• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ike (Fire Emblem) vs Jean (Genshin Impact)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jean blitz without speed equal. Aside from that this look like a stomp for Ike, he have the skill and experience advantage, Jean scale massively above 2 megaton but Ike durability amp should lessen the damage a little and his hax like absorption, durability negation so he should be able to kill her, his powernull shut down all of Jean elemental abilities so she won't have any other option aside from cqc and ike have the advantage in it.

Fight start, they both run at each other, Jean use her ability and notice that it doesn't work so she immediately back of and reposition her self for cqc, they both duel and due to their skill different she won't be able to get any clean hit in while Ike hax should wear down the sword until it break which would give Ike the window to attack and end her or slice off her sword arm and end her after. Ike win. He doesn't even need to use his wind slash or blind her with light manip and whatever energy projection do to win so those are irrelevant and would only be overkill.

Do note that depend on how skilled a certain character is and there skill level compare to Jean, Jean would be skill stomping Ike but that is irrelevant as said character probably won't be out any time soon and Ike versatility would be enough to give him the win even if that's the case.

Ike also scales massively above his feat, unless this is PoR Ike where he's still above Rexbolt, just without too much of a scaling chain

Although you should say that in the profile as it only say he scale to the feat not that he is far above it.

Further input would be fine, also Nihil doesn't really null everything, I'd imagine Jean would still be able to use stuff like Gale Blade since it would be similar enough to Wind Magic

Absorption: The Runesword casts Nosferatu, a light magic spell that steals health equal to the damage given

Energy Projection: Ragnell can shoot energy waves by slashing at range

Well than depend on how power null work i will need to reconsider the scenario. Though i will say that he have have an advantage at range but depend on how high his scalimg, what Nihil null and how it work, the amount of durability increase Jean might have a chance at winning, what would Ike do when he is bloodlusted? If he were to go for cqc immediately depend on how skill damage is treated in debate and how Nihil work he might get oneshoted if he were to go in immeadiately.

I'd say stuff like Wind Companion would get nulled, as it functions similarly to Sol, which also gets nulled

In-Game, Luna treats Defense as 0, so that's how Ike's durability negation works, Aether also consists of Sol, which triples his strength and heals Ike equal to the damage dealt. Aether (Ike's signature skill, being a combo attack of Sol + Luna, using both in that order)

He has to activate it at close range, however

So it null healing abilities? If that's the case than she could live with that, than he won't have the chance to activate Aether since the moment he get in roughly 5-10m Jean would either use gale blade to knock him back or straight up use dandelion breeze which hit for 9x her damage while gale blade hit for 6.2x, dandelion breeze is an aoe of the range i said above that also create a wind field that deal damage if he exit it or enter it by 1.6x of her damage, gale blade is a straight thrust with a small aoe of slightly smaller range. If he survive either of those than he would get his resistance to wind manip reduce by 40% increasing the damage of the wind attack that he took, if he is hit by dandelion breeze and is still alive however he would be staggered as almost all normal enemy in game all stagger when hit by it, and that should give her enough of a window to either throw a gale blade or strike with a wind infuse attack.

Either way he is screwed if he went in close combat first even if he is more skilled and experience which is also debatable as i said she might skill stomp him depending on her skill level in comparison to the knight grandmaster.

Even if he doesn't unless he can spam those range attack which Jean should be able to dodge or deflect all of it then he would still need to get in close which scenario above would happen and the light wouldn't help much as she could always retreat back and bait him into her range.

And that is not talking about her constellation passives which give her increase gale blade damage by 40%, reduce the damage she take by 35% while in the dandelion breeze field along with increasing her damage and speed by 15% in the case that Ike doesn't get oneshoted as she gain elemental energy by attack the enemy normally or with elemental abilities. Also sorry but only dandelion breeze negate resistance not gale blade.

Nihil nulls passives like that, though, it also has negated resistance negation in the form of Corona (which treats the Resistance stat as 0)

Every skill in PoR and RD gets nulled, some of which being passive stat increases

Last edited:
Well then passive and negation won't work but even withouts those the point still stand and she would still shred him unless it also null dandelion breeze.

I don't see why Ike can't spam range either, he has the Ragnell and Runesword, Ike's a gifted fighter and would know when to use range

He also doesn't have a cooldown while Jean does, during said cooldown he could just rush in to attack head on, use Aether and win, he also doesn't need to charge his abilities either, during cooldown he should dominate in cqc as Ragnell passively increases his durability

Basically, if he gets to pull it off, Aether is basically a win button here, and Ike's capable of holding his own in range and surviving off Runesword heals until he can run in, probably a toss-up as to who wins in range.

