• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

is this Abstract Existence 1/2?

"God is a mass of perceptions. The perception of 'time' becomes God, the perception of 'earth' becomes God ......, and God is born when the creatures, things, and concepts that exist are strongly perceived. ...... In short, it is like a living spirit. It's like a living spirit."

"For example, is there a god in this miso ramen?"

"I'm not sure. In other words, the god of this one is the "god of miso ramen". The other famous ramen shop's miso ramen is a mass of recognition as 'the god of XX ramen'."

If you include things like Iekei ramen, there are several different kinds of ramen gods alone.

I am the true miso ramen!" No, what nonsense. I am the essence of miso ramen! You are a blabbermouth! I've been the miso ramen master since Edo! I'm sure there is a battle going on between these two.

"I'm sure there's a war going on. So that means humans have gods too."

"You mean 'human gods'?"

If you think of humans, that's true. But what about each individual? For example, let's say there is a man named Taro Yamada. The people around him recognize him as Taro Yamada.

In other words, Taro Yamada's God is born.

That's right.

Even if they have the same name, they are recognized as individuals by other names as well, such as "that young bald guy Yamada-san" or "that third-year student Yamada," so each person has his or her own god.

In this case, "young bald guy" and "third-year student" are also recognized as concepts, and thus God exists.

And furthermore, since the recognition of the concept of "God" gives birth to God, there is a "God of God. Cool.

It goes on forever, like 10 divided by 3.

"And God, the number of perceived affects the existence of God. I'm sure something like 'Oda Nobunaga's God' still exists."

"That's awesome."

"That's amazing. In summary, 1) God is born through recognition, 2) the more the number of recognized Gods is, the stronger Gods are, 3) there are infinite Gods, and 4) there are no limits to the number of recognized Gods. That's it. Understand?"

"The observer who is the source of God, or what is perceived, is called the origin, and the origin and God's appearance must be the same. The concept has no form, and most things have the same appearance, so it is only natural that the form we perceive becomes God."

"I'm just guessing here, but I think that God is born when humans recognize ...... him, and the same can be said of God. God is also recognized by God or the world so that the origin can live as a human being. I think that the origin is affected because Atashi is now recognized as an irregularity by the gods around her."

"Can the appearance be restored?"

I don't know." From what we know now, I would say no. Origin is recognized by humans and by God in that form."
btw is this, Time or matter manip?
"Yes. Gods are made to look like humans, so the powers that everyone recognizes are available to us as gods. We can move at a moment's notice, fly in the sky, etc."

"Really? Can you even stop time?"

"Yes. But since it stops atoms, even if you touch a marshmallow, it won't be soft, and if you try to break it, it won't move at all.

Time or matter manip?
Time Stop.

The God just explain that since temporal dimension are frozen (stopped), matter are frozen as well.

The rest, I believed The God are indeed Abstract Being and if we categorize them, I put them as AE type 1.
But to get Abstract Existence, there's a requirement more than just being a concept or an abstraction.

Embodying a concept is not enough to obtain this ability, an abstract needs feats or reliable statements proving that the concept they represent grants them Immortality/Regeneration or control over the abstraction.
The Abstract Being need have control/manipulation over the concept their embody, or they are immortal as long the abstraction they embody exist.

Time Stop.

The God just explain that since temporal dimension are frozen (stopped), matter are frozen as well.

The rest, I believed The God are indeed Abstract Being and if we categorize them, I put them as AE type 1.
But to get Abstract Existence, there's a requirement more than just being a concept or an abstraction.

The Abstract Being need have control/manipulation over the concept their embody, or they are immortal as long the abstraction they embody exist.
can you elaborate how manipulation is?
btw it seems like god can still exist even if the origin is dead. And can turn Origin into same kind of existence
"And God, the number of perceived affects the existence of God. I'm sure something like 'Oda Nobunaga's God' still exists."
"And at Origin, there are two options."

"Live or die. ......"

"Even if I did, I wouldn't kill Origin. ......"

"There is one more option. I can erase all the memories of the origin from all the people, and you and I can live in a different space."

"What do you mean?"

"The divine power also has the power to create space. After erasing the memories of all human beings, they will not be able to live on the current earth without a family register or a house, so they will create a new space for the two of us to die together."

