• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Iaian vs Speed-o'-Sound Sonic

• Speed equalized
  • Battle takes place in the C-City Super Stadium with 20 meter distance
  • Post Training Sonic vs Current Iaian
Iaian:

Sonic: 7

Gouketsu fodderizes both:

Iaian_manga.webp
ddnrw8e-98f9b449-a7bc-441d-a39d-0db31548aec4.png

Last edited:
The fight would be competitive until Sonic uses Four Shadow Burial, which makes him FTE to people who were previously >= his normal speed. He can go even faster with Ten Shadow Burial.

The fight would be competitive until Sonic uses Four Shadow Burial, which makes him FTE to people who were previously >= his normal speed. He can go even faster with Ten Shadow Burial.
Not even >= his normal speed, Genos was straight up faster than Sonic until the Four Shadows Burial came out.

Iaian doesn't really mess around so I honestly can see him killing Sonic before 4 Shadow Burial and even if Sonic uses it he notably can't contain his bloodlust which Iaian should sense and be able to dodge or predict his blows.

Now if Sonic gets to use 10 Shadow Burial then yeah he can't win but I believe he can end the battle before that.

Iaian doesn't really mess around so I honestly can see him killing Sonic before 4 Shadow Burial
You say that as if it’d be easy for him. Tbh with speed unequalized, Sonic already has a hefty speed advantage even without the Four Shadows Burial.

Remember, Sonic’s fight with Genos was FTE to Fubuki, who was perfectly capable of reacting to Do-S, someone comparable to the disciples in speed. Iaian’s gonna have a hard time getting his hands on Sonic in the first place, and if the Four Shadows Burial comes out, his chances are even worse.

You say that as if it’d be easy for him. Tbh with speed unequalized, Sonic already has a hefty speed advantage even without the Four Shadows Burial.

Remember, Sonic’s fight with Genos was FTE to Fubuki, who was perfectly capable of reacting to Do-S, someone comparable to the disciples in speed. Iaian’s gonna have a hard time getting his hands on Sonic in the first place, and if the Four Shadows Burial comes out, his chances are even worse.
I was under the impression they would start at least comparable in speed (tbh I really doubt Do-S would have tagged Bushidrill given he reacted to her attack and moved)

If not then yeah speed should be equalized to make the match fair at the start because Sonic already being FTE for Iaian and on top of that having massive speed amps isn't really fair.

Well my point is still the same as before then, I believe Iaian could kill Sonic before he starts using his speed amps as Sonic tends to taunt and understimate his opponents and doesn't get serious unless his pride is hurt in some way while Iaian seems to be more calm and analytical in battle and goes straight for the kill.

Even if Sonic uses 4 Shadow Burial I think Iaian's ability to sense killing intent (which Sonic oozes) which lets him predict and block moves solely based on it without relying on his sight would let him still match Sonic and possibly beat him.

Can't say the same if Sonic uses his 10 Shadow Burial, that would just be the end for the one armed swordsman.

Okay, now Iaian has a decent chance against Sonic, but I still think Sonic has the advantage here.

Going off of his fights with Genos and Hellfire and Gale, Sonic likes to fight at a distance and attack with his exploding shuriken. Since there’s a 20 meter starting difference, I think Sonic would be capable of getting to a position where Iaian can’t really reach him.

And if the Four Shadows Burial comes out, Iaian just won’t be able to touch Sonic. Yes, he can sense killing intent and predict moves, but when the moves are far too fast for him to even react to, I don’t see it helping.

So my vote goes to Sonic.

Okay, now Iaian has a decent chance against Sonic, but I still think Sonic has the advantage here.

Going off of his fights with Genos and Hellfire and Gale, Sonic likes to fight at a distance and attack with his exploding shuriken. Since there’s a 20 meter starting difference, I think Sonic would be capable of getting to a position where Iaian can’t really reach him.

And if the Four Shadows Burial comes out, Iaian just won’t be able to touch Sonic. Yes, he can sense killing intent and predict moves, but when the moves are far too fast for him to even react to, I don’t see it helping.

Due to this, Sonic FRA

I mean sure he can get a distance advantage but he doesn't have an infinite stock of shurikens and would eventually have to move to hand to hand combat if he intends to actually fight Iaian, and his arrogant nature and tendency to understimate his opponents would play against him when he does so. Again, he has only shown to get serious when somebody hurts his pride, Hammerhead taunting him with his rudimentary trap, DSK "disrespecting" him or Genos removing his ponytail.

Regarding the Four Shadows Burial, he did become fast enough for Genos to stop reading his movements but not quite enough to completely blitz him considering Genos could think, react and activate his incineration cannons to blow up the whole battlefield. So I do think Iaian could still react and block Sonic's attacks here.

Regarding the Four Shadows Burial, he did become fast enough for Genos to stop reading his movements but not quite enough to completely blitz him considering Genos could think, react and activate his incineration cannons to blow up the whole battlefield. So I do think Iaian could still react and block Sonic's attacks here.
The fact that Genos thought he had to nuke the entire area to deal with the Four Shadows Burial shows that he wouldn’t have been able to deal with Sonic’s actual attacks, so I don’t see why Iaian, someone slower than Genos, would be any different.

I also think that Sonic is more likely to win this than Iaian. Sonic may be arrogant and sometimes a bit careless but he is still highly capable and the speed of his techniques could certainly end up overwhelming Iaian.

Back