• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

InFAMOUS: Possibly massive downgrade

It might not even be high into 7-A since the current calc uses the map for a model of the destruction, when it doesn't even destroy the buildings near the edge of empire city

Hmm

Assuming it was the size of New York City, and they blew it up, that would be nearly baseline 7-A, assuming it was nuclear, which it appears to be

That said it was done basically after The Beast got done waking up, to which he had weeks to power up via being a living RSB

So ugh, yay > spam, I guess

If blast core multipliers were still valid I'd think they'd reach into High 7-A but as of right now they don't

Maybe there's something else in the comics we happened to miss

Rip Good Cole's win streak

Rip the inFamous vs MCU timeline

Rip everything

I think we've basically got all the good feats from inFamous 1/Comics already. Off the top of my head, the only inF2 feats that could be worth calculation would maybe be the Bertrand Ray Sphere feat, Bertrand's KE when nearly reaching helicopter speed, and Cole draining that lighting storm for several seconds.

Before you wipe out Cole's win streak, check first if any of them are heavily focused on AP.

Prob not but maybe we can keep some? (Prob not)

Legit all of his wins relied on the fact that his AP was equal or somewhat close to his opponents, and that his versatility could make up the gap.

@Schnee

I meant Good Cole. Thought, iirc, didn't claim that Evil Cole gets hit at least once, only surviving due to regen?

@DMUA

That bit where Bertrand activates a Ray Sphere in order to get powers. It's created a pretty major crater (at least as big as the one in Empire City) and iirc it was a much cleaner crater with the exception of a few bodies. I'll find it later if so can.

They quite literally overlay it exactly with the empire city explosion so I think it just would get the exact same results

That said though, out of curiosity, does InFAMOUS 1 somehow give a size to the city or should we just assume New York, make that blog and call it there?

I think its best we just assume New York since the city's size is never exactly stated except for the general size of the population.

I could probably make a blog for nuking New York and call it there

That said, Blast Cores are stated to be multipliers, right? I know the Ray Sphere didn't really have any backing behind it but we may have to reconsider when there's no big tier jump. There isn't any contradiction with them being like, what

124.9521714175638×2^5 is 3.9984694853620416 Gigatons? There's the Second Son stuff but I don't think them having a multiplier is particularly contradictory either, just the blast cores work differently for some reason

Also, something I thought about a bit ago: we note on The Beast's profile that he's a living RSB that would constantly power himself up, right? So he'd have powered up with Cole just like Cole was powering up, and Cole doing damage to The Beast at the beginning of the game kinda makes sense

Which doesn't really mean anything now, but eh

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
BUMP

Y'know, even if I'm sad about High 6-C inFamous going under, at least we'll still have Beast Cole to carry the verse
And High 6A Beast.

Also 7A Cole means SOOOOOOOOOOOOO many ideas.

@DMUA

Honestly I think we should have a separate discussion on how to treat Ray Sphere, Blast Core and Core Relay's a power boosts, cause all of them seem to give different power ups. I posted about it in the other discussion thread but didn't really get a chance to go too in depth with it

@Gar

We can finally have proper OPM vs inFamous matches

Not an InFAMOUS fan, but damn. The downgrade is so unfortunate :(

My msg didn't patch through... Anyway in that case (I think I voted for Garou too) it's likely Garou's elec resistance won't help as much maybe

I'm kinda interested in the whole blast core discussion before we make a move

That said I've also been told that killing everyone in Manhattan would only require 10 Megatons so I've been processing that through my existence

Who says to make a CRT regarding multipliers and stats? I'm going to be in work.

That kinda ignores the massive scaling chain Cole goes through

Let alone The Beast did that after waking up

Back