• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Inorganic Physiology Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tllmbrg

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Okay this's simple addition
We should add a section in the page detailing how the composition of said creature could grant them more resistances, say for example a rock person resists heat

This would mainly apply to elemental creatures I assume, and the section would also give example for some common materials like stone and metal since they're common for inorganic beings

It's a good idea, but some research needs to be done to identify the specifics of each material and which are popular and common enough to be included.

Last edited:
I agree with SamanPatou. Some common examples would be useful.

1. Okay so metal alloys could grant heat resistance due to high melting point (Although they conduct heat better so we'd need to argue over what we consider heat resistance excatly)
  2. Beings made from fire, lava and so on def getheat resistance if they have no feats in regards to that already
  3. Stone, sand and stuff like that should resist electricty manip, same for beings made from plastic and similiar materials
  4. Copper, Mercury and other materials that don't react to common acids get resistance to well acid manip or corrison inducment, special mention should go to anyone made from noble gas who just wouldn't react chemically to anything

This should be a good enough start example wise

What will being made of an unknown matter give in this case I am referring to Kaikine Teitoku who post revival is literally just Dark Matter an matter that didn't exist until his esper ability created it

What will being made of an unknown matter give in this case I am referring to Kaikine Teitoku who post revival is literally just Dark Matter an matter that didn't exist until his esper ability created it
Honestly probs nothing special outside not being ablr to be normally viewed which I hope the fiction in question already mentioned

Honestly probs nothing special outside not being ablr to be normally viewed which I hope the fiction in question already mentioned
Well dark matter can be invisible as it has been used in invincible from by pre revival Kaikine although he doesn't use it like that a lot and he never used it like that in his post revival form in which he is dark matter

Beings made of non-realistic or just unknown materials will not get any resistance unless they demonstrated them in-verse or have been reliably compared to actual materials.

Spirits are just incorporeal, they don't belong in this thread.

What Patou said
This thread is strictly about IRL materials and what stuff can be granted on their baseline properties

Now I think on the page we should like list around 3-5 examples of what it can give but otherwise we can argue here over what each material gives

Also as I mentioned we should probably agree on how we define heat resistance since metals transfer it good but melt at high points while something like plastic is just poor conductor but would melt at relatively lower heat

Don't think talking about what Fire Manip Resistance is would be necessary, since we already judge it off of temperatures. We treat it in Vs Matches and such that someone who only receives, say, minor burns in 3000C heat would get burned in something like a 5000C. Overall I agree.

Thank you for the input. It seems like this has been accepted then.

So um, do I need to write a draft for the section or?
If yes then something like it being in possible uses like this:

"Inorganic Physiology can also grant various resistances depending on one's composition, such as a being made from stone resists electricty manipulation while a being made purely from noble gas is unlikely to be effected by acid manipulation"

So um, do I need to write a draft for the section or?
Preferably at least.
If yes then something like it being in possible uses like this:

"Inorganic Physiology can also grant various resistances depending on one's composition, such as a being made from stone resists electricty manipulation while a being made purely from noble gas is unlikely to be effected by acid manipulation"
That seems largely fine to me.

Preferably at least.

That seems largely fine to me.
Well can you apply it to the page?
Also in terms of applying it to exist pages I assume you could do it without a CRT but you'd need ciations for why they get it (Basically a source stating the property)

It seems better if I open the inorganic physiology for you to edit according to what has been agreed above. If that is fine with you.

Well, it would be much preferable is you follow the current example list format there.

I just mean that you need to follow the same pattern that is currently used in the possible uses section.

I just mean that you need to follow the same pattern that is currently used in the possible uses section.
So like:
"Resistances: Depending on the composition of the user they can gain unique resistances such as a rock person resisting electricty manipulation or a being made soley from noble gases being uneffected by natural acids"

I mean listing each new type in separate parts of the list as is currently done in this section of the inorganic physiology page. You can check how it is currently done yourself, and follow this pattern.

I mean listing each new type in separate parts of the list as is currently done in this section of the inorganic physiology page. You can check how it is currently done yourself, and follow this pattern.
Types what?
This's an addition to Possible Uses tho

Yes. That is what I am saying.

Just follow the same format/pattern as below.

Possible Uses​

• Resistance to Poison: As the users have no organic functions, like living creatures would, common poison is ineffective against them.
  • Resistance to Biological Manipulation: As users of this ability aren't organic beings, they lack all biological functions, and can therefore also not be manipulated in this manner.
  • Resistance to Diseases: As they lack the body functions of living beings, common illnesses would not harm them.
  • Self-Sustenance: Users of the ability usually don't rely on oxygen or nutrients to function.

This seems fine, yes. Thank you.

Should I lock this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back