"I think the purpose of this project has become a little more dangerous, but ....... The purpose of the project has become noisy, but it may be an attractive proposition.

can you elaborate how manipulation is?
Well, such as if God of Miso Ramen were to be erased, then the existence of Miso Ramen also gone.

In more extreme example, it's like if you erase God of Destruction and as after effect also erase the concept of destruction in the world. Object and Creature cannot be destroyed because the concept that predate destruction doesn't exist, so nothing can be destroyed anymore.

Well, such as if God of Miso Ramen were to be erased, then the existence of Miso Ramen also gone.

In more extreme example, it's like if you erase God of Destruction and as after effect also erase the concept of destruction in the world. Object and Creature cannot be destroyed because the concept that predate destruction doesn't exist, so nothing can be destroyed anymore.
"Why did I take on your form?"

"Oh, thank you for being so quick to understand. Well, we don't know either, but I guess we were made to fit one or the other. By the world."

"By the world?"

I asked her in a parroting tone, and she nodded.

"I am just guessing here, but I think the same can be said for God, who is born when he is recognized by humans. ...... God is also recognized by God or the world so that the origin can live as a human being. I think that the Origin was affected because Atashi became recognized by the gods around him as an irregularity."

...... "Certainly, that theory would be correct."
Is the god of the world doing reverse recognition/changing reality included in the category?

I don't understand. Elaborate, especially I want to understand what is The Origin in this verse.
Simply put, origin is the source of god itself from tangible things such as ramen, individual person to time, world. concept, collection of existing concept
"The observer who is the source of God, or what is perceived, is called the origin, and the origin and God's appearance must be the same. The concept has no form, and most things have the same appearance, so it is only natural that the form we perceive becomes God."
"I'm sure there's a war going on. So that means humans have gods too."

"You mean 'human gods'?"

If you think of humans, that's true. But what about each individual? For example, let's say there is a man named Taro Yamada. The people around him recognize him as Taro Yamada.

In other words, Taro Yamada's God is born.
"God is a mass of perceptions. The perception of 'time' becomes God, the perception of 'earth' becomes God ......, and God is born when the creatures, things, and concepts that exist are strongly perceived. ...... In short, it is like a living spirit. It's like a living spirit."
"Ummm, well, ...... then I'll give you my, 'God of Kasuga Hoshi Nagi', so I'll give you my nickname. From now on you are [Nagisa]."
"Why did I take on your form?"

"Oh, thank you for being so quick to understand. Well, we don't know either, but I guess we were made to fit one or the other. By the world."

"By the world?"
"I'm not sure. In other words, the god of this one is the "god of miso ramen". The other famous ramen shop's miso ramen is a mass of recognition as 'the god of XX ramen'."

Okay I understand, now I understand what is Origin.

Simply put, origin is the source of god itself from tangible things such as ramen, individual person to time, world. concept, collection of existing concept
IMO, this should be enough for AE type 1.
From what I read, God are born from people perception of certain object/concept and they exist because of people mass perception of that.
Some God also born because people perceive other, like Oda Nobuga (God) because people acknowledge a person with that name.

Yeah, I think AE 1 justify enough.
Granted, they exist as purely an abstraction.

Okay I understand, now I understand what is Origin.

IMO, this should be enough for AE type 1.
From what I read, God are born from people perception of certain object/concept and they exist because of people mass perception of that.
Some God also born because people perceive other, like Oda Nobuga (God) because people acknowledge a person with that name.

Yeah, I think AE 1 justify enough.
Granted, they exist as purely an abstraction.
Thank you for answering. But the control over abstraction/concept seems "too abstract to understand" for a God that comes from an individual.

control over abstraction/concept seems "too abstract to understand" for a God that comes from an individual
That is true.
I was focusing on the more suitable candidate like the God that are born from perception of time and God that born from the perception of earth, etc.

In all honesty, I don't understand how do we apply abstract existence to those type of "Individual Existence".

Althought, the concept of existence of individual can be classified as concept.
And AFAIK, some character in this wiki that can exist solely as their individual existence can be classified as type 1 Abstract Existence.

Back