How does Dandelion Field work anyways?

I'm just going to say if he just spam spell at range and never go in for cqc and his spell cost 0 mana or whatever and have no cooldown as you say than he win, no contest. But how do he know to just stay at range and not get into close combat, no matter how gifted he is unless he have info analysis or some danger sense then i don't see him just decide to spam spell and never go close quarter unless that is his fighting style than it's a stomp since Jean have no way to deal with enemy that spam spell for days without stopping.

On the chance that he only do that to weaken the enemy then go in for cqc, Aether can be dodge as their different in skill is small and Ragnell durability increase is by how many time? If it's 2x than the fight can still go on if it's 3x or more though than you should have said it sooner, runesword need to be pulled out and seem to only use when he need healing which won't come into play if he either die or kill Jean and i'm pretty sure he doesn't have the room to pull out a sword mid combat against an opponent close to his level, the cooldown is kinda exaggerated as character can be seen spamming their abilities how much they want in lore, it's the burst i.e dandelion breeze that need time to charge up. If the durability increase isn't 3x or more than Jean can just use dandelion breeze then use gale blade to finish him off or rip one of his arm off both have a range of roughly 5-7 meter now that i eyeballed it again, she can also put up an aoe elemental barrier to block damage so that would help as the barrier can't be break easily even by character that are comparable or superior to her unless Nihil also null that. Range stall won't come into play as she can just pull him back in with the charge up gale blade.

And for the question, dandelion breeze generate a powerful wind current around Jean that deal damage to the enemy and heal allies, it will place a field down that heal allies over time, infuse there weapon with wind element and deal damage to those that exit the field or enter it, it healing prospect would be null but the rest sure as hell wouldn't.

Im voting Ike here, he has the AP and durability advatage by a large amount against jean to the point where his attacks can overpower her healing, jean does have the speed and skill advantages but she doesn't really have any attack to take down Ike besides mabye her elemental burst which is on a massive cooldown most of the time, unlike Ike who can take her out with aether, plus he can also heal aswell, the only can jean really has is to dodge his attack with her speed advatage and wear ike out with quick strikes and wait for the right moment.

(Also wouldn't Ike vs Diluc make more sense for a fight, they have more in common then jean does)

Jean massively upscale from the 2 megaton, Ike massively upscale from 1.39 megaton, Ike might have the durability advantage but it won't mean much if Jean is like 8 time faster than him. Dandelion breeze need energy charge up yes but if we don't equalize speed she is going to regain that energy pretty fast as she can gain it by hitting normally and even more with gale blade which she can spam. The only reason why we even have a discussion is beacause we assume speed equal if it isn't Jean stomp.

Jean massively upscale from the 2 megaton, Ike massively upscale from 1.39 megaton, Ike might have the durability advantage but it won't mean much if Jean is like 8 time faster than him. Dandelion breeze need energy charge up yes but if we don't equalize speed she is going to regain that energy pretty fast as she can gain it by hitting normally and even more with gale blade which she can spam. The only reason why we even have a discussion is beacause we assume speed equal if it isn't Jean stomp.

speed is equal, I’ll edit that

anyway bump

2 votes for Ike currently

and 1 vote for Jean currently

I haven't played either Radiant Dawn or pulled Jean yet so I think it's worth asking a Genshin supporter here

As someone who has and built jean her kit is more supportive then offensive, jean doesn't really hit hard with any of her attacks besides dandelion breeze (her burst), but she is much more defensive and tanky insted, she has the second highest hp in the game and is able to regen her hp by normal attacking, and her burst has the highest single heal in the game, she'd basically can be near death to topped up on hp by using the attack, and also she has gale blade which can carry enemies and launch them away from herself, this also is the only other hard hitting attack of hers

Jean is more skilled than Ike, can oneshot or rip of one of his limb, can dodge most of his attack due to being more skilled and can deny him of distancing for healing as he won't be able to pull out runesword while Jean is putting pressure on him, so i say Jean cause she have the skill advantage over Ike allowing her to null his only wincon.

Though Jean can't heal and her passive won't work due to Nihil that doesn't change much as she gonna kill him before he can heal up anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back