• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I need help

I've a feat where a pokemon is stated to be capable of ripping apart a tanker ship with telekinesis. The feat is not an outlier due to another feat we have and thus i want to calculate it.
Problem is
Idk what how to. What ls do you need to rip apart metal? Any suggestions of how i should do the calc?
Please help

to add context, technically speaking psychic powers seem to specifically grab entire objects in pokemon so it would likely grab the entire ship and pull it apart

alright.
In what units should the area be?
Doesn't matter, I use cm2, but you can convert the Mpa to just about anything once you're done. For a ship though m2 would probably be best tho for simplicity.

oh sorry didn't realize that you were talking about Lugia.
No, i meant Meowstic. That thing can rip apart a tanker and the japanese translations support that

Oh huh, neat, them dusting a truck might also be a neat supporting feat too (Though if they scale to like tier 7 then it's whatever).

Ripping apart a tanker would net an insane telekinetic LS though, no way in **** it isn't deep into Class M.

so once i get the results, what would be the answer? Like what units and how do i classify it?
Once you get the area, you just multiply it by the Mpa, you can convert the Mpa into anything though whether that be tons per m2, tons per cm2, tons per inches2, tons per literally anything, doesn't need to be tons either, kg, lbs, etc. Whatever you please, the most important thing is you find the area of this tanker first though, after that it's super easy basic multiplication.

Ripping apart a tanker would net an insane telekinetic LS though, no way in **** it isn't deep into Class M.
Thing is i am planning it as a supporting feat and in the case that i lose an argument and we don't scale it to Slowking's class G it could be quite useful

Either way i am gonna try and figure it out.

Can i take the size of the tanker as half of the biggest oil tanker?

No idea, probably use context clues to get what an approximation of the would be tanker is, maybe just look up common models of tankers used in japan (or I guess France given it's a meowstic? Guess it depends what game/region this statement derives from). Grab the area of that, and multiply by Mpa (Though it also depends, what do you mean by tear? Like rip it in half? For that you'd use cross sectional area and multiply by the Mpa, if you mean crush, kinda like what Mewtwo Y did to those pokeballs, you'd use the whole surface area).

"If it doesn't hold back when it unleashes its psychic power, it can tear apart a tanker. Its unfriendliness is part of its charm."

Here's one french tanker. The tanker part is only mentioned in the female sword and shield dex entry

The tanker part is only mentioned in the female sword and shield dex entry
it changes nothing since the only differnce is that Meowstic female doesn't hold back and Meowstic male holds back until its partner is attacked.

Problem is, this is a navy tanker and the combat navy doesn't seem to exist in pokemon, i mean the most war-related thing we have gotten is Lt. Surge and there are no soldiers and no wars all around. This likely suggests that using an Oil tanker would be more reasonable since trade would be very prominent in pokmeon

Umm so...I am calculating this and uh

886643888040kg

886643888.04 tons

Class G

Deep into it in fact.

So we don't have one, we have two Class G feats and those are feats that Alakazam and Metagross would scale above

A bit higher than I expected but yeah sounds about right (was expecting a few million tons, but high double digit doesn't sound wrong, assuming the calc checks out).

I'll try to make a blog a bit later but in short

I took the entire ship and i calculated the area of a rectangle as Oil tankers are pretty rectangular.
I took half of the Seawise tanker's size (divided every size by 2) and used it to get 1.58091×10^8

I then converted 550 MPa (construction steel tensile strength) and got 5608.44 kg/cm^2

the result of the multiplication is above

@Chariot190 did i do it right or did i mess up?

Well, obviously it'd be best to get the actual area because while close, they aren't actually a rectangle, the end result will be off, even if it ends up as a decent approximation, if you can't find it though then yeah **** it, should be close enough, I don't think anybody will crucify you for making an approximation and not wasting ten hours looking for random info about ships.

Well it depends on what tearing apart means. If it means rip in half, you get the cross sectional area (Which would be a pain given there's hollowness, I guess what you'd do in that case is get the area of a rectangle (JUST a rectangle, not a tank, but a 2D one, that's as wide/high as the tanker, and then like cut out 90% for hollowness, and use that last 10% or whatever and multiply by Mpa).

If it's like crushing or shredding, then you take the ship's outer surface (in this case you'd take the area of a rectangular tank with the ships dimensions), and then just multiply it by the Mpa. Which if I understand, is what you did.

So yeah, not sure why you divided things by 2 though, but it's probably fine.

If you need examples.

Crushing.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Chariot190/Metal_Gear_-_Raiden_rips_and_tears

Tearing.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Chariot190/JoJo_-_Prosthetic_Hand_Calc

Tearing but again.

Oh ok, well in that case probably just find an average one, or random good transport one and use that, but if that's all then yeah the rest looks aight.

Anyways taking what's said above into account

36357833988 kg

or 36357833.988 tons

and

3635783.3988 tons as the 10%

Class G

3635783.3988 tons, Class G.
ee5.gif

Obviously if it's the other thing then you'd do the whole area, probably just do a low and high end with both if ya want or ask others what they think is happening, both are within Class G so either way.

Back