• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is this Tier/AP rating accurate via these feats/statements?.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
I wanted to add a character to the wiki but I want to be sure it's Tier/AP rating is correct first. Here are the statements about it's power.

Likely 7-B/City level

First Statement

"When the magicians saw he destroyed cities so innocently, they finally realized what a monster they created."

Second Statement

"Each time Soulus tries to get out, the entire island shakes and it's getting worse."

Possibly High 6-A/Multi-Continent level

First Statement

"But you must go on. The power of the Eternal Ring will soon be weak and the force trapped inside will be released. If that happens, you, Lyla, and all living things in this world will not be able to survive."

Second Statement

"The child will be freed and the world will once again be under the threat of destruction"

Some Context

The exact size of the cities Soulus destroyed are unknown and we don't know the if he destroyed them in one shot but given he's capable of shaking an entire island simply by trying to break the seal that is trapping him inside a ring, I think it's likely he destroyed them in one shot.

The same can be said about the island size, however you go through underground caverns filled with lava, a forest, and a snow covered area. It is even stated that one of the areas you travel through is a "valley". So I think it's safe to assume that the island he's repeatedly shaking while being inside a ring is not a small island.

For the planet level rating, it is stated that if Soulus escapes the ring "no living thing would survive" and it's later stated "the world would once again be under the threat of destruction".

Now I know "world destruction" doesn't = planet destruction by default. However given it's stated no living thing will survive if he escapes, it means at most he'll destroy the surface of the planet. I'll admit that it could also be an over time thing but that's why I suggest "possible High 6-A" since we don't know if he'd do it in one shot.

However I do think Likely 7-B, possibly High 6-A for Soulus is fair given the statements above and the fact that he's shaking an island while in a different dimension. I'd really like to hear the opinions of others on this, if you think this rating is ok or to high, let me know below.

probably “At least Low 7-B, Likely 7-B” for the city destruction since the size of said city is unknown and without detail.

As for the High 6-A stuff the 1st statement isn’t necessarily a surface bust. It could just mean the planet would be uninhabitable after whatever he does.

2nd statement “destroying the world” is that planet here in this context? That usually defaults to High 6-A surface wipe from what I recall. Is there any further context as to the method of “destroying the world”?

I don't know if he was talking about destroying the planet for sure which is why I said "possibly" High 6-A and not straight up. That's why I think the "world destruction" in combination with the "all living things won't survive" statement could mean he's gonna wipe out the surface. For the method, he uses magic for destruction and this magical power is what was shaking Island, plus there was a statement that said on the island was a spot that looked like a "natural disaster" happened as if a "giant beast" went on a rampage.

His magic power is basically causing earthquakes, and it's described as a natural disaster. Soulus is described as a "force" in the first High 6-A statement. People in the verse tried to use his power to destroy each other so my best guess on his method of causing the destruction of the world, is causing a massive earthquake type disaster. Going off the second statement in the 7-B part, it even states the island shaking is getting worse so it's likely that's the method.

I completely forgot, we have a calculation for shaking the earth right here and it's Low 6-B. It says High 6-A is only used if it's a real earthquake which it's not.

Another issue is that the calc is for Earth, and while the Eternal Ring verse has continents, I don't think it's modeled after Earth. At the bottom it also says shaking the Earth to destruction can't be calced...

I guess a At least Low 7-B, Likely 7-B, Possibly Higher to be safe since it will require more assumptions if calced.

I completely forgot, we have a calculation for shaking the earth right here and it's Low 6-B. It says High 6-A is only used if it's a real earthquake which it's not.

Another issue is that the calc is for Earth, and while the Eternal Ring verse has continents, I don't think it's modeled after Earth. At the bottom it also says shaking the Earth to destruction can't be calced...

I guess a At least Low 7-B, Likely 7-B, Possibly Higher to be safe since it will require more assumptions if calced.
If you're assuming everything on the surface will be destroyed, assume at least Magnitude 7 and above, which wields High 6-A according to the blog.

If you're assuming everything on the surface will be destroyed, assume at least Magnitude 7 and above, which wields High 6-A according to the blog.
Isn't the blog only for Earth size planets though?. I could check again but the Eternal Ring verse isn't Earth. It has multiple continents though.

@KLOL506 So Magnitude 7 from a distance is the baseline for destroying the Earth surface via shaking it? That reminds me because some were conflicted about using Magnitude 6 or 7 for another verse. And we decided to go with Magnitude 6 for safety reasons.

