• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Infinite speed for Archie Sonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

After doing some research about Infinite speed, I think base Archie Sonic should have Infinite speed and other characters that can keep up with him should also have Infinite speed

So here, Sonic run from the edge of the Interstate (The right red circle on the map that Scourge draw) where all the FF are to the reverse side of the Interstate (The left red circle)

And the Cosmic Interstate is Infinite in size due to it connecting every Universe together

Here

And since Sonic travel Infinite distance in finite amount of time, i think this should qualify him to Infinite Speed

Last edited:
Isn't Wily from another multiverse?

Better wait for @ElixirBlue to comment here. I don't think the OP is the best proof though and you better link "the map that Scourge drew".

So traveling Infinite size isn't Infinite Speed or?

I mean you have to traverse the Interstate by yourself to get to the next Universe
for what i know the wiki consider travelling between dimensions as "unknown" or generally not a speed feat (idk why, should be at least Immeansurable)

for what i understood here is similiar case.

for what i know the wiki consider travelling between dimensions as "unknown" or generally not a speed feat (idk why, should be at least Immeansurable)

for what i understood here is similiar case.
Well he's not doing "Dimensional Travel" because the Cosmic Interstate is basically the Cauldron on Blazblue.

The Interstate is like a hall for Sonic to go through the next Universe he's not using an ability, he's literally traveling by foot using the Interstate to go from the edge of the Interstate to the end of the Interstate.

This should qualify for Infinite Speed.

Well he's not doing "Dimensional Travel" because the Cosmic Interstate is basically the Cauldron on Blazblue.

The Interstate is like a hall for Sonic to go through the next Universe he's not using an ability, he's literally traveling by foot using the Interstate to go from the edge of the Interstate to the end of the Interstate.

This should qualify for Infinite Speed.
yes, as i said before, wiki standards for space between dimensions are that travelling (obviosuly with speed) other dimensions dosen't qualify for speed. though it can be infinite if details are specified, don't know if they can get accepted with out standards tho

yes, as i said before, wiki standards for space between dimensions are that travelling (obviosuly with speed) other dimensions dosen't qualify for speed. though it can be infinite if details are specified, don't know if they can get accepted with out standards tho
Well my point is him travelling through a Structure that's Infinite in size

So basically as I see it....
Sonic is visiting infinite amount of universes in finite time....basically infinite work feat...

Thats qualifiable in my opinion at first glance.

But will wait for more arguements and review again.

Distance between 2 universes maybe be unknown but there are infinite such pairs of universes in an infinite multiverse.
Hence the combined length of all unknown distances will end up infinite anyway.

Unknown distance multiplied by infinite is infinite afterall.

Distance between 2 universes maybe be unknown but there are infinite such pairs of universes in an infinite multiverse.
Hence the combined length of all unknown distances will end up infinite anyway.

Unknown distance multiplied by infinite is infinite afterall.
as i said before it depends, you can't calculate the distance based on the number of universes.

that's why i said let's wait for a mod

I mean it is pretty straightforward logic...but okay lets wait for a mod.

Though I am still skeptical whether Sonic qualifies for it. Because Sonic needs to show he did indeed visit infinite universes in finite time or travel entire length of the highway.

From the scans given I don't see strong evidence of a such a feat.

The Interstate is already accepted as a MFTL+ feat, since it's a highway that connects to other universes were Sonic has to travel an actual physical distance, so this whole unknown discussion is pointless.

However I would rather wait for Elixir's opinion if this is infinite, currently neutral right now

The Interstate is already accepted as a MFTL+ feat, since it's a highway that connects to other universes were Sonic has to travel an actual physical distance, so this whole unknown discussion is pointless.

However I would rather wait for Elixir's opinion if this is infinite, currently neutral right now
Can you pass me the link?

I mean it is pretty straightforward logic...but okay lets wait for a mod.

Though I am still skeptical whether Sonic qualifies for it. Because Sonic needs to show he did indeed visit infinite universes in finite time or travel entire length of the highway.

From the scans given I don't see strong evidence of a such a feat.
I mean he does, it's shown on the mini map of the Interstate that Sonic goes from edge to edge of the Interstate

I am not a sonic debater, but isnt it like dimensional travel? doesnt sonic need to enter inside that circle? if the only way that he have to acess the infinites universes is due travelling into that circle/portal, it shouldnt be infinite speed, but if he can do it with his raw speed without needing to make the portal, I think it is fine

I am not a sonic debater, but isnt it like dimensional travel? doesnt sonic need to enter inside that circle? if the only way that he have to acess the infinites universes is due travelling into that circle/portal, it shouldnt be infinite speed, but if he can do it with his raw speed without needing to make the portal, I think it is fine
What qualifies for Dimensional Travel?

What qualifies for Dimensional Travel?
''Dimensional Travel is the ability to move through alternate universes (or "dimensions"), crossing over across different planes of existence to reach other, far-off locations. This is rarely an ability on its own, often being achieved through other means such as Teleportation used to teleport into other universes, and Portal Creation used to open doorways into these universes.''

Thats fine....but the feat is for stuff after that...
Once he steps on the highway then the feat starts...
Basically the highway is infinite in length....and OP is trying to prove that Sonic travels from one edge to another....basically infinite distance in finite time.

This wiki treats them as "Unknown, and details are only for who can travel them" so it can be anything basically.

that's the standards (i think it should be immeansurable tho)
Thats is not the contention....I know that.
I am saying that infinite amount of unknowns is still infinite...

Basically..
unknown distance( d ) × infinite = infinite

Thats is not the contention....I know that.
I am saying that infinite amount of unknowns is still infinite...

Basically..
unknown distance( d ) × infinite = infinite
logically yes, but as i said before that details can be also impossible (that's why it isn't immeansurable speed ig, pretty sus motivation tho)

so let's wait for a mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back