• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Braking

He/Him
yes.

Vs

Is Being piloted by Simon

Iron man is in his "Armors" key
Model 20 armor is used
The Gurren Lagann is in its "Pre Timeskip part 1" Key
Both are 7-B
Speed is equal

IronMan:7 (@BluudyManikin777 ) (@Emirp sumitpo ) (@Epiccheev ) (@Newendigo ) (@Confluctor ) (@The_Impress ) (@Coolboy6 )
Gurren Lagann/Simon:
Incon:

Last edited:
well, according to a new accepted calc, that should be applied soon, Simon in Gurren Lagann is now just 0.6 megatons above baseline. So I guess the match will be a little bit close. I am not very knowledgeable on Iron Man, so I’ll just wait on a supporter to give some points. Simon has Reactive Evolution, Will Empowerment which is somewhat potent, considering Simon’s level of willpower (it’s not as good as Kamina’s in this part, but it’s notable), Low-Mid Regeneration. His Martial Arts ability is Above Average as well, considering that without any beforehand training, he could beat a trained soldier like Viral. I’m just listing abilities that would be very helpful in deciding who would win. So it’s not a vote yet

Edit: Simon can also create forcefields, which can block off attacks 2x more powerful than himself. Sounds weird, but I will explain. Combining, as explained by Kamina, says that it’s the slamming of two spirits together (sort of like 1+1=2). Gurren Lagann had become equal to Enki, which before was overpowering both Gurren and Lagann respectively. Lagann before legitimately combining with Gurren blocked off a beam fired by Enki. Just saying now, Simon does NOT have teleportation or invulnerability, Gurren Lagann’s page is in dire need of revisions

Last edited:
What does the Gurren Lagann run on? Iron Man has alot of electro-null tech so curious if that's relevant.

This armor is actually his shittiest one on this tier, so he only has disabling via sonic attacks, info analysis able to detect unseen threats and the stun beam.

Martial Arts, Stark has received training from Captain America so don't think Simon has a chance there.

Side note it is kinda annoying that OP picked the worst armor he could for the fight, the two armors it's between (with minimal AP difference) are both major armors with tons of P&A listed

So like, by verse equalization do EMPs or Electric Absorption work orrrr?
I don’t think so. Gurren Lagann’s power source is literally just energy. Think of it this way, if Simon just died, Gurren Lagann would just shut off. There’s also this moment in episode 2, where Kamina first tries to pilot Gurren, but he can’t because the system didn’t allow him to move it. Then he proceeds to use “fighting spirit” and suddenly he can use it. Idk if that’s resistance to hacking, it might not be. But if Gurren Lagann ever goes like that again, Simon would just “you work for me now” the thing

Side note it is kinda annoying that OP picked the worst armor he could for the fight, the two armors it's between (with minimal AP difference) are both major armors with tons of P&A listed
then should i change it to the other one?

So Simon at first would get overpowered, because of skill difference, but at the same time Simon would keep evolving, to the point where the speed and AP difference would slowly make skill insignificant. I feel like there are still good points for Iron Man to be made, but im leaning towards Simon a bit more

So Simon at first would get overpowered, because of skill difference, but at the same time Simon would keep evolving, to the point where the speed and AP difference would slowly make skill insignificant. I feel like there are still good points for Iron Man to be made, but im leaning towards Simon a bit more
Ok so for clarification, how does the Evolution shit work

Low 7-B+, 5.6 tons, but Iron Man can like, empower himself up to 5-A so essentially there isn't an AP gap then.

So can you give me a timeframe for when it begins to reach like, Oneshot levels
For Part 1 Simon, it takes quite some time for that to happen, so it doesn’t just happen in a couple of minutes. If it was Kamina instead of Part 1 Simon, Gurren Lagann would stand a better chance, since Kamina in part 1 can increase his power to such heights in small timeframes, while Part 1 Simon can’t do that. Kamina with Awakened Power has boosted his power from 7-B to 7-A in episode 8. 7-A coming from Adiane (one of the four generals), who Thymilph (another one of the four generals) should be comparable to

Gurren can run on electricity/fuel or whatever beastman used to power their gunmen, Lagann on the other hand i'm pretty sure has only been shown to run 100% on spiral energy, wich is why it needs the core drill.

About Emps working on Gurren Lagann i'd say no. When Lagann is shown overtaking other mechas he expands some tendrils through them and uses them to circulate his spiral energy to empower them, wich causes a massive increase in power and physical changes to their structures.

Also, there's an episode where Simon gets depressed and fights with gurren lagann and it causes it to throw up it's spiral energy, and it seems more like a plasma type energy than anything electric.

If Model 20 is still being used, I’m voting Simon via this reason

I think Model 20's sonics should reasonably scale to Model 16, whose sonics were effective enough to incapacitate Fin Fang Foom (hence range argument doesn't really work), same with Energy Absorption which seems to be moreso generic energy rather than electrical, and seems to give him renewable Stamina and strength

So essentially I think Iron Man should reasonably incap before Simon stat amps beyond range, Stark's tactics are VERY responsive to his opponents and he WILL 100% go for the easy KO wherever he can.

Sonics, they're able to disorient the opponents to the point they can't even stand, and this was for like, basic sonics, Iron Man has another level for them.

Shouldn't it be higher? Because it should kinda upscale from model 17, which should be 7-B from upscaling model 16, even tho model 17 doesn't have a profile
No.
I feel like Simon would be able to Supernatural Willpower + Reactive Evolution through that
I don't think we consider "Willpower pushing through biological disabling" yet.

Reactive Evolution, you're presuming like, Iron Man stands there. Gap isn't that big, if it's a minute of disabling then that's HUGE in terms of fights.
How is it used
He can force energy weapons to short out it seems like

Makluan rings run on some unspecified energy source Stark shouldn't have been able to hyperspecialize against, since he never possessed the rings.

Guessing this works on Spiral energy too?

Apparently that's not a stomp by our standards :v

If a character has wincons and he just won't open with them, then it's no longer a stomp

Back