• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Rules:
-Speed=
-Both are in High 6-B
-Frank has access to all of his weaponry but doesn't have access to the Gems.

"I've covered wars, you know":
dape08h-99e3ea70-4eb1-4944-82d8-d463087754fe.png

"Hyaaaaa!":
thumb-1920-659658.jpg

If we're going by what Link's profile says, then he easily skill stomps here via skill scaling to other Links

But I really doubt Spirit Tracks Link is as skilled as them

If we're going by what Link's profile says, then he easily skill stomps here
I can confirm he started a total novice below even the castle guards, yet immediately rose to the occasion, surpassing his teacher who is considered the best swordsman in the kingdom and the guy that stomped his teacher before the endgame.

I can confirm he started a total novice below even the castle guards, yet immediately rose to the occasion, surpassing his teacher who is considered the best swordsman in the kingdom and the guy that stomped his teacher before the endgame.
Thats not bad at all, but...

But I really doubt Spirit Tracks Link is as skilled as them
The reason I said this was because the kind of stuff Spirits Tracks Link has done is a casual footnote compared to dudes like the Hero of Time and the Hero of the Wild

The reason I said this was because the kind of stuff Spirits Tracks Link has done is a casual footnote compared to dudes like the Hero of Time and the Hero of the Wild
Edited after I responded ayy

I don't agree that should be scaled like that, correct. But it's how stuff is at the moment.

Edit: Though, to be noted. Spirit Tracks does have some stuff. His navigation and cooperation skills with Zelda to climb the spirit tower is pretty good, being a total leader and commanding her. On top of his dungeon crawling, being forced to think outside the box in many situations (like how the flight path of his boomerang needed to follow specific patterns and sometimes even channel fire and ice elements). His movement skills are pretty good too, using his whip as both a grapple hook and weapon to disarm and outmaneuver opponents.

I think it we’re strictly following Link’s unrevised scaling to other Links, this becomes a skill stomp. If we take into account how I think it should be, this becomes more interesting

Link is capable climbing up the skill ladder fairly well, going from below that of common Castle Guards to defeating an opponent who stomped his teacher, who was considered to be the best swordsman in the kingdom. His ability to solve puzzles in complex manners shows a great level of analytical capabilities and he’s shown no trouble mastering the other additions to his arsenal without training

Frank’s best skill feats come from how he’s capable of defeating military personnel and could even sneak into A.I.M.BRELLA Corporations HQ and unlike Chris, he actually listened to Spider-Man in regards to using the Symbiote’s weakness of sound to their advantage. Reed Richards bringing him in to aid in the Marvel Zombies universe also does say a lot about his experience handling the undead. That said, we can’t use this to scale Frank to some of the most skilled heroes that were seen to be zombified, given he’s clearly not on their level. Still, it’s worth considering. Along with that, he can create new and unique weapons mid-battle which he proceeds to wield effectively

Link starts out stronger, but Frank’s Accelerated Development, X-Factor, and Alcohol can help him get stronger to even the odds regarding raw AP/Durability. Because of this, I don’t think Link’s better AP will be as useful, though should the two clash, Frank’s at a disadvantage given his lesser LS

Frank has more weapons to work with, but Link’s are more useful given their supernatural and longer ranged nature

Link
-More skilled
-Better AP/Durability at the start of the fight
-Much better LS
-Range
-More useful arsenal

Frank
-Can become stronger through multiple means over the fight at a quick rate
-X-Factor can heal himself
-Larger arsenal
-Craftier

One thing i feel should be brought up is that Frank holds a deceptively large advantage in mobility. Not only does he have better acrobatic abilities that are combat applicable, he also gets a speed boost when using his X-Factor.

More importantly however, his movement speed matches his combat speed. An often ignored rule (and something i learned just recently) is that speed equalisation lowers combat speed of the faster character to match the slower one, with any other speed getting lowered by that same multiplier. The relevant one here being movement. Franks movement and combat speeds are on par with eachother, while Link has much faster combat speed relative to his own.

What this means is that Frank can easily dictate the pacing of the fight. Frank wants long range? They're fighting long range. He wants to be up close, and the fighting follows. Mid range? He gets it. Link is gonna have to constantly deal with being on the back foot the entire fight while Frank gets to do whatever he wants to.

While I don't think the equalization meta will have much of a factor on this fight, Frank certainly has a clear cut mobility advantage

Back