• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is this verse allowed? (Burger Brawl)

Psychomaster35

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
So I’m intending on adding a series to this wiki in the near future called Burger Brawl, which was some web series on YouTube I got into since 2021 after some user (Who is now inactive) talked about it in that year. Said series, while having most of its cast as original characters, features some copyrighted characters within it that aren’t parodies, but the real characters (Albeit with different personalities than their official versions). Most notably, the Burger King (Yes, the literal mascot of the restaurant) is one of the main characters who has a very rude personality with original abilities that aren’t from the official version. The series also directly references other series without permission of the original (IE. Verbalase‘s Cartoon Beatbox Battles) and even references other fan series (IE. SuperMarioLogan which is a Mario fanseries).

Despite this, the story and characters are mostly original. I mean, if Animator VS Animation was allowed on this wiki despite featuring major franchises in it like Mario and Minecraft as unofficial crossovers, this has to be allowed, right?

Last edited:
I wouldn't use Animator Vs. Animation as justification, as it's already highly controversial.

I don't think this would be allowed for the same reason Animator Vs. Animation shouldn't be, as it relies too heavily on existing series without the crossovers being official.

It would be cool to see some of Burger Brawl's own characters on this wiki, but I think it suits the FC/OC Battles Wiki better due to how important Burger King is to the story. Honestly he's really the only character stopping the show from being on the VS Battles Wiki. The other crossover characters aren't prominent enough to be much of a problem.

A parody is a creative work designed to imitate, comment on, and/or mock its subject by means of satiric or ironic imitation. Often its subject is an original work or some aspect of it (theme/content, author, style, etc), but a parody can also be about a real-life person (e.g. a politician), event, or movement (e.g. the French Revolution or 1960s counterculture). Literary scholar Professor Simon Dentith defines parody as "any cultural practice which provides a relatively polemical allusive imitation of another cultural production or practice".[1] The literary theorist Linda Hutcheon said "parody ... is imitation, not always at the expense of the parodied text." Parody may be found in art or culture, including literature, music, theater, television and film, animation, and gaming. Some parody is practiced in theater
This is the definition of "parody". Burguer Brawl Burguer king is not related to the actual burguer king mascot lore wise and is outside the copright spectrum thanks to It's parody nature, beingh a satire of the real burguer king and hosts of other object shows

more, the burguer king franchise in the serie can be considered a fictional one with just beingh related in name and aperance, but the parody side of the serie makes It outside the reach of copyright

I could also argue about Animation vs Animator crossover here but sinse this isn't the focous of the sthread I would rather not

what I mean is, the representation of the burguer king in the serie is a parody so:
Parodies are protected under the fair use doctrine of United States copyright law, but the defense is more successful if the usage of an existing copyrighted work is transformative in nature, such as being a critique or commentary upon it.
The burguer king is double parody, a more direct one for the burguer king mascot creepy aperance and facial expresions + paroding the wack steriopty of object shows hosts every sinse four became a thing

This is the definition of "parody". Burguer Brawl Burguer king is not related to the actual burguer king mascot lore wise and is outside the copright spectrum thanks to It's parody nature, beingh a satire of the real burguer king and hosts of other object shows

more, the burguer king franchise in the serie can be considered a fictional one with just beingh related in name and aperance, but the parody side of the serie makes It outside the reach of copyright

I could also argue about Animation vs Animator crossover here but sinse this isn't the focous of the sthread I would rather not

what I mean is, the representation of the burguer king in the serie is a parody so:

The burguer king is double parody, a more direct one for the burguer king mascot creepy aperance and facial expresions + paroding the wack steriopty of object shows hosts every sinse four became a thing
The VS Battles Wiki isn't worried about legalities in this regard. The rule is in place to prevent fan-fiction usage and redundant profiles. What you really explained is why Gery hasn't been sued, plus you mentioned a double standard on the VS Battles Wiki that is Animation vs. Animator. I have no need to explain why Animation vs. Animator is on this wiki, because I don't know and what's more important is to point out that it'd be better for there to be less inclusions that are questionable.

