• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Isekai at Peace: Possibly Separating LN and WN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celestial_Pegasus

VS Battles
Administrator
As for most WN series, isekai at peace when it received a LN, the author decided to change some things. The WN came first and is basically a rough draft, the author themselves probably had no idea where they were going with the story.

The LN has changed somethings, off the top of my head, Ozma was introduced during vol 2, when in the WN he din't show up till like the 6 Kings festival, for context this would be the LN equivalent of like vol 12, since vol 11 will probably cover the Vier arc.

While Ozma is introduced earlier, his role was basically being a secret protector of Kaito, however ultimately his actions had no impact of the plot of that arc, Alice showed up and stopped him from doing anything, and Kaito still had to do Alice's trials just like the WN.

Illness also was introduced early, just like with Ozma she also tried to help Kaito, but again prevented by Alice, we also got her backstory earlier, as that didn't show up till the Afterstories of the LN.

During Kuro's arc, Shiro directly intervenes to help Kaito, while in the WN she didn't do anything, and we also got some hints towards what Shiro did later in the WN, and also even her true identity as "Destruction God of the Apocalypse".

Sieglinde got a powerup that she didn't in the WN, becoming Count Rank, this however wouldn't really change much, neither does Shiro's intervention in Kuro's arc.

What we have so far is a consistent theme, the LN adds more details, whether its foreshadowing to further events, or adding to character's development, however the sequence of events for an arc remains the same.

Volume 10 is where i think things get messy. In this vol Alice uses her Hekatonkheires, and grows so powerful, she is definitely on the same level of existence as Eden/Makina. In the WN Eden was clearly holding back, while in the LN she was serious.

This has implications going forward because its due to these events that Alice is as strong as she is in the final arc. And during that arc she uses Hekatonkheires to outgrow all the Gods and once that was done she shut the ability off, now if Alice is on a relative level to Eden who is 5-D, this plot point in the WN of Alice getting stronger can't happen as it did before. Maybe the author will also boost the Gods? Who knows, but things are probably gonna be different, or a plot hole/retcon is gonna happen.

Another thing is Alice being as strong as she is in the LN, "Quasi-Omnipotent" level, is something that takes until the Afterstories on the WN to happen. Despite all this though, as i already said the sequence of events in both versions remains the same, and the author hasn't like removed an arc, or changed a character's motivations.

Either way with all these details, should we separate the LN and WN? And if no how do we reconcile LN Alice already being Quasi-Omnipotent level? Though with the latter the author could retcon it, so we can't really tell what impact exactly Alice being as strong as she is will have, until we actually see it, so its pretty speculative right now.

Last edited:
Is okay for separation i guess
Event take place on different order/play out differently(ex: kaito get help by shiro on ln to confront kuro meanwhile in wn she not doing anything)

Lot of character introduced early(though only some changing the plot in important ways for now)

You have sieg have more power/power up early in ln

Author give Funf and illness more abilities(in vol 12)

In LN atleast for now there are no justification for higher dimension right?
I think if we separate them isis casual throwing magnawel and some other feats is the only ap feats currently

Though i prefer waiting for LN final arc to be sure about the separation(also makina to spitting that higher dimensional feats faster since she introduced early)

We already have justification for higher dimensions in the LN, the WN just has more ie transcend time and space, difference in rank between creators and creations etc.

In the LN we have Eden being stated to exist on another plane of existence, and Shiro perceives 2-D and 3-D as being the same. Also said she sees no difference between her creations from the plants to the world itself, so really they would at the very least be 4-D, and probably still 5-D.

That said we have to decide whether the separation is necessary in the first place before discussing scaling.

The only problem is Alice being this strong already, don't know what you would with the profile the way things are now.

Yea that's the thing, it's not like say Ozma for example was changed from being one of Megiddo's Generals, or a character who wanted to idk destroy the world, now wants to save or control it, the characters are mostly the same.

It's the escalation of the power scale that's problematic.

I guess I'm neutral with this since there's no change to the arc and the stories as the whole, just the powerscaling

But hypothetically, if the profiles are separated, what rating and P&A would the LN one get?

The only difference in terms of P&A and even tiering will just be that the WN will be further along than the LN, the LN will have all the same abilities as its WN counterpart, when it's at the same point in time.

Off the top of my head the WN would be stronger in most characters like with the God tiers cause the higher dimensional stuff like Makina creating infinite mult-dimensional universes, comes later, but in terms of speed the LN God tiers will be faster. The WN would also have more abilities cause again it's further ahead.

Top tiers between both versions will probably be the same except some minor things. LN Six Kings for example will probably just be like At least Relativistic in speed, Chronois and Ein would be FTL. WN 6 Kings will be High 6-A to Low 5-B with FTL+ speed, while the LN 6 Kings will probably just be High 6-A? Not too sure there, requires further input.

For the mid tiers, the LN versions will be faster, WN will be stronger until the 6 Kings Festival happens next volume probably.

When both versions are at the same point in time, the LN will be stronger, probably faster, more abilities etc.

This is just off the top of my head, cause i am not really focused on the split, cause we have to decide if its gonna even happen first, then we get into all the details.

I guess the separation is agreed then.

The WN is easy to separate, simply revert the profiles to before the LN additions, so around March 17.

LN however is gonna require further discussions, where to put God tiers, and top tiers for example, and probably mid tiers too, like do we take Count levels being able to destroy cities literally, the WN had the added context of mountain busting, LN hasn't reach there yet.

Will have to make another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back