• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Instant Death Revision

Hello everyone, recently I've seen a lot of downgrades for Instant Death verse here, so I'm going to debunk it, specifically for this thread. So, the premise of the thread uses and conforms to the WoG or QnA, which states that Mitsuki's Dream is localized and doesn't impact the entire "world". However, there is another point to that statement, which I'll explain in this thread.

Here is Fujikata's statement, he reminds us to look in more detail in the latest volume :

詳しくは最終巻で!
ミツキの夢は局所的なものですので、全体には影響を及ぼしません。
More details in the latest volume!
Mitsuki's Dream is localized and doesn't impact the entire world.

And this TS's argument :

Because Mitsuki's dream cannot affect the Ultimate Ensemble, but it does affect Celestial foundation.

That's a misunderstanding, he didn't even mention volume 15 to understand the context as Fujikata said, and claimed Mitsuki's Dream does only affecting Celestial foundation for no obvious reason.

While Fujikata refers to volume 15 in his statement, so, it's necessary at all; In Vol 15, the Ultimate God told us about the World, World means everything, the Ultimate Collection of all Ultimate Ensemble Worlds, parallel worlds, dimensions etc. Which means, the localized sentence implies Mitsuki's dream encompasses only one Ultimate Ensemble World, as the two statements are corresponded.

"Do you want to know? Well, it might be better for me to explain than for you to gather fragmentary information and interpret it on your own. The current individual is named Takatou Yogiri. It's a rather vulnerable life form inhabiting a certain planet in a certain universe of a certain world. I say 'current' because it could be an entirely different individual depending on the era and location. So, it's invincible in every sense. Vulnerable life form, you say? That's right. However, nothing can be done against it. It eliminates anything that threatens the state of Takatou Yogiri, trying to maintain that, from the 'world.' Oh, by 'world,' I mean the Ultimate Collection of the worlds, including all conceivable worlds. I know, saying just 'world' can lead to discussions about the outside of that world, different dimensions, parallel worlds, and so on. So I don’t mess around when I say 'world,' I mean it encompasses everything. I hope you understand it that way." —Volume 15

In addition to Fujikata linking his statement to vol 15, there is plenty of evidence proving that Mitsuki's dream encompassing one Ultimate Ensemble World. Such as :

