• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is Toph really building level?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The stress from moving all the iron at once could break the already compromised support structures.

If Toph didn't have lives to worry about, I have no doubt she could lift all that iron, but she DID have lives to worry about.

IMO, the iron mine still doesn't prove the library feat is an outlier

@DB Fan Jake

You say you have no doubt she could've lifted it if she didn't have lives to worry about but because she had lives to worry about she couldn't...?

If she lifted the library which is a higher feat than the mine shaft she wouldn't be stressed. Even tho metal bending is harder than earth bending it's not that much of a factor IMO because she's only holding it up, not moving it around.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
Doing a potential energy calc for the library thing.
PE = Mass * Gravity (9.8 m/s) * Height

2,500,000,000,000,000 kg * 9.8 m/s * 1.13 m (Toph's height ) = 2.7685e+16 joules or 6.61 Megatons of TNT, just 310 Kilotons above baseline City level.
Why Do you use tophs height, though?

Actually why even PE? I mean you can really just use PE if what she did was pulling the library upwards, it doesn't apply to her stopping it from sinking.

To that comes that this is a library that is in sand. Holding something up under that condition is easier than just holding it in the air, due to the same reason lifting something underwater is easier than lifting it on ground.

Like I said for the umpteenth time, if she were that strong she could have lifted the entire freaking mine.

@DB Fan Jack

So if I'm understanding correctly. Your trying to say she could lift it normally with no problem but her doing so to quickly would have shaken apart the mine killing everyone?.

Basically she would need to lift slowly?

What about Bumi's feat of moving that giant statue? It was much bigger than a building iirc

The mine feat was actually very different from the library. As stated, it was done with metalbending, but it was also in a structure she was inside of. Toph was bending her surroundings, in an uneven and unstable structure, for a long amount of time. In contrast, the library feat was shorter, with an external, relatively symmetrical structure located in front of her and an external platform to stand on. The library feat required streangh, while the mine required more skill and stamina in order to bend the uneven and unstable structure from within for a long period. The conclution should be that Toph has more streangh than stamina (while both impressive), and that some complex situations make earthbending more difficut.

In regards to the sand supposadly under the library- it was not there, it was being sucked into the spirit world, not sinking into sand.

Another impressive earthbending moment that could be above building level is when the Dai Li take down the wall of Ba Sing Se.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back