• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty simple. Universe 7 Macrocosm was accepted to be inifinte in size in this thread (for all canons) with the help of this blog

Why does that matters to Buu? This is because Majin Buu was repeatedly stated to be a threat to the entire universe. It's important because a finite speed character wouldn't be able to even cross Universe 7, let alone threaten its entirety even with an infinite amount of time

The manga also repeatedly mentions the word "entire" meaning he'd destroy the entire universe

So Majin Buu, alongside those who scale to or above him (with Majin Vegeta, SSJ2 Goku and likely SSJ2 Cell Games Gohan downscaling. Super Perfect Cell may also downscale but it's a maybe) scale to Infinite speed

Note: That's not saying Buu should be 2-C. 4-B is enough to destroy Universe 7 with Infinite speed

Pretty nice and simple right?

Did Buu moved or just destroy the universe?
Because if it's been a threat to the universe I don't see how that is infinite speed. Infinite Speed is

Able to travel any finite distance in zero time, or move an infinite distance within a finite amount of time.
the ability to perform actions in 0 seconds or being infinitely faster than light. Ability to move in an unlimited Time Stop usually qualifies as well.

Because if it's been a threat to the universe I don't see how that is infinite speed. Infinite Speed is
In context, he's a threat to the universe because he goes around destroying planets, and they fear he's going to end up destroying everything (eventually)

The argument is that, to even be able to do that, he needs infinite speed.

I disagree with making any Dragon Ball character Infinite speed tbph, I am not here to question the legitimacy of the Infinite size statements as that all depends on reliability of the translations. However, I feel like that might actually result in speed downgrades given it would pretty much make the Infinite speed feats prone to outliers. It would make the shockwave feats no longer usable and we'd probably need to either use the next best finite speed feat(s) or just upscale. Whis and Beerus still have a lot of note worthy flight speed feats reaching Massively FTL+. Because honestly, the entire ToP arc is a giant anti-feat against Infinite speed given that they managed to run out the 80 minute timer despite their crazy ass speeds.

I disagree with making any Dragon Ball character Infinite speed tbph, I am not here to question the legitimacy of the Infinite size statements as that all depends on reliability of the translations. However, I feel like that might actually result in speed downgrades given it would pretty much make the Infinite speed feats prone to outliers. It would make the shockwave feats no longer usable and we'd probably need to either use the next best finite speed feat(s) or just upscale. Whis and Beerus still have a lot of note worthy flight speed feats reaching Massively FTL+. Because honestly, the entire ToP arc is a giant anti-feat against Infinite speed given that they managed to run out the 80 minute timer despite their crazy ass speeds.
The DBS manga also has a similar situation with Gas' flight speed, indeed.

Buu didn't do it, but had he not stopped, he was stated to be able to destroy the universe overtime. Without Infinite speed this is strictly impossible even if Buu had an infinite amount of time (which he doesn't). To cross an infinite distance within a finite amount or time you'd need infinite speed

None of what you said even mentions anything I said in this post. It just reads to me as if you just don't like the idea of Infinite speed DB and disagree soley on that

In context, he's a threat to the universe because he goes around destroying planets, and they fear he's going to end up destroying everything (eventually)

The argument is that, to even be able to do that, he needs infinite speed.
In super, its stated that theres only around 28 planets that still hold life iirc, so i disagree

In super, its stated that theres only around 28 planets that still hold life iirc, so i disagree
That is contradicted by Z. Frieza has at least 79 planets, and hundreds more in Resurrection F having riots from the local population, and this is not even talking about planets such as Cereal or Vampa

considering he could detect the presence of and kill every human on earth, its not that farfetched.
Even if you're right, why would the planets necessarily be clustered together? For all we know they could be at opposite sides of the universe or something, so Buu would still have to cross an infinite distance. In fact the only way Buu would not cross an inifinte speed is if the planets are all a finite distance away from each other, which we got no proof for as we don't know these other planets

Last edited:
I agree, I don't know why other people are claiming that it doesn't scale with destruction of the universe, since Ki literally provides speed and destructive power, there is no anti effect that debunks infinite speed, we're not here to deny the obvious.

There are not only 28 planets, but there are countless planets, Zamasu mentions that there are millions of planets, and Moro also says that there are countless planets

These 28 planets suggest rational beings that have intelligence.

That doesn't matter. Because destroy an infinite universe doesn't make you have infinite speed.
I'm neutral on this specific CRT for now but Dragon Ball characters can destroy the infinite-sized universe with their energy, and they're accepted to scale to the speed of their energy

That doesn't matter. Because destroy an infinite universe doesn't make you have infinite speed.
1) Ki scales to physicals in Dragon Ball, 2) I never said Buu would destroy it in one blow, but over time, meaning he'd travel the universe and destroying the planets, stars and solar systems there which over time will destroy the universe, 3) You still didn't read this crt. At this point, just read it

1) Ki scales to physicals in Dragon Ball, 2) I never said Buu would destroy it in one blow, but over time, meaning he'd travel the universe and destroying the planets there which over time will destroy the universe, 3) You still didn't read this crt. At this point, just read it
Uh, its not over time.