@KLOL506 So Magnitude 7 from a distance is the baseline for destroying the Earth surface via shaking it? That reminds me because some were conflicted about using Magnitude 6 or 7 for another verse. And we decided to go with Magnitude 6 for safety reasons.
I used magnitude 7 based on the destruction caused in the Tangshan earthquake, which is a 7.6 on the Richter scale (Do get that even this is a bit of a low-ball). I didn't exactly say that this would destroy the planet, just that it would leave the surface of the planet completely wrecked and uninhabitable.

Last edited:
I guess, I may need to make a thread to upgrade a certain S Class human when I get back from work.

Basically my position is - always have a referenced and/or calculated yield.

E.g. If it has to be a city level character, it has to dish out one attack in one go that contributes to an energy yield equivalent to a city level attack in accordance with our attack potency chart.

If that said attack is said to create one sizeable explosion, then the explosion size (or explosion radius) and nature (nuclear air blast / non-nuclear air blast / ground blast) has to be known or calculated.

It seems a bad practice to estimate feat yields from nothing other than words like "cities", "countries", "planets" etc. A referenced place, like Tokyo, Mt Fuji, Japan, Earth, etc. whose geographical size is known, however, is acceptable.

Last edited:
Basically my position is - always have a referenced and/or calculated yield.

E.g. If it has to be a city level character, it has to dish out one attack in one go that contributes to an energy yield equivalent to a city level attack in accordance with our attack potency chart.

If that said attack is said to create one sizeable explosion, then the explosion size (or explosion radius) and nature (nuclear air blast / non-nuclear air blast / ground blast) has to be known or calculated.

It seems a bad practice to estimate feat yields from nothing other than words like "cities", "countries", "planets" etc. A referenced place, like Tokyo, Mt Fuji, Japan, Earth, etc. whose geographical size is known, however, is acceptable.
Your suggesting we just make him baseline then?.

No, Jason is saying you need a calculation to give them a 7-B rating, since just "destroyed a city" could be heavily variable depending on the context and thus unquantifable.

No, Jason is saying you need a calculation to give them a 7-B rating, since just "destroyed a city" could be heavily variable depending on the context and thus unquantifable.
Soulus caused an entire island which had an entire forest, valley, multiple villages, underground caverns and ice areas to shake and he's trapped in a different dimension simply trying to leave a room. I'm pretty sure he can destroy a city by causing an earthquake with his power but If statements like these aren't enough then I won't even bother making a profile because his states would be unknown.

Then, do you know which city or mountain or island that the said character can destroy? Can that area be inspired from another real world place?

E.g. we do not know the official data for Edge City in The Mask, but we know it is inspired by Los Angeles California USA (because The Mask 1994 movie is produced in LA) and the size of the Edge City can therefore be estimated.

No. The Eternal Ring world has a different planet the our own and isn't based on any real life places. The story takes place in the "western continent", the largest country is Heingaria and the other two countries are Solcia and Aldine. The Island of No Return is near Solcia. None of this is based on real world stuff as are as I'm aware.

I'll just put him at Unknown with a description. Since he still has some powers and abilities Soulus could still get a profile I guess. Could scale him to Wall level since the dragons are big enough to destroy large stone constructs and he's more powerful than them.

No. The Eternal Ring world has a different planet the our own and isn't based on any real life places. The story takes place in the "western continent", the largest country is Heingaria and the other two countries are Solcia and Aldine. The Island of No Return is near Solcia. None of this is based on real world stuff as are as I'm aware.

I'll just put him at Unknown with a description. Since he still has some powers and abilities Soulus could still get a profile I guess. Could scale him to Wall level since the dragons are big enough to destroy large stone constructs and he's more powerful than them.
Just to ask: is it a book verse? That no unit of measurement is applicable?

It's a game verse.
Why not use game screen cap or cinematic video for reference? Or some mini game animation? (dunno how to say - like Sephiroth's Super Nova animation presentation)

Other game characters are tiered like this.

Or some good cosmology blog for Tier 2 to Tier 1 scaling

I'll see what images/clips I can find to at least get some size.

There is no shot of the full island. At the start of the game, we see the edge of the island stretchs of into the far background. While in a ruins section of the island, you can see more landmass in the background on different sides.

One kingdom is shown on one of the countries twice but it's a painted image. If anything these were the areas Soulus destroyed back when he was free.

Like I said though, it's impossible to get an accurate size in my opinion. That island had many different areas, caverns, and even a tower that started underground and then reached into the clouds. The island is huge but it's true size is actually is unknown.

Back