• Kyuuzaburou's sword can cut through the entire Ultimate Ensemble World, but Mitsuki can withstand it because the Ultimate Ensemble World is part of his dream. Even all the worlds that Kyuuzaburou has explored are nothing more than part of Mitsuki's dream.
"It's a sword, right? It's not necessarily sharper than other swords, but it's a weapon that's highly valued in this world," Mitsuki said. "Yeah, but this one is guaranteed to be sharp. It's never failed to cut anything before. Though it's so good that it sometimes cuts things I don't want it to," Koryu replied. "I see. So you think I can cut with it too?" "Mitsuki-sama! What he's saying is true! That is one of the 'exceptions' in the Ultimate Ensemble!" A woman standing next to the Great Sage turned pale. "So I'm also one of those 'exceptions'?" "But..." "Are you scared? If you avoid it, you'll lose, won't you?" Avoiding it wouldn't mean much. Eventually, the world would be torn apart and collapse. However, Kyuuzaburou wanted to see the Great Sage's shock when his sword cut through the world. That's why he made a clumsy provocation. "All right, let's do it," the Great Sage answered innocently and cheerfully. If he avoided it now, he might become paranoid about humans. Kyuuzaburou held his sword in his right hand and casually swung it sideways. He took a big step forward and swung from right to left.
"What the hell... what's happening?" Kyuuzaburou said in disbelief.
"It's simple. This world is just a dream that I'm seeing. You and that sword are just things I imagined in my dream. So, even if it looks like the world is being torn apart on the surface, it can't be broken. Because it's strange for you, who are just characters in my dream world, to be able to destroy it," the Great Sage explained. "That's ridiculous. Do you have any idea how many worlds I've travelled through? It's not just a million, it's almost reaching a billion. Are you saying they're all just dreams? Is that even possible?" Kyuuzaburou retorted.
Could he just accept that he was a fleeting existence? It was impossible. If he believed that, everything would be shaken. His identity would be completely destroyed. He couldn't believe it, no matter what.
"R-Right! You mentioned an 'exception' earlier! If that's the case, then the power of the sword should work in any world! The fact that it can work in various worlds with different laws is what makes it an 'exception'!" Kyuuzaburou exclaimed.
"True. But even if your understanding is correct, it doesn't prove that you're not just a part of my dream," the Great Sage replied.
In the end, it was a fact that no matter what Kyuuzaburo said or did, attacks could not affect the Great Sage. If he wanted to prove that his understanding was correct, he would have to resort to using force..
  • UEG and the half-world she has destroyed are implied to be the part of Mitsuki's Dream, also, i think, Touichirou came back to reality tho.
“On top of that, we were killing people all over the world,” Haruto explained. “Though we personally didn’t accomplish much, Zakuro wiped out most major cities. In short, the world was basically doomed.” Using her subordinates,the UEG had made quite a bit of progress in wiping out all lifs in theworld. “Huh? So does that mean the Great Sage savedthe world?!” Tomochika asked. “If the Great Sage is responsible for this, then yes, Sion answered. “I am not familiar with my grandfather’s exact powers, but according to the rumors, this world is effectively a dream that he isseeing.”
them changed, showing the state of the entire world rather than just Belm. “Half the population is dead. I never expected she’d do something like this. I figured a lot of people would get killed when she tried to take revenge on me or the goddesses, but I didn’t expect a massacre like this...” “Even if it’s only half the population, all the major cities have been destroyed, so the world is basically over, right?” Van said. “And that beam of light she fired went right through the core of the planet, so the whole thing will probably fall apart soon.” “So gathering the survivors together and trying to rebuild civilization is no good, then?” “No, recovering from this is probably impossible. We’ll have to reset. Hmm. I don’t want to go too far back. How about here?” Van had no idea what Mitsuki had done, but since he flopped back down on the grass, he must have already been finished. “Huh? You’re just resetting it without warning?” “No time like the present, right? I’ll leave the rest to you.” “You’re not that serious about this, are you, gramps? Fine, I’ll do better this time.” After saying that, Van lay down on the grass beside his grandfather and closed his eyes.
All of that feats explain the world are nothing than a part of Mitsuki's imagination, he can do everything what he wanted to, all of the world are meaningless for him. Also, for Qualitative Transcendence, it is noted that within Mitsuki Page his Ontology are more real or likes a real player that sees the Ultimate Ensemble World as mere games or non-real/Illusion/fiction.

The entire Celestial Foundation is just a dream of Mitsuki, and a dream he can control at will, such as being able to rewind all of its events as if they never happened. This relationship extends all the way to UEG, as everything she did was also reverted, implying that she is also bound to his dreamworld. Mitsuki is one of the exceptions of the Ultimate Ensemble World, with his power being able to work across all worlds of the Ensemble. Even Kyuuzaburou's sword, which is also exception of the Ultimate Ensemble World that is able to cut even Supreme Gods, is still nothing more than part of Mitsuki's imagination. His nature was analogously compared to that of between a real player and a game.

In the novel.

"I never thought the world would end up like this!" "Even though you lost, you seem quite relaxed." "After all, it's just a dream. It's like a game that you can redo anytime. When a player character dies in a game, you wouldn't get worked up about it, would you?" "Bwahaha... Ahahahaha!" Kouryu suddenly burst into laughter. He couldn't hold it in and laughed loudly. "A game! It's like a game, right! Yes, yes!" "What's so funny? I'm not dead, you know?" It was obvious. Since Mitsuki was thinking like this, there was no way he was dead. "You're right, you're not dead. This time, Takatou Yogiri didn't kill you. That's why he released all of his power.

Furthermore, If Mitsuki dies the world will be disappear, thought it's truth or not, other feats already prove my argument.

