• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I think I need a break

Hi everyone!

Probably not many of you knows me considering that I mainly focused on a limited numbers of verses and rarely commented in threads outside of this verses.
Anyways, I'm writing this post because I really feel like I need a break from this forum, and I understood this thanks to this revision. Not for what is inside of it but for what it made me realize.

It's a revision about Honkai Impact, one of my absolute favorite verses, and was about an argument that I had very much at heart, which is fixing the profiles of the characters considering that some of them have problems with justification and such.
However, when I was about to start writing down all of the things that we could have done to fix the pages, I realized that I couldn't bring myself to actually write it. And this is not at all because I don't care anymore about Honkai, I am currently playing the latest chapter, the 28th, and I am absolutely loving it. It's simply that I don't care anymore about the powerscaling aspect of it, and the same goes for all of the other verses I am into.
I was once very active in the Marvel Cinematic Universe community in this wiki, but after a while I started to not comment on it anymore, and the reason is the same stated before, that I dont care about powerscaling as much as I did before.

I wanted to wait a day to see if I was able to bring myself to write down everything in that revision, but after a bit of thinking I believe I realize the reason behind all of this: I am simply burned out and tired.
Recently my real life has been really overwhelming, with the work that is more stressful then normal and will be even more in the next few weeks. On top of this, I also just bought an house and all of the things I have to do to settle down gives me even less free time.
So, I understand now that all I need is a bit of time for myself, to actually just enjoy the series I like without having to worry about anything like powerscaling or other things.
Hopefully, this will be only a temporary thing and when I will be able to get better both mentally and with free time I will come back. But until then I really need this break.

But before going I want to thank a couple of people and communities I met here:
  • the whole Marvel Cinematic Universe community, which are everyone that is and was active in the MCU discussion thread. All of you are really sweet and supportive, I hope that the vibe in that thread can remain lighthearted forever.
  • the Honkai Impact community, which is one of the verse I cared the most about. All of you are good persons and I wish all of you the best.
  • Antvasima, who was always ready to help out whenever I needed a hand regardless of the fact that he was busy or not, and I always appreciated that.
  • more in general, all the people that I interacted with in the past months that I have been in here. Regardless of the type of interaction we had, I genuinely wish the best to everyone of you!

And with that I think that I said everything that I needed to say.
I think this will be temporary, I just need some months off to actually relax and take time for myself.
I will probably log in one last time either tonight or tomorrow and then I wont log in for a bit.
So, goodbye for now, and thanks to everyone for everything!

Thank you, and please take care of yourself. I hope that you will recover your energy and enthusiasm, get your life in order, and come back here afterwards.

Last edited:
Yes, please get the rest you need. You're always welcome back here and no need to exert yourself whether in RL or online activities.
9k.png

Back