• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Infinite Zamasu downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because Infinite Zamasu became one with the timeline, doesn't mean he can destroy a timeline. Being a timeline only affects durability, not attack potency.

To be honest I use this argument because I'm arguing with this guy who says Goku isn't even Universal. I just wanted to see people debunk the crap out of this. I know Infinite Zamasu is Low 2-C. If he wasn't, then he wouldn't be able to become a timeline in the first place. Becoming a timeline requires the power of destroying a timeline. Feel free to debunk me if I'm wrong yet again. Unless I am wrong yet again, this thread is pointless. I'm going to remove it in 10 minutes.

If Zamasu really did take over an entire timeline in that universe, why would the time machine still work in that specific universe?

All points in time pertaining to that universe would have been taken over completely, instead of said Zamasu steadily leaking out to a different point in time inside said universe.

He became one with the universe, its laws, and even infected the present. How is that not Low 2-C.

You do know that there's numerous characters that are low 2-C for being a sentient timeline right?

Assaltwaffle said:
He became one with the universe, its laws, and even infected the present. How is that not Low 2-C.
Because if he was really Low 2-C, he would not have just covered a specific point in time, but all of time in that universe. This would mean that the present time would already have been taken over in the first place instead of it still being intact.

As for becoming one with the universe and its laws, you are still able to completely take over a universe at that specific period of time and still have full control over said universe's laws at that point in time.

You can observe the laws of a specific universe working in a certain away (laws of physics, science, logic) at a certain point in time, and these laws would still remain mostly the same even if you go back or forwards in time from your current position.

Low 2-C: This is for characters who can destroy and/or create the entire 4-dimensional space-time of one universe, not just the physical matter within one. For example, an entire timeline.

Granted it said timeline but Space-Time Continuums also count.

Zamasu is infact a space-time continuum. Low 2-C requires you to be able to create and destroy an entire space-time continuum.

If you are one, you are basically a space-time continuum and if someone destroys you their low 2-C too.

Omnitraxus Prime is rated as he is because he is also a space-time continuum, much like Zamasu.

TL:DR = Zamasu is a space-time continuum, so he's low 2-C.

So are you arguing he'd essentially have universal+ dura, multi-universal range, an omnipresence while retaining 3-A AP?

I'm somewhat sympathetic to the argument that he should be considered "At least High 3-A, would eventually become 2-C" if you interpret the feat such that he never actually completed merging with the universe's spacetime but this just seems bizarre.

Fully merging with a universe's spacetime functionally makes that character equivalent to said universe and the character's AP should be considered baseline Low 2-C unless there is, at least, something shown that would indicate that this is not the case.

This also seems to be an accepted precedent on the wiki so downgrading Infinite Zamasu on the basis that merging with a spacetime continuum isn't Low 2-C would require downgrading every character considered Low 2-C via that type of feat so if you want to make this case, it'd probably be better in a new thread not specifically tied to him.

The point I was trying to make is that, if Zamasu really did indeed take over an entire space-time continuum, you could try and go back and forth in time using said time machine, and Zamasu's influence would already be there, as Zamasu would have already covered the entire concept of time in that specific space-time continuum.

This would mean that if Goku and the rest did manage to go back to his current point in time, Zamasu's influence would already be there already instead of him slowly creeping to the present time (from the future time).

There are other characters that are rated for what they are as they are "sentient ______s". The aforementioned Omnitraxus Prime is an example of that. The Time Trapper literally has his rating partially due to the fact he's literally a sentient timeline. The point is that he became Future Trunk's timeline. He managed to influence the present as well. There's no reason on why isn't comparable to a timeline.

WeeklyBattles said:
Beoming one with a timeline = Low 2-C
Attack potency =/= durability. Infinite Zamasu being Low 2-C hasn't been proven, although I agree that his durability is without a doubt Low 2-C.

Theglassman12 said:
You do know that there's numerous characters that are low 2-C for being a sentient timeline right?
Yes, but again, it only proves that their durability is Low 2-C, not their attack potency.

How does that only prove their durability?

He is one with the universe and it's laws, he should be able to destroy it at his whim.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
How does that only prove their durability?
He is one with the universe and it's laws, he should be able to destroy it at his whim.
No proof that Infinite Zamasu can destroy a timeline at whim.

Unless the character is a glass cannon or a tank, there is no reason to assume that AP doesn't scale from durability. Also controlling the entire timeline is Low 2-C in and of itself; no scaling is even needed.

Assaltwaffle said:
Unless the character is a glass cannon or a tank, there is no reason to assume that AP doesn't scale from durability. Also controlling the entire timeline is Low 2-C in and of itself; no scaling is even needed.
If Zamasu really did indeed take over the entire timeline, why does the Time Machine still work in that specific universe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back