• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is type 1 immortality useful?

Against Characters that can drain the life force of anothers, or even use disease manipulation. it is quite useful in that sense since those hax wouldn't work on a character with Immortality Type 1. But for everyday battles no, although it can help when it comes to stamina based battles since you can drag on a fight forever and outlast an opponent

Against Characters that can drain the life force of anothers, or even use disease manipulation.
No, not aging doesn’t mean that you’re immune to diseases, and it also doesn’t inherently mean that your life force can’t be drained because life force is not always an extension of age.

No, not aging doesn’t mean that you’re immune to diseases, and it also doesn’t inherently mean that your life force can’t be drained because life force is not always an extension of age.
Eternal Life: Characters gifted with this type of immortality cannot die from natural causes, such as old age or conventional illness, but can be killed by unnatural causes. To clarify, this type of immortality can include both those who do not age at all, and those who still grow old, but will never die of old age.
Wouldn't conventional illness fall under Disease Manipulation when it pertains to giving said illnesses to an opponent??
Also for some verses Having Immortality Type 1 just means no matter how much life force is drained from an individual, it wouldn't matter as they can't die due to unlimited life span

But if a character have eternal life, it doesn't matter how much life is stolen from him.
( Depends on verse about draining life force )
According to the Oxford dictionary, life force is:
the force or influence that gives something its vitality or strength.
Age (or more specifically, the ability to live longer) is not the thing that supplies someone’s vitality. It’s a consequence of having a strong vitality. For the sake of argument, let’s assume that a being can age eternally. Their ability to age eternally is INDEPENDENT of “the driving force” behind their life. Like if you steal someone’s life force does that mean that they aged out of existence ? No right ? Typically in fiction, “life force” is stuff like Mana or some form of profound energy that supplies a character’s body. Though it varies from verse to verse.
Wouldn't conventional illness fall under Disease Manipulation when it pertains to giving said illnesses to an opponent??
I’d assume that’s referencing how susceptible a person gets to dying from a disease as they get older (i.e., the likelihood of an old person dying from heart failure). Frankly, I never saw that part of the Type 1 justification, and I disagree with how it’s worded/what it’s implying. I’ll make a thread addressing it later today or tomorrow.

you can win match via outlive your opponent, depend on situation of the combat with outliving being the potential wincon, but it is extremely rare, and resistance to normal Age Manipulation, still match involve these things is rare so......................

Back