• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is Bambina really FTL?

So I was having a bit of a lively debate on the Bambina page and I was directed to the forum to ask this question: Is Bambina really FTL?

Let me cover a few things so you know where I'm coming from:

At first I wondered how Coco compared the mold spear to actual fungal spores and the spear being "near" light speed (per fan translations) but apparently the fan translations are wrong and Coco did indeed say light speed. Here a user received confirmation from a translator that Viz was indeed correct:

http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?p=53129722

But apparently viz, in their translation, removed the word accelerate and that confuses me. Why would coco compare throwing the mold spores to fungal spores if the spear didn't take time to accelerate? Here is the link to the raw:

http://i.imgur.com/qQwHdhl.png

The phrase in question is right here:

ÕàëÚǃÒü½Òü¥ÒüºÕèáÚǃÒüÖÒéïµ»ÆÒü«µºìÒéÆÕø×Úü┐ÒüÖÒéïÒü«Òü»õ©ìÕÅ»Þâ¢.

Now I don't speak or read Japanese so I can't confirm if viz messed up (they have in the past) but when I go to google translate I get this: It is impossible to avoid the spear of poison to accelerate up to the speed of light .

If anyone who can read Japanese can give their insight it would be appreciated.

Now I have to point out a few others things that are going to be copy and paste from my discussion on the bambina page, certain inconsistencies:

"…the implication is that Bambina, who is faster than Coco's "light speed" attack (hence FTL), means that when he was trying to "kiss" the kings, that the kings were faster than he was. He missed them at point blank range and then their combo attack hit him at point blank range. Also, Mitsutoshi made it clear how important this dance was to Bambina so to say he wasn't giving his all when he tried to kiss them would be ludicrous. Keep in mind the kings are rated at sub-relativistic by scaling to bambina, who was scaled to the mold spear. Something isn't right and it is worth a challenge to Bambina's FTL speed assumption. Here are the chapters I'm in reference to:

http://*********.com/Manga/Toriko/Ch-314--Saru-We-Dance---?id=221833

http://*********.com/Manga/Toriko/Ch-315--Musical-Performance-of-240-Trillion--?id=222479

What's even more inconsistent is in chapter 315. Bambina who is supposed to be FTL misses the kiss once again when the kings are fused together (that means the kings had to unfuse and dodge this FTL character) and then coco does the mold spore thing afterwards."

So Bambina is FTL for dodging the mold spear yet he isn't fast enough to kiss the slower kings on two occasions; one of which they were fused together and had to separate AND THEN dodge? Let me know what you think on this as well.

Saying Bambina isn't fast enough to kiss them, but is fast enough to dodge the mold spears is a bad arguement.

It favours the plot and it is a ritual dance where you have to kiss eachother, Bambina is playful and wants a kiss and him looking like trying to force it isn't true, (he was just "pushing himself" upon the 4HK to get the kiss), otherwise he would've already done it ages ago. Not to mention, the 4HK did not have any knowledge on the end move of the dance and gave their all with their mastery of enbu combined to prevent themselves from dying and attack bambina with full force who was playing around. I would also like to say that Coco said that Bambina dodged his spears with EASE on 100g mountain. Toriko wasn't aware of Bambina's power untill he saw him fight against Air(fake kaka), which if you go by recent feats he still wasn't 100% serious there, despite him blowing his own tail off which seems shady to me.

I would like to say that Coco is both one of the smartest and one of the most reliable characters in the series, he said his mold spear was similar to mold spores, but he didn't say they were exactly like mold spores or function in the exact same way. Mitsutoshi has always been incredibly accurate with his statements and Coco made the lightspeed statement multiple times, the spear would also always impact the target at the same time in the same panel it was thrown.

I would also like to mention that when the manga is getting translated by viz it needs to be approved by mitsutoshi and his crew himself. I even personally asked the guy who translated this for batoto what it was like and he said if this is what the viz translation wrote then it is definitely true.

ÕàëÚǃÒü½Òü¥ÒüºÕèáÚǃÒüÖÒéïµ»ÆÒü«µºìÒéÆÕø×Úü┐ÒüÖÒéïÒü«Òü»õ©ìÕÅ»Þâ¢.

It is impossible to dodge the poisonous spear which travels at the speed of light

Back