“Hmm.Comingfromyou,ofallpeople,thatisprettypersuasive.Butthat
doesn’tchangethatthisismyworld.There’snowayacharacterinmydream cankillme.Evenifhecould,thatwouldjustmeantheworldwasdestroyed, right?”
TheGreatSage’swordsmadeYogirirealizesomething.Ifthisworldwas
actuallyadreamtheGreatSagewashaving,whatwouldhappentoitifYogiri usedhispowertokillhim?Normally,onewouldexpectthewholethingto disappear,whichmeantYogiriwouldbekilledtoo.Thatwouldbeentirely pointless.
“Please!”
“Stopgettingintheway,”theGreatSagereplied,makingAlexiagostiff.
WhateverAlexiahadbeentryingtodo,theGreatSagehadstoppedher.Itwas liketimehadfrozenforheralone.“Sorry.Thingshavestartedlookingpretty sloppy,haven’tthey?”
“It’sfine,”Yogirireplied.“This’llbeoverprettyfastanyway.”
WhatwouldhappenifhekilledtheGreatSage?Howmuchofanimpact
wouldthathaveontheworld?Yogiribelievedhewastellingthetruth,and
killingtheGreatSagewouldleadtotheworldbeingdestroyed.Sohereleased thesealonhispowers.Heopenedthesecondgate,andbeyonditthethirdgate, unleashingthefullextentofhisownabilities.Therewasnownothinglimiting him,returninghimtohisnaturalstate.
KillingtheGreatSagewoulddestroytheworld.IfMitsukiandthisworld
weresocloselylinked,evenYogiri’ssecondlevelwouldn’tbeenoughtodeal withhim.
“ThistimeI’mattackingforreal,okay?”TheGreatSagethrewtheballof
lightlikehewasplayingagameofcatch.
Yogiriactivatedhispower.

The conclusion is, Mitsuki and Yogiri will be back 1-A with Qualitative Transcendence, and then Ultimate God will be 1-A too since he is the strongest in every possible world.

Hello everyone, recently I've seen a lot of downgrades for Instant Death verse here, so I'm going to debunk it, specifically for this thread. So, the premise of the thread uses and conforms to the WoG or QnA, which states that Mitsuki's Dream is localized and doesn't impact the entire "world". However, there is another point to that statement, which I'll explain in this thread.
Honestly, the only thing I'll agree with is that the downgrade thread was pretty bad. No offense to the OP, but if he just had wait for me to upload mine, there wouldn't have been a reason for you to come in the first place.
That's a misunderstanding, he didn't even mention volume 15 to understand the context as Fujikata said, and claimed Mitsuki's Dream does only affecting Celestial foundation for no obvious reason
The QnA was before volume 14 release. It was a "special" QnA to celebrate the release of the "final" volume of the series. There was no plan to make volume 15 at that time.
While Fujikata refers to volume 15 in his statement, so, it's necessary at all; In Vol 15, the Ultimate God told us about the World, World means everything, the Ultimate Collection of all Ultimate Ensemble Worlds, parallel worlds, dimensions etc. Which means, the localized sentence implies Mitsuki's dream encompasses only one Ultimate Ensemble World, as the two statements are corresponded.
It encompasses Mitsuki's dream, since he only dreams of a single celestial foundation.
Kyuuzaburou's sword can cut through the entire Ultimate Ensemble World, but Mitsuki can withstand it because the Ultimate Ensemble World is part of his dream. Even all the worlds that Kyuuzaburou has explored are nothing more than part of Mitsuki's dream.
Why are you cutting the important part out? Kyuuzaburou is nothing more than a creation of Mitsuki, same with his sword.
UEG and the half-world she has destroyed are implied to be the part of Mitsuki's Dream, also, i think, Touichirou came back to reality tho.
Yeah, the Celestial Foundation is part of Mitsuki's dream, Touichirou came back to life because he was "inside the world at the time of the reset". To explain briefly, if he was there yesterday, but dead today inside another universe, Mitsuki rewinding time to yesterday would bring him back.
All of that feats explain the world are nothing than a part of Mitsuki's imagination, he can do everything what he wanted to, all of the world are meaningless for him. Also, for Qualitative Transcendence, it is noted that within Mitsuki Page his Ontology are more real or likes a real player that sees the Ultimate Ensemble World as mere games or non-real/Illusion/fiction.
Just an analogy, nothing important here.
Furthermore, If Mitsuki dies the world will be disappear, thought it's truth or not, other feats already prove my argument.
Useless since it's just a single celestial foundation.

Now that I've taken the time to answer each of your point, let me expand my own points.

