• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

IDW Sonic Revisions

I'll be quick about this.

All low-tiers in the verse should scale to this accepted calculation for Class M Lifting Strength. Low-Tiers should scale to this because the feat was pulled of by Metal Sonic after only being repaired to such an extent that he could move, but not combat anyone (It would make no sense for Tails to repair him to an extent that he couldn't handle Metal had things went sideways). Thus all low-tiers should be capable of overpowering Metal Sonic at this point physically.

Sonic and any characters who directly scale to him should be upgraded to Massively Hypersonic by this accepted calculation. No one else should be touched.

Whisper, Tangle, Rough, and Tumble should be downgraded to City Block level+ off of scaling to at least the low-tiers. As I really don't recall anything scaling them to Sonic's level. They do however have feats on the level of low-tiers (such as Amy, Tails, Chaotix, etc.). This means all of their other stats that scale off of Sonic or other mid-tiers (i.e. Silver, Shadow, etc.) should also be downgraded to Low-Tiers statistics. Rough and Tumble do not scale to Sonic in any way.

Rough and Tumble fighting Sonic, Knuckles, and Tails should not allow them to scale to Mid-Tiers (Especially since we scale Tails as a low-tier anyways meaning low-tiers are capable of 1v1'ing them in general which shouldn't be the case if they're a mid-tier), as in the first fight not a whole lot happens, and they get bodied so badly anyways that they retreat to trying to use Wispons to stand a chance. Which is when Sonic finally deems them to be a threat. Metal Sonic also casually slapped both Rough and Tumble away with little effort at all and after they retaliate in anger, Metal Sonic proceeds to scare them. It's quite clear that when Sonic does face up against them he's not giving it his all given this information. Especially since in the first encounter Knuckles was trying to get Sonic to even take them seriously to begin with (which he didn't seem to do given what I explained about him only doing so before getting Wispons after being beaten by the two). Heck, the fact they even need enhancements/weapons to BEGIN with to take on a mid-tier (and still lose against a mid and low tier at that) should make it quite obvious they don't scale.

I think these changes are pretty straightforward. In summary:

Low-Tiers to Mid-Tiers upgraded to Class M/Higher Class M Lifting Strength

Mid-Tiers upgraded to Massively Hypersonic

Whisper, Tangle, Rough, and Tumble downgraded to Low-Tiers in the verse

Seems fine at first glance also I'm kinda surprised by the amount of feats/statements available in IDW for calculation (Considering how young it is) colour me impressed.

I'll assume "high" tiers are super forms?

As for "mid" tiers who scales? Since Sonic, Metal Sonic, Shadow, Silver and Blaze are all relative to each other (Knuckles and Surge too when they eventually get profiles). Is there anyone else? (That actually has profiles).

Tbh the scaling in IDW is a bit off with Shadow depowering Super Neo Metal Sonic among other issues but that's just the nature of comic books.

I'll assume "high" tiers are super forms?
Ehhh, I suppose so. I figured you can consider Super Forms God Tiers, whereas High Tiers are anything in between. Like Zavok when he amped his physical capabilities with the Emerald and grew large. Master Overlord and Super Neo Metal Sonic (I'll get to that in the future), etc.
As for "mid" tiers who scales? Since Sonic, Metal Sonic, Shadow, Silver and Blaze are all relative to each other (Knuckles and Surge too when they eventually get profiles). Is there anyone else? (That actually has profiles).
Nailed it. Sonic, Shadow, Silver, Blaze, and Dr. Starline (With the tri-core). As well as the Deadly Six if they ever get added (I plan on it). Unlikely to get added, but debatably Jet the Hawk too (Overwhelmed Zik in physical combat, to which Zik stated he had him outmatched after his friends failed to take him on).

All low-tiers in the verse should scale to this accepted calculation for Class M Lifting Strength. Low-Tiers should scale to this because the feat was pulled of by Metal Sonic after only being repaired to such an extent that he could move, but not combat anyone (It would make no sense for Tails to repair him to an extent that he couldn't handle Metal had things went sideways). Thus all low-tiers should be capable of overpowering Metal Sonic at this point physically.
I agree

Sonic and any characters who directly scale to him should be upgraded to Massively Hypersonic by this accepted calculation. No one else should be touched.
I agree

Whisper, Tangle, Rough, and Tumble should be downgraded to City Block level+ off of scaling to at least the low-tiers. As I really don't recall anything scaling them to Sonic's level. They do however have feats on the level of low-tiers (such as Amy, Tails, Chaotix, etc.). This means all of their other stats that scale off of Sonic or other mid-tiers (i.e. Silver, Shadow, etc.) should also be downgraded to Low-Tiers statistics. Rough and Tumble do not scale to Sonic in any way.
I guess I agree on that. Still believe they're all relative but this is good for now

I agree with the rest. I have no opinion on Rough and Tumble and where they scale with the verse.

Back