• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is there any way to calculate how fast someone moves when making afterimages?

Typically, Afterimages are Subsonic I believe. There’s probably a better way to do it, but I’m bad at Calcs.

I would asume that if you have an afterimage in point A another in point B, then you had to at least move faster than the human eye can see from point A to B. But I wanted to make sure.

Afterimages are 200 mph or around 89.408 m/s at minimum.

Yeah, but I would asume that the farther away from each other afterimages are, the faster you're moving, right?

Don't think is physically possible to create afterimages, they either see the target, a distorted image of the target (like a blur), or see nothing. If any, afterimages are more related to optical illusions related to light.

Afterimages are merely an illusion caused by the human eye being unable to tract the movements of certain objects.

Everyone else is correct, but they aren't technically answering your question.

If it is specifically stated that a character is at one point, and they move so fast as to create an afterimage, say, 300 meters away from their original position 1 second after they moved, they would be moving 300 m/s, or subsonic+. other than those specific cercumstances, Afterimages would only be indicative of subsonic without additional context.

Back