Mitsuki's doesn't "dream" of the whole cosmology, since he had to take control over the Celestial Foundation by fighting the current gods.
This world was once ruled by twelve gods, of which Kouryu was one. Their control of the world had been firm, but one day, Malnarilna had suddenly appeared. With the help of the Great Sage, they were far too strong for Kouryu’s side to handle. Kouryu had himself fought until the bitter end, when Rilna sealed his powers and threw him out into the world. The half-baked seal had effectively been an insult. They had only sealed his powers, leaving him free to wander so they could laugh at him for being helpless.

And funnily enough, this is, again, stated in Volume 14 :
Mitsuki turned around at the sound of a person’s voice. Standing within the darkness was a young man. He seemed a little familiar. He was one of the gods that had ruled over this world before Mitsuki had arrived and turned it into his own dream.

So yeah, he doesn't even R>F one Celestial Foundation, he just sees one as a dream without giving qualitative superiority.

Last edited:
The QnA was before volume 14 release. It was a "special" QnA to celebrate the release of the "final" volume of the series. There was no plan to make volume 15 at that time.
Well, even so, it will be a death stated of an author. But i don't think Fujikata would say that without any furthercontext tbh.

Why are you cutting the important part out? Kyuuzaburou is nothing more than a creation of Mitsuki, same with his sword
What are you talking about? There is no doubt Mitsuki could withstand Kyuuzaburou's Sword cut just because the world are the part of his dream. The narration already stated it too.

Yeah, the Celestial Foundation is part of Mitsuki's dream, Touichirou came back to life because he was "inside the world at the time of the reset". To explain briefly, if he was there yesterday, but dead today inside another universe, Mitsuki rewinding time to yesterday would bring him back.
No, if so, then will create another version of Touichirou that doesn't remember about his battle with UEG. Fujikata statement implying wherever the individual existed if he's the part of the world, he would simply effected by the reset.
No matter where they died, those who existed in that world at the time of the reset have been resurrected. I wonder if he knew of such a being as Takatou Yogiri, but I suspect he was not particularly interested in it.

It's very important, since the analogy are referring to an Ontologically Respectable. If Mitsuki's die, he won't die at all because it's just a dream or a game that he playing around.

Ain't no, if only one world disappear, Yogiri wouldn't care about it.

Also, because of his dream, because he's nigh-omnipotence,
he became the strongest, right. If you say his dream scales only a single celestial foundation, it's nothing more than a Headcanon.

Yeah, if you are more superior than a world, you still can't do anything you wanted too. It's a narrative that describes Mitsuki are really viewing the world as mere dream or Illusion that he playing around, and, since he is omnipotent, he being able to turns everything became his dream.

I align with SweetDao. The fact that Mitsuki comes and takes control of the world without having used any mechanism to become "real" indicates here a quantitative superiority and not a qualitative superiority.
It is a qualitative superiority tho. Infact, Mitsuki could do that because his Ontology are more superior than the world in the first place, as the narration stated too.

Well, even so, it will be a death stated of an author. But i don't think Fujikata would say that without any furthercontext tbh.
So because it doesn't align with your thinking, you dismiss it?
What are you talking about? There is no doubt Mitsuki could withstand Kyuuzaburou's Sword cut just because the world are the part of his dream. The narration already stated it too.
Kyuuzaburou, his sword and his "experiences" of being inside other worlds were false. It was fabricated by Mitsuki. The sword itself would be weaker than Mitsuki.
No, if so, then will create another version of Touichirou that doesn't remember about his battle with UEG. Fujikata statement implying wherever the individual existed if he's the part of the world, he would simply effected by the reset.
I mean, we never see Touichirou again. We can assume he remembers the fight as a dream, just like the other people who "dies" during UEG rampage.
It's very important, since the analogy are referring to an Ontologically Respectable. If Mitsuki's die, he won't die at all because it's just a dream or a game that he playing around.
It isn't. That's just the way Mitsuki refers to himself. If I could modify a world as I please, I could also use the analogy of "I'm like a player and the world is a game to me", it doesn't mean I'm suddenly transcending it. I could very well be at the same level as the structure itself, which is the case with Mitsuki.
Ain't no, if only one world disappear, Yogiri wouldn't care about it.
Proof? He didn't kill Mitsuki directly because killing him would imply killing the current world they are in, aka, the celestial foundation. Everything he had done to bring back Tomochika to their homeworld would've been for nothing.
Also, because of his dream, because he's nigh-omnipotence,
he became the strongest, right. If you say his dream scales only a single celestial foundation, it's nothing more than a Headcanon.
"Nothing more than headcanon"

Also, the novel :
Mitsuki turned around at the sound of a person’s voice. Standing within the darkness was a young man. He seemed a little familiar. He was one of the gods that had ruled over this world before Mitsuki had arrived and turned it into his own dream.