'Poof' means sudden disappearance
this is a 2-C statement btw cuz they're in the Kaioshin Realm but that's derailing

For Buu to scale to Infinite speed, he'd need to do the following:

1. Have Ki attacks that can cover the entire universe

2. Fight on par with idiots who can dodge his blasts

Ultimately it wouldn't scale to travel speed because of the speed separation. Which I disagree with, but whatever.

But honestly, this all hinges on outlierdom at this point.

Also what stops Buu from merely teleporting to the planets with life that he needs to destroy for the complete destruction of the Universe to be a thing? It's not like he's destroying the entire macrocosm unlike Beerus and Goku.

Last edited:
Also what stops Buu from merely teleporting to the planets with life that he needs to destroy for the complete destruction of the Universe to be a thing? It's not like he's destroying the entire macrocosm unlike Beerus and Goku.
People not having powerful ki. To teleport Buu would have to lock on ki and sense the other beings to even know where to go. And most other people are pretty weak aside from a select few. It's why Goku needed Gohan's strong ki signature to teleport from Beerus' world rather than just teleporting to a random human or something, and the same applies for the rest

Dbz characters having infinite speed is an absolute No for me tbh

Piccolo mostly talks about life on the universe, you don't need infinite speed to do that
Old Kai said he would make his way to the realm of the Kai, infinite speed doesn't get you there either, only way to the Kaioshin realm is via teleportation/dimensional travel, and we saw Buu punch a hole through the ROSAT, old Kai's fears that Buu could reach them as well aren't far fetched. Buu has only gone beyond the living world either via being brought by bibidi or after learning IT

Let's not forget noth Frieza and cell were also termed universal threats, this usually just means they are a threat to life in the universe

Furthermore this also implies infinite travel speed, which we know is impossible

Disagree with this

The translations are correct, it was @Executor_N0 who checked it, ToP is not an anti-feat, I don't see how fighting in a place where there is no concept of space or time would refute infinite speed, using your logic we can nerf several characters that contain this speed , but it takes a considerable amount of time to finish fights and go to that location.

About energy waves there is no one who can refute this, in the manga there is evidence that the greater the Ki is equal to the greater speed and destructive power, I really don't see any reason for you to disagree here.

Piccolo mostly talks about life on the universe, you don't need infinite speed to do that
Old Kai said he would make his way to the realm of the Kai, infinite speed doesn't get you there either, only way to the Kaioshin realm is via teleportation/dimensional travel, and we saw Buu punch a hole through the ROSAT, old Kai's fears that Buu could reach them as well aren't far fetched. Buu has only gone beyond the living world either via being brought by bibidi or after learning IT
Buu needing teleportation to get to the Kaioshin Realm doesn't disprove him having infinite speed considering its stated you can't get to the separate realms without teleportation
Let's not forget noth Frieza and cell were also termed universal threats, this usually just means they are a threat to life in the universe
The difference is that Buu is outright stated to be able to destroy the universe, unlike Frieza and Cell

Furthermore this also implies infinite travel speed, which we know is impossible
This part is wrong because all the universes teeming with habitable life IIRC were 26-28 if memory serves. Buu only needs to blow those up for all life to perish in the Mortal World. So no, nothing here implies infinite travel speed.

Finite number of planets with life. That much is known.
But are they finite distance apart from each other? Distance is key here. There's no evidence all the planets are in a finite region of the inifinite universe and we have no reason to assume as such

But are they finite distance apart from each other? Distance is key here. There's no evidence all the planets are in a finite region of the inifinite universe and we have no reason to assume as such
It was made in reference to the DB Super era where Bulma's equipment was at its absolute peak that we've seen so far. Kai would've also made a statement about the infinite darkness that lies beyond the observable universe if that was the case.

And considering the number of the planets is finite, it's safe to assume they're a finite distance away from each other in the infinite universe. This is absolutely possible.

This part is wrong because all the universes teeming with habitable life IIRC were 26-28 if memory serves. Buu only needs to blow those up for all life to perish in the Mortal World.
There is way more life in the universe than just that
Screenshot_125.png

When it infinitely spreads, the illumination of the galaxy stretches for tens of thousands of light-years... Hundreds of millions of light-years... In the distant stars that even light cannot reach, there are countless unknown extraterrestrial beings and monsters beyond imagination, breathing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back