• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Image Render Requests Thread (New forum)

I would appreciate if somebody would be willing to render the following image of Dormammu please. Preferably while rotating it slightly so he is standing straight and removing any parts of the speech bubble.

Here's the page without text http://n.sinaimg.cn/sinacn09/610/w564h846/20181029/adbb-hnaivxq0912087.jpg

Though I think the MvC3 render (not the game one we have on the wiki, the art piece) is good enough since it's the same design as style as the comics when Dormammu got that redesign.

Yes, but I think that it is a computer-generated out-of-continuity image rather than official comic book artwork.

Edit: Sorry. I misread your post.

Anyway, thank you for the image. Do you have it available in higher resolution though?

In my opinion, it doesn't show off the character's overall design well enough. The fact that part of his design such as his robe or the pillar of smoke his head creates is cut doesn't help for a render. The classic and modern looks and their respective renders go well enough with one another.

Well, Wikipedia uses the image that I prefer, and the one that we currently use is from an out-of-continuity game.

A good percentage of Marvel renders, like Dracula's and Rhino's for example, are from the Marvel Alliance game, so I don't see the issue if the designs are comic book accurate. Those games don't have enough (or are relevant enough) to get their own profiles so I think it's fine if the renders are good enough.

A good percentage of Marvel renders, like Dracula's and Rhino's for example, are from the Marvel Alliance game, so I don't see the issue if the designs are comic book accurate. Those games don't have enough (or are relevant enough) to get their own profiles so I think it's fine if the renders are good enough.
Well, the following image is drawn more in regular western superhero comic book style, whereas the image that we currently use is a mixture of that and manga style, and I also think that it looks better overall.

Well, the following image is drawn more in regular western superhero comic book style, whereas the image that we currently use is a mixture of that and manga style, and I also think that it looks better overall.

"Regular western superhero comic book style" is rather vague, especially considering Kevin Maguire's art in the comic that Dormammu is from, he's got a much more odd and unorthodox style than many others.

Likewise there aren't really any techniques unique to manga artstyles in the MvC3 artwork for Dormammu, it's very much the same style as when that more modern Dormammu design was introduced, or at least, the artist trying to resemble that style. You can tell with more expressive characters like Captain America or She-Hulk since how they teach art in Japan isn't the same as they do in the US or Europe or anywhere else (and it's not like they would be able to comfortably or consistently replicate the styles of say, John Byrne or John Romita Jr when they respect an artist's own unique take on a character) but Dormammu looks exactly like how Maguire and consecutive artists drew his modern design.

Okay. I concede that point then. However, I still consider the image that I choose to be much more iconic and aesthetically pleasing for the character than the one we currently use. As such, I would appreciate some help.

Have some shit ones

@Antvasima

Here is your Dormammu

@UchihaSlayer96

Here is your Goku

Here is your Vegeta

And now I go

672057394012094464.gif
699183611332788274.gif

Last edited:
Thank you for helping out Zack. It is appreciated.

On second thought, Carioca seems to be correct. His image really does look better as a header. However, I added the new render to the image gallery at the bottom of Dormammu's profile page. My apologies for the trouble.

We're using manga renders currently and the link to Gouketsu's image doesn't work.

Edit: Did... did his comment disappear or am I going crazy?

Last edited:
Back