• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is This Hypersonic?

Definitely, moving fast enough to catch on fire to leave a trail is commonly used as Hypersonic

Isn't that specifically for clothes as the requirements point out?
I asked DontTalk, and he said no.

The problem with the 1666 m/s value is that it assumes 1500°C is to be reached due to that being cremation temperature for humans i.e. they assume you get so hot that a normal human would burn to ashes. I see no reason to assume the heat gets big enough for that, unless that actually happens to the character. Being hot enough to burn body hair and/or fat and oils in the body should already be enough to catch on fire.

Then the justification for that calc in RFCF should be changed, because if what DT is saying is true, then this shouldn't necessarily involve having clothes to necessarily be caught on fire through sheer speed.

Last edited:
and since when has that calculation been a thing cause this is the first time im seeing it and until now everyone has been saying that ablation speed is mach 5

why not just the speed to set your body itself on fire, specifically only clothes seems strange
more specifically tile floor for this feat

Back