• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is Kirby Really Infinite?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last afternoon, I noticed that in the newest Kirby game that his standard ability bio referred to him as "The pink puffball with infinite power!"

After pinching myself to make sure I wasn't reading the comment section of Youtube and mistaking it for the new game, I then bashed my head against the wall in a futile attempt to knock this new info out of my head. "Kirby? Infinite? Bah, humbug!" As much as I liked the kid, I wasn't willing to just allow that to happen! So I decided to shove it under the rug for a while.

But then I realized that it might actually be a more realistic assessment than I first thought.

Firstly, our last assessment of Kirby's bio text regarding the power of Kirby's hypernova ability was given the greenlight for a literal interpretation ("Kinda hard to argue with 'literally a black hole,' don't you think, guys?"). That helps offer a minor bump to high 3-A Kirby's credibility.

Secondly, the Magolor scandal had Kirby take down a high 3-A being, but was neglected on account of the MASSIVE disparity of power between combatants, with supporters being mocked for suggesting such an obvious outlier was canon.

Except now we have two outliers with the exact same meanings. Hmm...

Thirdly, in the anime, as Fastsword88 mentioned in this article which he may or may not consider an old shame (Kirby vs Majin Buu: Death Battle Explanation Time), Kirby has also pranced about inside a black hole, swam through space to avoid the jaws of a creature with similar powers to a black hole, and chucked a monster around the sun at 137 times the speed of light. All of these are insane (particularly that last one) and have Kirby cracked up to be stupidly strong.

With all of these together, I would propose that we should NOT immediately bump up Kirby to high 3-A and make him fight Beerus. I think that we should hold off until Kirby gets another "Magolor" scenario and wins. I haven't finished Planet Robobot yet, but when I do, I'll alert you of any incoming universe+ shenanigans we need to take into account.

What do you guys propose we do?

Well, his general displayed power level does not remotely indicate infinite power, black holes are unquantifiable, and the bio likely just used a hyperbole matter of expression to get people excited, not something to be taken literally.

However, if he gets more feats, we may have to re-evaluate.

Magolor was not a High 3-A being in the absolute slightest. He was possibly 3-A or a single physical universe. Also Hulk has multiple showings of infinite power with the "same meaning." It doesn't mean they aren't outliers if a vast majority of other showings contradicts it, which Kirby having Infinite Power does, given he routinely struggles with Multi-Solar System level characters.

I read somewhere that the infinite power statement was said by some sort of planet sized sentient wish granter nearly identical to NOVA (Kirby) after Kirby beat him. Would that have any effect. Though I doubt it...

@Cal not at all. A hyperbole/heavily contradicted statement is still exactly that. Regardless of the source it came from.

Well, since this has been answered, I will close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back