• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is Salomes ability a No-Limit-Fallcy?

The question is about the ability "External Offering" of the To aru majutsu no index character Salome.

While it will likely not be of much importance for the creation of her page in the near future the question is if for vs thread puposes a strict upper limit of her ability has to be held at, because of the No limits fallacy. Let me explain her ability:

Salomes ability allows her to offer weapons she destroyed up. If she does so her power increases in relation to the power of the weapon she destroyed and she gains the special attributes of the weapon (so if she destroys a sword for example she will be able to produce a invisible blade from her hands).

Since she grows more powerful when destroying weapons, she can after destroying a few weak weapons destroy stronger / more durable weapons and through them grow even stronger.

But if she doesn't destroy a weapon for 3 minutes she resets back to just superhuman stats.

So one can maybe see why the question if saying that she can in theory, when destroying enough powerful weapons, grow stronger without a certain peak value (well, not higher than 3-A, I suppose) is a tricky question in regards to the no limits fallacy.

Its not like the typical case of someone being claimed to have infinite power, but more like that someone under very specific circumstances can grow to every possible level.

In other words one could see it so that it is less her having no limits, but more like that her very specific limit lies in the fact that she has to be able to destroy a weapon of that much power first in order to be able to grow to that amount of power.

As said its not of any relevance to her profile, but I would be curious of some thoughts on this outside of the ones I already got the the to aru general discussion thread.

Well, I think that we can only go by her displayed upper limits. Without demonstrations, we do not know if she could quickly accelerate to destroying hypothetical weapons stronger than the magic gods, for example.

I don't think that External Offering is a NLF. It has very clear limits, and it's not like she'll be able to get that strong with just the weapons she carries around.

But yeah, going with her best feats is probably the best option. I doubt Salome herself knows if EO has a limit, since she probably never fought someone strong enough to find out.

Back