• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Infinity Baseline is Real?

If you multiply infinity/2 = infinite, it's the same, but think of it this way, you'll divide that infinite value. Let me give an example from the number pi. Pi number = 3.141592653589793... it goes on forever If you divide it by 2, it will still be infinite, but as a value. It will be 1.570796326794896. In this case, we can say again 3.14..>1,570..

i think there is a contradiction

Ehm, Pi ain't Infinity, Pi has infinite decimals/digits. Its value is finite though and thus divideable/multiplicable by 2.

Ehm, Pi ain't Infinity, Pi has infinite decimals/digits. Its value is finite though and thus divideable/multiplicable by 2.
It would be more correct to say ("infinite").However, since this difference is often not emphasized enough, it can be said that the decimal places of the number pi are gone forever. This is not just a property specific to the number pi; it applies to all irrational numbers.

The number pi (π\piπ) is a mathematical constant and a continuous number after it starts with 3.14159...
No, i know. Pi has infinite amount of numbers in it, that is correct. But if you divide Pi, you are not dividing its amount of numbers, you are dividing its value. Which is 3.14159265359 etc, not Infinity. Pi amount of things is not infinite apples, its 3 apples and a super fragmented one. And yes this applies to all irrational numbers, in that they all have infinite digits, but a finite value.

Lets move away from pi and use 3,333333333-ad infinitum. Thats not infinite apples, thats 3 apples and 1 exact third of an apple

No, i know. Pi has infinite amount of numbers in it, that is correct. But if you divide Pi, you are not dividing its amount of numbers, you are dividing its value. Which is 3.14159265359 etc, not Infinity. Pi amount of things is not infinite apples, its 3 apples and a super fragmented one. And yes this applies to all irrational numbers, in that they all have infinite digits, but a finite value.

Lets move away from pi and use 3,333333333-ad infinitum. Thats not infinite apples, thats 3 apples and 1 exact third of an apple
the pi number index is a number that extends to infinity, and I have said that science supports this
since infinity is a concept, I take the number of pi to be infinite, because it does not end as a value in mathematics, if there is a logical explanation for this, would you explain it

and the example of the apple you gave is exactly the example of Infinity baseline that I gave, so you support me, I really don't get it

Let me give an example from the number pi. Pi number = 3.141592653589793... it goes on forever If you divide it by 2, it will still be infinite, but as a value. It will be 1.570796326794896. In this case, we can say again 3.14..>1,570..
The decimals go on forever which therefore means there is no last number since its irrational. It is still divisible as a value, but not as a number. You clearly have not watched Star Trek and it shows.

the pi number index is a number that extends to infinity, and I have said that science supports this
since infinity is a concept, I take the number of pi to be infinite, because it does not end as a value in mathematics, if there is a logical explanation for this, would you explain it
What, I'm literally not denying that though? Yes, Pi has infinite amount of digits in it. It is not INFINITE in value. Its value is 3 and a fraction. If you divide Pi, you are not shaving away half of its decimals away, you are halving its VALUE, which is 3 and a fraction.

The value of Infinity is infinity. The value of Pi is 3 and a fraction. The AMOUNT OF DIGITS does not impact the numbers value. Pi's value is finite and thus divideable.

The decimals go on forever which therefore means there is no last number since its irrational, but it is still divisible as a value, but not as a number. You clearly have not watched Star Trek and it shows.
Jibz save meeee, my english is not fluent enough to convey this more accuratly

What, I'm literally not denying that though? Yes, Pi has infinite amount of digits in it. It is not INFINITE in value. Its value is 3 and a fraction. If you divide Pi, you are not shaving away half of its decimals away, you are halving its VALUE, which is 3 and a fraction.

The value of Infinity is infinity. The value of Pi is 3 and a fraction. The AMOUNT OF DIGITS does not impact the numbers value. Pi's value is finite and thus divideable.
all right, I get it, thank you very much

The decimals go on forever which therefore means there is no last number since its irrational. It is still divisible as a value, but not as a number. You clearly have not watched Star Trek and it shows.
i will reply to you after watching i am happy to receive my answer thank you very much

Damn, man' sending me on a quest mathematicians have been sitting on since the dawn of humanity lmfao
so would you confirm if something like this could be true
It takes 0 time inf, etc. Any faster than this can't be inf, it escapes directly to negative number 0.000000000 = 0.0 Anyone exceeding 0 goes directly - in short it cannot be measured

Back