• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Iron Man needs a buff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now, it only lists Model 8, 45, and Prime. And while I'm not contesting the High 6-A scaling for Model 8 or 45, he has a bunch of other armors before Prime that should scale above that. Extremis, Bleeding Edge, and Endo-Sym just to name a few.

Extremis:

Bleeding Edge:

Here is a respect thread that lists all of his best feats, of which several are easily Planetary.

In general, that entire Respect Thread I linked has a ton of feats that should scale him to 5-A. It just seems weird to have the Model 45 be the only modern armor, aside from Model Prime, mentioned on his profile. It makes it seem that Iron Man is weaker than he actually is. There are way too many feats that support him being 5-A for it to considered outliers. I think his key should be revised to "Pre-Extremis | Extremis | Model 45 | Bleeding Edge | Endo-Sym | Model Prime | Current". To be honest, I haven't read any recent Iron Man or Avengers comics so I don't know what he scales to, but anything before that should be easily 5-A. Even if you want to lowball these suits (Maybe I am biased a little because Iron Man is one of my favorite characters), he should at a bare minimum downscale to 5-B. In conclusion, comics Iron Man is in desperate need of a promotion to Planetary outside of Model Prime..

Last edited:
We are (Well, actually only me) currently working on splitting his keys into different profiles for different armors.

I will consider some of the stuff you have brought here once that revision begins, but until then is better not add anything.

Last edited:
We are (Well, actually only me) currently working on splitting his keys into different profiles for different.

I will consider some of the stuff you have brought here once that revision begins, but until then is better not add anything.
Okay, thank you. It is nice to know that I'm not the only one who thought this. By different profiles, do you mean that each major suit will have it's own page?

Yeah, if the armor is relevant, special etc enough to have a profile, it will have one.

This obviously means that not all armors are going to be made (At least I'm not planning to), and that means most modern armors are going to be dismissed, since they don't provide much difference or importancy than previous ones.

Which ones are you planning giving their own dedicated profiles? Like, would the Bleeding Edge or Extremis armors be considered Profile-Worthy, or is that more for specialized suits like Thorbuster, Hulkbuster, Godkiller mk2, etc?

All the ones you mentioned are profile-worthy.

The ones that wouldn't be exactly necessary are one-offs, like the armors in Dan Slott Iron Man.

Why are you giving armors like Extremis and Bleeding Edge their own pages though? They were his base armor for a while, so wouldnt it just be easier to keep them on the primary Iron Man page?

Why are you giving armors like Extremis and Bleeding Edge their own pages though? They were his base armor for a while, so wouldnt it just be easier to keep them on the primary Iron Man page?
Is because like other armors, is better to separate them to not cramble all the powers, abilities and techniques, because several of which are exclusive of specific armors.

The way the profile is structured, making it seem that all new models are automatically stronger and have all the abilities of previous ones, is also a reason for the splitting.

The main profile would either become Tony's profile, as character with his own powers and feats, or the Model 51 armor, which canonically is all the previous models together (Sorta)

I guess that makes sense, I just think it would be easier and simpler to have the main suits on the main page, and the unique specialized suits on separate ones. But that is still far better than what he currently has.

We are (Well, actually only me) currently working on splitting his keys into different profiles for different.

So should I close this thread in the meantime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back