• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I'm (not) leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said, daddy.
65e.jpg

A bit late on this but whatever. I also doubt that the wiki is going to die, daily we have over 300 users afaik and this wiki plays a big part in the vs community (albeit we are known for being jokes that are only good for scans). I do wish that this site continues to live on and get better (not for my own sake but for others. I'm already use to a very toxic environment and I'm here for more reasons then it just being a hobby, so its going to be a long time for me to give up on this website).

Although, to be real for a bit I doubt this website will ever actually be at "peace", its a vs debating website afterall. We can at least wish/hope for it to be less toxic.

A bit late on this but whatever. I also doubt that the wiki is going to die, daily we have over 300 users afaik and this wiki plays a big part in the vs community (albeit we are known for being jokes that are only good for scans). I do wish that this site continues to live on and get better (not for my own sake but for others. I'm already use to a very toxic environment and I'm here for more reasons then it just being a hobby, so its going to be a long time for me to give up on this website).

Although, to be real for a bit, I doubt this website will ever actually be at "peace", at best we can hope that this place will become less toxic.
Well said.

Also, when are we gonna see Bambu's virtual family tree?

Vs Battle wiki was the first internet forum I ever took place in, and tbh, I was probably the least """qualified""" person to do so. I don't watch anime, I can't calc for shit, I'm not aquatinted with overall internet know-how etc.

It still caught my attention though, and I basically spawned an entire verse out some dude's profile I found funny.

That's why to me it's so disheartening to see it in shambles. Yeah, yeah, we've gone through worse, but that doesn't mean that we're going through something. (That sounded dumb as hell)

In short, I respect ppl's decision to leave 100%, Im also rarely active anymore simply bc the real world is a real bitch sometimes.

I don't even know how to end this so I just will, best of luck

The community is not remotely in shambles, but it is not good at all that people feel so dissatisfied with how it works that they leave either, especially in the cases where it was largely based on misunderstandings.

They are obviously always welcome back if they should change their minds in any case.

Vs Battle wiki was the first internet forum I ever took place in, and tbh, I was probably the least """qualified""" person to do so. I don't watch anime, I can't calc for shit, I'm not aquatinted with overall internet know-how etc.

It still caught my attention though, and I basically spawned an entire verse out some dude's profile I found funny.

That's why to me it's so disheartening to see it in shambles. Yeah, yeah, we've gone through worse, but that doesn't mean that we're going through something. (That sounded dumb as hell)

In short, I respect ppl's decision to leave 100%, Im also rarely active anymore simply bc the real world is a real bitch sometimes.

I don't even know how to end this so I just will, best of luck
I relate to the first bit. Like theoretically I'm far from the wiki's target audience, given that it's primarily focused on anime and comic books (two things I don't partake of for the most part). I only learned to calc through the wiki and self-teaching, too, even though technically I started off doing it off-site until being asked to just post on-site.

I wouldn't call the site in shambles because mid-teens amounts of people left. We have hundreds of active editors, while I'm sad that a couple of folks I know to be productive and good members dipped, it really doesn't make an apocalyptic difference in the long (or short) runs.

We're still doing good. And hey, even if people left, I still think this is like one of the biggest, if not the biggest, powerscaling sites out there. We've probably learned stuff from why people left, and can use that to do even better in the future.

Pls don't like this. For some reason, I'm getting tired of likes on my posts lol

Might be because of the one weird mental game I play that I talked about on my status

Last edited:
We easily have the by far most popular powerscaling wiki in the world, yes, and if we handle an upcoming large wiki revision project, that popularity could increase drastically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back