes ^_^

@Saitamax

the databook only mentions that they have other features like look and weapons, this is why sasuke has a archer while others have shield and sword, either way, it doesnt change the basic characteristic of the susanoo, which is: not being protected against anything fromt he ground ^_^

the example with nagato being "blitzed": it only worked because itachi previously destoryed the eyes of the other summons so that nagato(controlled by kabuto) wasnt able to actually see anything, this is more a "suprise attack" than a "blitz" ^_^
Lol Orochimaru was sealed from a distance actually so no he doesn't need to be close.

Secondly Itachi has the edge in speed what good would Pernida letting his nerves go do? He has susano to block everything Pernida tries to do and Yata mirror to negate.

Also being immobile is not losing the match....especially when he can still Amateratsu him by eye sight.

^how do you define "distance" i thought about 50-100 meters... of course orochimaru was sealed too but itachi was relatively close :I

if pernida lets his nerves go into every direction it will force itachi to retreat since the nerves can hit him too, since, like previously mentioned, his susanoo-version is weak to attacks from the ground, that means that he will go into distance which will render the totsuka blade useless (furthermore there is still the possiblity of pernida splitting itself and evading being completly trapped), even if pernida cant one-shot itachi it would cause him to go down little by little and in the end make him powerless due to immense chakra exhausting ^_^

but since edo-tachi is immortal it is essentially impossible to kill him, that measn that "rendering him unable to do anything" makes it a win for pernida, furthermore, like i said, pernida can control the victims body, that means that it could force itachi to close his eyes or look into a different direction :)

PS: maybe the edo-vrsion would get a draw, no because it can stop pernida but the only way how i see pernida winning is if it can wear itachi out and catch itachi once the shinobi is out of chakra, but edo-shinobi dont "wear out", essentially itachi wouldnt be able to kill pernida due to Regenerationn and pernida wouldnt be able to go through itachis barrier ^_^

Itachi attacked all the summons and nagato himself at the exact same same time, not "previously". seems like a blitz to me. none of them reacted fast enough. totsuka blade also blitzed orochimaru before. and Itachi showed better reactions than EMS Sasuke when they fought kabuto, even reacting to muki tensei which is basically exactly what you're suggesting pernida does (an attack that uses the environment to come at him from every direction). only problem is he had to protect sasuke instead so he got hit. kabuto even said that if sasuke wasn't there Itachi wouldn't have gotten hit

why would Itachi just be caught by pernida, he's faster or at least equal in speed. it won't even be as threatening as Muki tensei since i assume they won't be fighting in a cave so his attack won't be coming from literally every single angle at once. Itachi's sharingan should also help see Pernida's weird form of attacking. Zaraki got his arm caught because he went rushing in like an idiot before even knowing what the opponent was.

on the other hand, Itachi's susano'o is still really fast, and totsuka is arguably faster than he is himself. so he has a chance of catching pernidas with susano'o. plus since it seems we're using edo Itachi, he'll never run out of stamina.he can keep dodging and defending / attacking with susano'o forever.

(honestly i still think Itachi just wins by default at the start of the fight because pernida will look at his face and get put in genjutsu, but that's a really boring argument so i'm trying to use other methods )>_>

^as far as i remember itachi rendered the summons blind and was therefore able to attack without being noticed by nagato/kabuto...

pernida could spread his nerves all around himself and extend them, this would render itachi unable to come closer, and once itachi is out of chakra(which will be fast if he sttacks a few times with amaterasu and has susanoo activated) the nerves should catch him or the arrows :)

like i said, if it is edo itachi it would mostlikely end in a draw :I

(agree but to be fair, with this argument itachi would pretty much solo DB/DBZ/OP/FT/Bleach etc etc etc etc, all storys who dont have illusion-resisting feats would be defeated ^_^)

DBZ prolly wouldn't work. Chaotzu tried a mind based attack against nappa and it didn't work due to sheer difference in KI.

genjutsu is usually just treated as Telepathy in VS forums for equalization purposes, which is what chaotzu uses. so yeah...

isn't it also kind of unfair to remove genjutsu from Itachi though? that's basically what makes Itachi..well..Itachi.his whole fighting style is based on genjutsu...he even uses genjutsu during physical exchanges....we don't even know how he'd fight without it since he uses it in every fight...

