• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They were 10x more powerful because of Ittou Shura, and Ikki has shown Durability Negation in like, most matches of the series.

Ok but they have the abilities as him right? and are all 10 times faster as well.

The same abilties, yes, they're only perfect on terms of physical stuff. The problem is their bloodlusted mentality that made them aim for a fake oppening, where Ikki just used his dura neg and killed them all.

Dragomer said:
Honestly Ikki look more like a character with an energy source that happen to be called 'skill' than an actualy skilled fighter most of the time, he did pull some John Wick shit before, don't get me wrong but most of the time he fight like every other characters in a pretty generic and direct way.

So i get why people can get annoyed at all the 'muh skill' stuff.
Yeah this kinda sums up how I feel about him. Especially beating fate manipulation cause of it.

The Calaca said:
Light Novel bores me, no thank you.
I'll ask you to read the manga/watch the anime, but they don't go as in-deepth with Ikki's stuff as the novel does, so better leave it as that.

SpookyShadow said:
Actual portrayed skill is better than swinging swords like carpet beaters in an anime :v
It's probably harder to draw a character moving like John Wick than it is to hire a guy who's good at that and a good choregrapher.

Rocker1189 said:
SpookyShadow said:
Actual portrayed skill is better than swinging swords like carpet beaters in an anime :v
Its why I like knight run and Naruto (especially the anime fights).
It's also probably why UI is the only new form i'v seen people legit call 'as good as the original super saiyan'.

I find ranged combat and ranged tacticians a lot more fun to watch then CQC fights

Vehicular fights as well if you've seen Yukikaze

Honestly to me UI is boring. Its basically I am good at dodging. Tacked on to another basic ass stat buff but this time they went Blanco.

Schnee One said:
I find ranged combat and ranged tacticians a lot more fun to watch then CQC fights
I have to admit stuff like the Vangray 'special delivery' in Super Robot Wars V like super cool too even if i'm more a CQC fight kind of guy.

It's probably harder to draw a character moving like John Wick than it is to hire a guy who's good at that and a good choregrapher.

Fate (and Ufotable animes in general) have very good animation during their fights.

Schnee One said:
^This

I've always wanted to see a great tactical fight between two snipers in an anime.

It's part of the reason why 2/4 (Technically 3/4) of the MCs in stories I've written are ranged fighters. But as far as I know, those aren't really a thing.

Would this match be fair if we changed it to Ikki only fighting the protag of each franchise ? not sure what's this wiki's stance on their ''''''''''skill'''''''''' level.

Not as much as Aizen, Byakuya, Yamamoto, etc, the most impressive skill feat i remember is learning his bankai in... 5 days?

I'm mostly just sad that the skill trend got old so quickly. As a big fan of goofy skill stuff, I would've liked it to have been a more welcome topic.

We still have the skill stuff, it slowed down but isn't exactly gone. It might fully disappear soon so let's replace it with something cooler. COOKING COMPETITIONS.

It would be if the top 1 wasn't set in stone, if you have read the top 5 for every tier threads, you can see that the tiers without a supreme smurf character get much more attention.

That's why I think we should have debates for different categories of skill. Would make the discussions more varied. Jumping straight into "most skilled ever of all time" kind of kills other opportunities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back