• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Information about the wiki shutdown.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Hello.

I recently made a request to the Fandom staff about better protecting our wiki from sockpuppets.

As a first step to do so, they intended to change the settings to only allow members who have been autoconfirmed/active for 4 days to perform any edits.

However, due to a bug in the programming, the wiki was accidentally shut down from all edits for almost 4 days, and it took some time for the Fandom staff to respond to each of my emails, due to handling an awful lot of different requests.

My apologies for the inconvenience. Here are the 3 messages that I received, for further information:

Hello,

I've made the necessary configuration change - only autoconfirmed (users who have had an account on Fandom for more than 4 days) users can edit. I would suggest taking a week or two to see if this alleviates the problem and if not we can do more searching.

Hello,

Sorry for this issue - I've looked into the problem and it seems that an older setting your community had interfered with this working properly. I have just flushed the configuration and confirmed it should now work for all autoconfirmed users.

Hello,

I'm sorry for the trouble this is causing. It does appear as though I've discovered a bug with the way our software works. I have pushed a second fix - the sum of the issue is that if I remove the edit permission from the user group AFTER I explicitly give it to the autoconfirmed group it cancels out. It has to be revokation of user right and then addition to autoconfirmed. I've filed a ticket with our engineers to address this issue.

I wondered if something was up, but figured if there was an active issue it was probably being dealt with. Good to hear.

@Omega

Someone suddenly making thirty socks within a short time of each other would popup in our database, and we can investigate thoroughly to see if we should ban all the accounts in short order.

I still can't edit most stuff on the wiki normally anyway. I just thought that it was my accounts getting worse. Anyone know why i can't edit most stuff? (Like my own profile and pages that aren't protected i also can't add myself to a verses supporter page or make a page)

Yay we can edit feels like an eternity. Now i feel like my age became eternity :')

@DanFlsamual21 If you still cannot edit your profile or semi-protected pages, you should probably contact the Fandom staff to ask about the problem.

Thank you for all the hard work @Antvasima and Fandom staff

I still have an issue though. I can edit and every function is working fine. But the website as a whole is very slow. It is only this wikia that is slow for me. Every other wikia I visit is normal.

@Soldier Blue Well, I don't know what the reason for that could be. It seems to work in a normal manner for myself.

@Soldier Blue

Or maybe I am just used to the pages loading slowly?

If you wish, you can ask about the issue here, and then inform me about the reply.

Back