Yeah, if you are more superior than a world, you still can't do anything you wanted too. It's a narrative that describes Mitsuki are really viewing the world as mere dream or Illusion that he playing around, and, since he is omnipotent, he being able to turns everything became his dream.
Who said this? Many fictions can bring "omnipotent" people being able to do "anything" they want without being qualitatively superior. You're just trying to make it works when it really doesn't.

The novel contradict your views, the author contradicts your views, the narrative contradicts your views. There is nothing at all that support you besides your own head canons.
It is a qualitative superiority tho. Mitsuki could do that because his Ontology are more superior than the world in the first place, as the narration stated too.
No. He had to fight his way to the world, gain control of it and turning it into his dream.

By the way, Mitsuki got his power from three goddesses that doesn't have ontological superiority. So 1+1+1 non 1-A objects can make someone 1-A? Because, it's an antifeat in the current tiering system.

Here is Fujikata's statement, he reminds us to look in more detail in the latest volume :

And this TS's argument :

That's a misunderstanding, he didn't even mention volume 15 to understand the context as Fujikata said, and claimed Mitsuki's Dream does only affecting Celestial foundation for no obvious reason.

In addition to Fujikata linking his statement to vol 15, there is plenty of evidence proving that Mitsuki's dream encompassing one Ultimate Ensemble World. Such as :

• Kyuuzaburou's sword can cut through the entire Ultimate Ensemble World, but Mitsuki can withstand it because the Ultimate Ensemble World is part of his dream. Even all the worlds that Kyuuzaburou has explored are nothing more than part of Mitsuki's dream.

• UEG and the half-world she has destroyed are implied to be the part of Mitsuki's Dream, also, i think, Touichirou came back to reality tho.

In the novel.

The conclusion is, Mitsuki and Yogiri will be back 1-A with Qualitative Transcendence, and then Ultimate God will be 1-A too since he is the strongest in every possible world.

And this TS's argument :

In the novel.

nope, dissagree fra.

Honestly, the only thing I'll agree with is that the downgrade thread was pretty bad. No offense to the OP, but if he just had wait for me to upload mine, there wouldn't have been a reason for you to come in the first place.

It encompasses Mitsuki's dream, since he only dreams of a single celestial foundation.

Why are you cutting the important part out? Kyuuzaburou is nothing more than a creation of Mitsuki, same with his sword.

Now that I've taken the time to answer each of your point, let me expand my own points.

Mitsuki's doesn't "dream" of the whole cosmology, since he had to take control over the Celestial Foundation by fighting the current gods.

And funnily enough, this is, again, stated in Volume 14 :

So yeah, he doesn't even R>F one Celestial Foundation, he just sees one as a dream without giving qualitative superiority.
For Reality > Fiction, Kooryu uses the analogy that if Ultimate Ensemble is a 'game', then Mitsuki is the 'player'. Isn't this a pretty good reason for that?
"I never thought the world would end up like this!" "Even though you lost, you seem quite relaxed." "After all, it's just a dream. It's like a game that you can redo anytime. When a player character dies in a game, you wouldn't get worked up about it, would you?" "Bwahaha... Ahahahaha!" Kouryu suddenly burst into laughter. He couldn't hold it in and laughed loudly. "A game! It's like a game, right! Yes, yes!" "What's so funny? I'm not dead, you know?" It was obvious. Since Mitsuki was thinking like this, there was no way he was dead. "You're right, you're not dead. This time, Takatou Yogiri didn't kill you. That's why he released all of his power

It is a qualitative superiority tho. Infact, Mitsuki could do that because his Ontology are more superior than the world in the first place, as the narration stated too.
What is presented by the narration is quantitative superiority. Qualitative superiority should be achieved by some means other than using the powers of other Gods.

Back