The VS Battles Wiki isn't worried about legalities in this regard. The rule is in place to prevent fan-fiction usage and redundant profiles. What you really explained is why Gery hasn't been sued, plus you mentioned a double standard on the VS Battles Wiki that is Animation vs. Animator. I have no need to explain why Animation vs. Animator is on this wiki, because I don't know and what's more important is to point out that it'd be better for there to be less inclusions that are questionable.
okay, here
Fan fiction or fanfiction (also abbreviated to fan fic, fanfic, fic or FF) is fictional writing written in an amateur capacity by fans, unauthorized by, but based on an existing work of fiction. The author uses copyrighted characters, settings, or other intellectual properties from the original creator(s) as a basis for their writing. Fan fiction ranges from a couple of sentences to an entire novel, and fans can retain the creator's characters and settings and/or add their own. It is a form of fan labor. Fan fiction can be based on any fictional (and occasional non-fictional) subject. Common bases for fan fiction include novels, movies, musical groups, cartoons, anime, manga, and video games.
Fan fiction is defined by being related to its subject's canonical fictional universe, either staying within those boundaries but not being of the canon itself, or else branching outside of it into an alternative universe.[2] Thus, what is "fanon" is separate from what is canon. Fan fiction is often written and published within circles of fans, and therefore would usually not cater to readers who have no knowledge of the original fiction.
the main thing you can take from this is that for It to enter the fanfic spectrum as It is not a rewrite or expansion of the original universe... well, original as big as the burguer king can have

It's is treating the burguer king as It's own charater separetated from the original. so It's not really fanfic eitheir

okay, here

the main thing you can take from this is that for It to enter the fanfic spectrum as It is not a rewrite or expansion of the original universe... well, original as big as the burguer king can have

It's is treating the burguer king as It's own charater separetated from the original. so It's not really fanfic eitheir
Yeah, but I meant it in a different way. I meant fan-fiction broadly as in a story featuring aspects from other media. I'll try to frame this correctly. Google's Dictionary defines fan-fiction as "fiction written by a fan of, and featuring characters from, a particular TV series, movie, etc.". We know that Burger Brawl prominently features a character from other media, but... How do we know whether or not Gery is a fan of Burger King? If he is a fan but suddenly stopped being one, making Burger Brawl not apply to this definition of fan-fiction, why would that make Burger Brawl usable on the VS Battles Wiki all of a sudden when nothing about the actual content changed?

Plus, I remembered that, although the Burger King is portrayed as a unique character, he is portrayed in-story as a character representing the actual Burger King brand, among other cameo characters who are less important to the story.

Just beingh comical is not what makes a parodie, to be a parodie needs to be a comical way to talk or represent something that alread exist

if the fanfic don't makes fun of what they are beingh a fanfic of It's not a parody

Let me give a exemple, would you considere this a fanfic? yes, It tecnically is, and is also a parody...

I countered my own argument, lol.

I will awnser the questions now

Yeah, but I meant it in a different way. I meant fan-fiction broadly as in a story featuring aspects from other media. I'll try to frame this correctly. Google's Dictionary defines fan-fiction as "fiction written by a fan of, and featuring characters from, a particular TV series, movie, etc.". We know that Burger Brawl prominently features a character from other media, but... How do we know whether or not Gery is a fan of Burger King? If he is a fan but suddenly stopped being one, making Burger Brawl not apply to this definition of fan-fiction, why would that make Burger Brawl usable on the VS Battles Wiki all of a sudden when nothing about the actual content changed?

Plus, I remembered that, although the Burger King is portrayed as a unique character, he is portrayed in-story as a character representing the actual Burger King brand, among other cameo characters who are less important to the story.
so, is the problem is that the king is copryghted or the fact It's a character that alread existed previously?

if is that he is copyrighted is the problem we are back to my first arguments

if the problem is that he is a representation of a alread existing character, what makes It not a fanfic is the fact there is no corelation to the oficial cannon of.... burguer king, I think a good way to explain this would be

Let's take snaaaanns for exemple

turn him into a human with horns, a cape and 3 eyes, change his name to albert, would you be able to say It's a undertale parody of sans? yes

Now take the burguer king, change the burguer place to a taco shop and change the king for the guy I mentioned above as the mascot of the place, would you be able to tell It's a parody of burguer king? no, possible a parody of fast foods as a hole maybe

to be a fanfic It needs the original verse to work, the burguer king on't need the burguer king brand to work

I guess there is problens in my argument.... or not really, I would say that this description would put some Undertale AU outside the fanfic circle, but thinking again, all the fanfics of undertale that are unreconizable from the original undertale is beacuse they are fanfics of unertale fanfics.... I will try to right this argument again

okay

To be a fanfic the universe It makes part need to be a extension or retale of the original, to the point where if you put a "makeup" over the fanfic to make It looks original.... FUNK!!! I JUST REMENBERD A COUNTER ARGUMENT!

I actually want to re start the debate to make It just about "what would be fanfic and what is not" and after that go back to talk about burguer king... I will make a disscusion thread about fanfics to talk about It, one sec

Back