• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I'm in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never used PayPal in the past, and I don't even know if my card would actually work with it. But I have some spare money on hand, so I'll see if I can help with this situation.

Thank you very much for the help. If you send me a message via fanfiction.net or Deviantart, I can provide you with the donation link.

I have sent you a message via DeviantArt.

Thank you, Ant. Unfortunately, going into the details, it seems I won't be able to help out here. Due to complexities with getting my bank account linked that I won't go into, I won't be able to donate any money for around 4-5 business days. As such, I can't help out directly within the 3 day time span we have. My apologies.

Even so, I must stress to everyone how important this is. This is a situation that could potentially and easily ruin the life of a person who has done nothing to deserve it to a scummy scammer, and his options have become seriously limited. If anyone is able to donate even the amount you'd toss away on a random lunch, you can help prevent this.

Yes. Please help out if you can.

He has a Discord, yes, and I have a Deviantart account where I can also send the Paypal link.

You can contact either of us via our message walls if you wish.

Just a tip; don't send the link to the "collection"/"anonymous" link though. Send it to the paypal.me link. IIRC, the money you send to pools is regulated by Paypal. You need to create a Paypal Cash account and then draw cash from your own bank account to reap on the money you donate to pools.

If you send money to the Paypal.Me link instead, it will arrive instantaneously and can be immediately sent off.

To those who wish to donate anonymously without the pool link, when you're in the process of donating to him, send the money under the option of "Friends & Family". This will block your address from being shown.

Is there any update on the situation?

Whenever you get access, backup everything on physical and burn those accounts. Also, try to keep private things separated from personal stuff.

And, contact the police. Yes, even if you had private information that you don't want to be shared. If you pay and they still have something on you they are just going to keep coming back. Unless you had something illegal, there is no reason to not do it.

That is good. I am glad that my money was of genuine help.

I also hope that he gets a 2-step verification protection now.

I'm hopeful some serious action is taken against the hacker. It may have only been 45 dollars he asked for, but if anything that makes it worse. If he's willing to put that much sensitive information at risk for a measly 45 bucks, then there's little to say he won't do it again to someone else. If anything, he might have already done it before.

Do you know what his IP was? It probably was recorded in the websites' servers. He might be using a VPN or something, but it's still worth looking at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back