• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Irenic's MFTL+ Feat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren_Valion

VS Battles
Retired
Why isn't this feat considered an outlier?

Are there any other feats done by the main characters that come anywhere close to this speed?

Only other feat I can think of that is FTL is when Queen Sheba punched Jubileus throughout the Solar System in like 10 seconds at the end of the first game, but that feat isn't close to being as fast as Irenics, and it belongs to the top dogs in the Bayonetta-verse, not fodder angels.

Can someone enlighten me?

Because there are different spheres of angels in the Hierarchy of Laguna, Irenic being among the 3rd sphere, which is the weakest, and each subsequent level being much higher than the rest.

Unite My Rice said:
Because there are different spheres of angels in the Hierarchy of Laguna, Irenic being among the 3rd sphere, which is the weakest, and each subsequent level being much higher than the rest.
But where are the feats that consistently put these characters on Irenic level of speed?

I know how the spheres work and how the scaling works, and that Irenic is fodder, but I'm saying that the feat used for scaling is an outlier.

Bayonetta couldn't even run a few yards on the side of a building to save Jeanne from having her soul sucked into Inferno.

This one feat is just some text in a character menu, and I'm saying that there aren't enough consistent feats to place these characters at these levels?

The only other FTL feat I can think of is Queen Sheba punching Jubileus across the solar system in seconds, which isn't close to the their current speed scaling from Irenic, and is the God tiers of the verse.

Like I said, please enlighten me.

Are there other MFTL+ feats that I forget or something, or is it this one feat? If it's the one feat, then this is definitely an outlier.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
One high-end feat =/= outlier...
An feat that is quadrillions times than light against no other feats (that I've been shown) that are even light speed makes this an enormous outlier.

WHERE are the feats that CONSISTENTLY put them on this range of speed?

Why is no one answer the question with proof?

Have you read through all the comments and threads on this. We've been over this before...

And once again, on high end feat =/= outlier automatically.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Have you read through all the comments and threads on this. We've been over this before...
And once again, on high end feat =/= outlier automatically.
Yes.

And I never saw a proper answer.

All I saw was Gargoyle saying it's a "MFTL+ feat in a verse with MFTL+ feats".

I"m asking where are and what are those MFTL+ feats?

This is a question that I'd want answered, and no one gives an answer to.

This would be an outlier if there are no other feats that are close to Irenics's feat.

Post-Crisis Superman has some outlier Universal feats, does that make the feat a "high-end" when the difference is so enormous? No, it doesn't, and it's the same for speed in the Bayonetta verse.

The only feat is Queen Sheba punching Jubileus through the solar system in seconds, and that feat is done by the strongest beings in the verse, and isn't even close to Irenic's speed.

WHAT ARE THE FEATS THAT MAKE THIS CONSISTENT ENOUGH TO NOT BE AN OUTLIER?

First off, calm down. We can read. We do not need all caps.

Show me a feat that blatantly contradicts this. Besides "they don't seem to go this fast normally". We have characters who go from Relativistic+ to Infinite/Immeasurable in mere seconds. This is nothing.

It would be an outlier if the character in question, or a stronger one, is portrayed at their peak at a level where it's noticeable.

Roshi destroying the moon, yet King Piccolo's strongest attack is nowhere close. Or Kirby beating Magolor, yet nearly gets himself killed against Sectonia.

Chill up, dude. Stop screaming and using bolds + all caps.

Irenic's whole purpose is that it is the Angels' main mean of transportation to traverse Paradiso, which is a Universe. Also Jubileus has a MFTL feat.

I am more suspect on "Star level because x demon controls the sun", which is vague as hell.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Show me a feat that blatantly contradicts this. Besides "they don't seem to go this fast normally". We have characters who go from Relativistic+ to Infinite/Immeasurable in mere seconds. This is nothing.
Bayonetta should be Subsonic because she uses guns which are faster than her.

It is super vague. Like, what does "controlling the sun" entails? Can she create / destroy the sun, warp it, use all its energy. Or is the sun just her domain, or what? The fact that it also bumps 75% of the Verse to Star level when he have higher ranking angels being stated to be Country busters as impressive also makes me super iffy.

Controlling could not mean that she can create/destroy it and being much superior to those that have casual 5-B feats does not make you 4-C.

I already explained. Controlling something is not the same thing as destroy/creating something, also i agree with Matthew that is vague.

Controlling the sun... that means she can move it or...?

How exactly she controls the sun?, does she can move it?, does she fuel its energy?, does she control the solar rays and etc?.

