• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I Remove a Funny Joke to Save My Own Ass (Akron vs Number 39: Utopia)

@SombodyData

isn't there a thing where if a match is like 5-0 or more, it can be added due to it being unanimous?

Yobobojojo said:
Wait, does Akron's null negate invulnerability?
i don't know

i don't think there was a status effect like that in EBF, but he can negate a shitton of other stuff

Anything with direct One hit kill should work, but AP one-shot won't do the trick here. Can Akron's null null negation?

Yobobojojo said:
Anything with direct One hit kill should work, but AP one-shot won't do the trick here. Can Akron's null null negation?
he's immune to power null by the game's standards via a 100% resistence to syphon, which is the power null he and everyone else uses iirc

@HI3 7-0 yes

@Yobo Black holes = OHKO, so the ability won't work is what I'm saying. Also, can you make sure I didn't remove any Utopia ability that he didn't need with a ZEXAL weapon to do on accident?

SomebodyData said:
@HI3 7-0 yes

@Yobo Black holes = OHKO, so the ability won't work is what I'm saying.
Oh, okay, but it all really depends on how it plays out. If Akron fights Utopia and Utopia gets its effect off freely, it's black hole ability is negated.

@Yobo Power null is a subset of negation, so it should work. Not to mention, its Power Null by wiki standards.

Akron kinda starts with black holes tho.

Yobobojojo said:
whats the difference?
Negation is making your foes abilities unusable while Null is making them not work
that sounds like exactly the same thing, just with a different cause

i'd say he resists it, since syphon makes your non-physical/normal attacks unusable, and he's very resistent to it

Passive abilties are considered stomp nowadays (Well really since 6 months ago)

I don't think passive power null is. If thay wasn't allowed, rip kharn.

@Monarch yep, what Yobo said, although take note that battles really means when they're both attacking.

Well, I don't think Akron is resisting the null in this case, but if he is, doesn't that make it stompish?

@Wokistan its only allowed against the haxiest of the haxiest, or if it basically would become a battle of skill if I remember correctly.

@Yobo ye it would, though like its been mentioned in this thread before, power null is probably not gonna be brought up anyways, since Akron starts with Black holes.

Yobobojojo said:
Monarch Laciel said:
Battles (phase)?

Or declares an attack?
Anytime it battles really
The difference is in the timing and you know it boy.

If he needs to declare an attack for it to work, that's differerent to it just working when he's in the battle phase.

SomebodyData said:
@Yobo ye it would, though like its been mentioned in this thread before, power null is probably not gonna be brought up anyways, since Akron starts with Black holes.
Okay then, Akron FRA, that timing thing ***** me over just as much in the actual game.

>tfw people are talking about how the Yu-Gi-OH! battle system matters in an out-of-universe fight and i know jack shit about Yu-Gi-Oh!

PsychoWarper said:
Hl3 or bust said:
at least it doesn't seem as bad as basically any of those Cthulhu Mythos tabletop RPGs
Thats a thing... how does that even work?
i have no clue

i played it for like 6 hours with the manual and all and still couldn't remember what i was supposed to do and had to rely on that ******* necronomicon rip-off

Actually, whenever i said "syphon," imagine i said "dispel"

Syphon just drains mana, dispel is the power null

my bad

Back