Itachi rendered the summons blind yes, but he launched his attacks all at the same time.he blinded the summons and cut through nagato pretty much simultaneously. that's what made that impressive.

also i should note that what you're suggesting about pernida keeping a "shield" of nerves around him at all times is something he never actually did as far as i recall. that seems a bit OoC tactics to me. nor am i sure whether that's even a good idea because there's a chance totsuka activates and absorbs pernida by striking his "shield" of nerves, since that's technically still him. (whereas orochimaru's hydra was just chakra)

^oh, i didnt remember any telepthic-feats from DBZ, at least not for the main cast :) but other verses will still suffer :I

i agree that it is unfair, but with it most of the fights will end in a mismatch since itachi simply genjutus the brain out of everyones skull :(

i remember that kabuto mentioend that itachi rendered the summons blind and than attacked, albeit in a very short timespan but not both at the same time :)

the blade needs to pierce things in order to seal them, if it cuts it than it will simply work as a blade, but nerves are way to thin for that ^_^ btw, orochimaru was like the kyuubi, he recreated himself "physically" via chakra, at least that makes the most sense ^_^

http://********.me/manga/naruto/v58/c551/9.html

seems pretty simultaneous to me..but i guess there's no way to really prove it either way since it's a manga...the anime also gives the impression Itachi launched the attacks at the same time...but manga takes presedence

i also forgot 1 important thing. albeit this is only gonna come up as a last resort, but if Pernida opts to just keep his nerves around him as a shield at all times, Itachi could use the opportunity to use Izanami.. Izanami needs a shared physical contact between the target and the user to happen in a similar way twice to be initiated.

that usually would be hard to acchieve but if pernida just sits there with a giant shield of nerves around him it's gonna be extremely easy as Itachi just needs to cut a few nerves in a similar way two times. he can even use clones to make it easier (Izanami was started by a crow clone against Kabuto)

this is really only possible because pernida's method of defense happens to be nerves, which will transmit physical sensations back to him. this counts towards Izanami's requirement, which ends up being a pretty big disadvantage.

^yeah, this could work, im not sure if the nerves transmit pain but it is more likely they do than they dont,

im not so sure about izanamis way of working but it should/could be possible ^_^ either way, i still vote for pernida since izanami doesnt seem for me like a "sure working" method, afterall it needs people who somehow have some kind of mentally hidden side like kabuto or something like that,

pernida seems to have no personality at all >_<

"Despite being the left arm of the Soul King, Pernida firmly believes to be a quincy, and becomes irritated when this is mocked, taking a lot of pride in his identity"

sounds like a prime target for Itachi's vague "you're denying reality" monologues against Kabuto. in fact it sounds almost just like what Kabuto was going through.

i'm not too familiar with naruto or bleach but, is Pernida a giant hand with a huge eyeball in the middle? like in the pics from his page?

if that's the case..isn't that like..the worst matchup ever? A giant eye against a guy who apparently wins through eye contact ? lol

i'll say Itachi for now. unless i'm missing something...

SupermanMax said:
i'm not too familiar with naruto or bleach but, is Pernida a giant hand with a huge eyeball in the middle? like in the pics from his page?
if that's the case..isn't that like..the worst matchup ever? A giant eye against a guy who apparently wins through eye contact ? lol

i'll say Itachi for now. unless i'm missing something...

If Genjutsu would work on Pernida sure, but it dosen't.....

er

why wouldn't genjutsu work? pernida has vision and a system in place that processes information from his sight.

Back