Plus I brought this up a while ago but was shot down but considering time is also mentioned in the description and Madara Khepri is called the protecter of Time it's also possible it's done though time manipulation

You guys are honestly just overthinking something so simple. She controls the sun, thats it. She doesnt control solar rays, she doesnt fuel the sun. She controls the sun, simple.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
1. Look at first five responses to my question.

They didn't even attempt to answer it, even after I repeated myself over and over again, so what else was I to do to get my desired response. As Einstein said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

2. Every other time these characters move?

That's the whole point of my questioning the legitimacy of this feat.

Is Iceman 1-A because he beat Oblivion? Is Batman 2-A because he kicked Spectre?

Like I mentioned earlier, Bayonetta couldn't move like 30 feet from Jeanne as her soul was being dragged to Inferno, and this is her best friend, she has no reason to limit herself. And if you say this is PIS and an outlier, then why can't Irenic's feat from his character menu not be considered PIS and an outlier?

Link: https://youtu.be/HicKan4cmvA?t=1m44s

Oh and every other speed feat in the game is like Bayonetta dodging bullets from point-blank range, anything that might be faster is done because she slows down time with Witch Time not her increasing her actual speed.

Nothing comes close expect Jubileus's feat, but that is done by top tiers of the verse, not the fodder, not to mention the insane difference in the actual speed of the feats.

@Warren

2. Yes, that is PIS. Its very common to scale god tiers of a verse to weaker characters if the weaker characters have better feats, we do it all the time here.

3. Yes, bullets capable of tagging MFTL+ characters. And as I said before, if a weaker character has a better feat, we scale the God tiers to it, we don't just throw out the feat entirely for no reason.

@Warren

You're appealing to absurdity now.

Those examples are extremely different from Irenic's feat.

Batman consistently fights street level opponents and needs special equipment to take on superpowered foes.

On the other hand, Irenic is fodder in the Bayonetta verse due to belonging to one of the lowest rungs of Paradiso. To say that someone who is vastly superior to it in every concievable way would be slower than it is ludicrous, especially since Bayonetta took down Jublieus, who is the single strongest angel in Paradiso, and can match Father Rodin.

These feats are corroborated by Jublieus' ability to cross the solar system in seconds should Bayonetta and Sheba fail the climax.

You're getting heated over absolutely nothing.

Gargoyle One said:
2. Except for when Jubileus pulls an MFTL to MFTL+ feat at the end of the game?
I've mentioned that feat like a hundred times in this thread, including the very end my most recent comment.

As I said, Jubileus is not Irenic, she's top shit in Bayonetta, Irenric's fodder, and Irenric's feat blows hers out of the water a million times over, and such an incredible feat is never seen or replicated in a consistent manner by the fodder ever again.

And now that I'm thinking about it, even if Irenic was MFTL+, how do we know to assume that he was moving at those speeds when facing Bayonetta on Route 666?

If he was so fast, wouldn't he just circle the globe like a zillion times per second? How could he (or it?) even be on a road for such a long amount of time?

You should probably read the comments below mine \_(-_-)_/

Because they are reacting to her, because even without this feat, she has multiple MHS+ feats and Irenic still keeps up with her, assuming it's moving at normal speed is inane.

Can't wait for this to be closed because it goes against what staff say.

It doesn't make a lot of sense for a fodder to pull out a MFTL+ (10'S of trillions of times faster, I believe) feat whilst top tiers have the highest showings of FTL+.

Gargoyle One said:
You should probably read the comments below mine \_(-_-)_/
Because they are reacting to her, because even without this feat, she has multiple MHS+ feats and Irenic still keeps up with her, assuming it's moving at normal speed is inane.
1. I was writing my comment for quite a long time (I usually do) so I didn't see those comments until I refreshed the page.

2. And this is exactly my point, you said yourself that she has consistent MHS+ feats, not consistent MFTL+ feats.

If you look at that level, Irenic and Bayonetta were comparable to normal, everyday cars on that route. That these cars can still move during this movement proof that weren't traveling anywhere close to Lightspeed, let alone the MFTL+ speeds there scaled to.

Link: https://youtu.be/-cxesLLfolo?t=2m16s

@Reppuza

My argument is hinged on the fact that the entire speed scaling for this universe is based on a fodder character menu description, and the only time said character is shown, he isn't moving anywhere close to said speed, and that there aren't other feats putting such fodder characters at such incredible speeds.

And Jubileus's feat is different because she is in a completely different league, her feat is actually shown to us visually in game and it isn't contradicted because we never see her move, she's top shit in Bayonetta with a legit feat.

@WeeklyBattles

The only reason you believe that those bullets tag MFTL+ characters is because of Irenic's speed calc which is unfounded for reasons I've stated above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back