• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

If you were to possess the power over Time and Space, does this mean you're able to access the 10th - 11th dimension? (Depending on the theory)

I want to make a story. This story includes people with could possess infinite powers, these beeing: Soul, Time, Space, Mind, Reality and Power. The power they possess are answered here (not by me) https://www.quora.com/How-do-the-In...access_token=9d3110ad12a943e4a985f4dab200d510.

If someone were to have the power of Space and Time, would this give them access to the 10th dimension? And with Mind powers, would this give you access to an infinite amount of dimensions, or the ability to live beyond dimensions (Because the mind stone stone gives you acces to minds, with space giving it acces to all minds in the universe and if also with soul probably gives you access to the minds of the dead, therefore give you access to all the possible knowledge there is, and also makes you able to imagine things you shouldn't be able to imagine).

Even though having access to the 10th (or 11th but i've read on different articles that the 11th is unimaginable) or above, you wouldnt be able to destruct an universe therefore giving you no power in them. So you wouldnt be able to do anything in them other then move spalce and alter time (since in order to detroy matter you'd need reality because you dont go from something to nothing. And yes moving and alering space also isn't realistic but since it's there we made it real and therefore it has the ability to go beyond the natural laws but just on that behalf).

And also if you'd focus on another theory, the 4th dimension represents time, wich'd be worrying for me since i don't want to give higher dimensional beeing random acces to time if an infinite power also represents time.

So all summed up my questions are: What's the best theory to go on?

Does Space-time power grant u access to the 10th-11th dimension (depending on the theory)

And if the above is powered by the mind power, will you be able to live beyond dimensions, and be able to alter any dimension?

Take note that i'm 15 and Dutch so if i'm rambling unlogical things please correct me.

You can do whatever you want with your own writing.

The stuff you're saying doesn't conform with current theories but isn't a crazy leap. You could write it in and readers wouldn't bat an eye. And you're already breaking from reality with the inclusion of the infinity stones.

If you want to conform to reality, space-time is exactly 4-dimensions on a large scale. On top of this, accessing everyone's mind wouldn't help you understand any more dimensions than they lived in, so the character would only be able to comprehend dimensional spaces in the way beings right now can.

On top of this, simply understanding in some way how a higher-D object works doesn't let you exist in higher-dimensional space, or beyond-dimensional space.

I know i am but the moment they're there and also have limits within their own category (just like how you can only permanently change reality through time and let matter dissapear with the work of space 'and' reality) wich doesn't give them all infinite power and still stick by their own rules wich can still make them 'real' in that universe. So if the other stones 'd be in conflict with reality if they break their own rules wich they've been given then yes they're breaking from reality.

And are you trying to say that space-time's limits are 4 dimensional (Because i don't have much knowledge about how dimension and such works). And no it wouldn't give you access to it but it does give you the ability to imagine beyond your limits and such, but if you're saying the limits of space time are 4 dimensional, then yes you couldn't go any higher indeed.

The limits to space-time in our reality are 4-dimensional. There's nothing preventing other realities from having more dimensions (life probably won't be able to evolve on them for various reasons though), but our current understanding is that there's only 4 dimensions.

Certain scientific theories (not all) currently (the numbers were different in the past) speculate what I think is our universe having 10 dimensions (3 normal space, 1 normal time, 6 compacted space dimensions), with our universe being part of an 11-D multiverse.

Some warnings are: This is unproven and currently untestable, but it's the highest number of dimensions seriously considered in the scientific community.

Also, those extra compacted space dimensions don't act like normal dimensions. They're like the edges of the screen in Pacman, where you can wrap around to the other side by going in one direction. Except these dimensions are smaller than the smallest known particles. Even under these theories, on the large scale space-time is still 4-dimensional.

I got the idea when i read this on wikipedia.

At full potential, Time grants the user omniscience and total control over the past, present, and future.

At full potential, Space grants the user omnipresence.

The Mind is also the manifestation of the universal subconscious. (I don't really understand this one)

But i think you'd be everywhere at every moment and know every possible outcome within the 4 dimensions. So that solves that.

Back