• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I have a problem with an evaluation

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a few days ago I made this calc and it was ultimately evaluated and rejected. I disagreed with the evaluation as the main reason why it got rejected was because he was free falling. Initially I feel @Mr. bambu misinterpreted what the main concern was in the calc I made.

And in his reply to my comment a few days later saying he doesn't think that Tsuna started swinging at that distance(the distance I calculated) but thinks that the old calc is safer to assume such( the old calc assumes Tsuna swung when Bermuda was exactly 6.03 m in the air).

@Agnaa stance is pretty much the same but we went for a little back and forth, where he brought up some possibilities for when Tsuna could've swung while I brought an actuality(when tsuna did swing). He also mentions that the wiki prefers a lowball, but I thought the wiki would prefer accuracy?? But besides that, I just have contentions with the evaluation.

Sorry if this is too much reading it just doesn't sit well with me.

You can also check the comments for a better scope of the situation incase I left stuff out

Last edited:
Shouldn't you link the calculation if you want people to see this or check the comments?

I still hold the same reservations I did before.

He also mentions that the wiki prefers a lowball, but I thought the wiki would prefer accuracy

This isn't a matter of accuracy since there's literally 0 information that points to the 6cm end over the 6m end. Within that complete uncertainty where no accuracy can be achieved, I'd rather take the lower option.

Thank you for taking the time to respond
This isn't a matter of accuracy since there's literally 0 information that points to the 6cm end over the 6m end.
This is false and it's the other way around. There's evidence for the 6cm end as opposed to the 6m end. It's also quite literally shown that he started moving in the same POV as when Bermuda was 6cm close.

Within that complete uncertainty where no accuracy can be achieved, I'd rather take the lower option.
Then again it's all falls down to interpretations, but my interpretation of the feat would hold more weight because of supporting evidence as opposed to "He could've".

This is false and it's the other way around. There's evidence for the 6cm end as opposed to the 6m end. It's also quite literally shown that he started moving in the same POV as when Bermuda was 6cm close.

There is nothing there indicating that he started moving when Bermuda was 6cm away. His fist could have been moving off-screen in the first panel, and she could've been more than 6cm away in the first panel, having fallen to get closer to his fist by the next one.

There is nothing there indicating that he started moving when Bermuda was 6cm away. His fist could have been moving off-screen in the first panel, and she could've been more than 6cm away in the first panel, having fallen to get closer to his fist by the next one.
Quite literally the panel I linked

The First 2 panels is the same POV of Bermuda descending. The only difference is Tsuna's fist is 6cm away from his face in the second one, indicating that he started his movement whilst Bermuda was at that point. If he started moving his fists would've hit Bermuda at a much higher height.

The old calc uses an inaccurate assumption that he moved whilst he was 6.03m above. And my calc removes any assumption that he could've moved x distance.

I wouldn't go around using a calc that has a possibility rather than a certainty.

It isn't the exact same POV. The second panel stretches far down past Bermuda's hat, while the first panel is cut off right after it.

You can rearrange the way you present it to chuck possibility's certainly's anywhere you want. I could say "You're going off of the possibility that Tsuna didn't move until Bermuda was 6cm away, while I'm going off the certainty that Tsuna was stationary when Bermuda was 6m away."

It isn't the exact same POV. The second panel stretches far down past Bermuda's hat, while the first panel is cut off right after it.
I don't quite see what the differences are but since its minor it doesn't really change that much.
You can rearrange the way you present it to chuck possibility's certainly's anywhere you want. I could say "You're going off of the possibility that Tsuna didn't move until Bermuda was 6cm away, while I'm going off the certainty that Tsuna was stationary when Bermuda was 6m away."
These 2 are the certainties, as that's what is quite literally portrayed. The Uncertainty is that he started his movement when Bermuda was up 6m.

I just have problems with the assertion that he could've swung at x distance with no evidence to prove such, and using that line of logic to disclaim when he is shown moving.

It is not a certainty that Tsuna was not moving when Bermuda was 6cm away.

If our discussion hasn't moved either of us on that, idk what will.

I made a slight mistake.

It is not a certainty that Tsuna didn't move until Bermuda was 6cm away.

I would say it's a certainty(because that's only time he's shown moving)but I'll call it a possibility for the sake of this message.

Both our interpretations of this feat would fall under equal interpretation. What would make my interpretation of this feat viable is evidence of tsuna moving when Bermuda is 6cm. Whilst your interpretation is just assuming arbitrary reasonings.

Moving when Bermuda is 6cm away is not evidence that he was stationary when Bermuda was 7cm away, or when she was 6m away. My interp is not assuming anything since there's no evidence putting one interpretation over another within that 6cm-6m bound.

But it is probably best for us to wait for more input.

I really don't care if he was stationary or not when he was 7cm or other values before that, I made a recalc tackling the 6.03m value because it assumes Tsuna moves when he was at that exact height, which is false as I have proven multiple times.

And again saying there's no evidence for the 6cm route even though thats the only on panel movement we see from tsuna is not sitting right with me.

Can you @ other calc members?

I have to agree with Agnaa, I see no reason to assume he only started moving when the fist was 0.06m away as opposed to the last time when see him before movement could have happened.

Also should add that the semicircular motion end doesn't work as there is no evidence he completed that punch in the given timeframe. (by what is shown I'm fairly certain he didn't)

As I said in the calc, I see no reason to assume Tsuna began moving at such a short distance based solely on the fact that one panel frames itself such that you can only see the fist when it is 6 cm away. There is nothing implying that this frame and the frame prior are the exact same second in time, thus some amount of movement most likely occurred.

6 meters is a perfectly fine estimate, and one I find more reasonable than 6 cm not only for lowball reasons, but because 6 cm just seems actively proven wrong based on the fist's positioning. If we had seen, for example, the arm at rest when the target was a mere 6 cm above it, this would prove your point. As it stands, all the panel proves is that one does, indeed, need to physically get close to a target to physically hit them.

How is it that y'all favor an end that assumes that he started moving when there's literally no evidence at all to assert that he did move at that exact height. It makes no sense at all.

The 6cm end has not been proven wrong. Y'all are just assuming that he moved x distance with no proof at all that he started moving when bermuda was 6.03m.

6m is really not a perfect estimate as it asserts that Tsuna was already moving at that exact same height which I have disproven multitude of times. How do y'all favor the calc that's blatantly assumptions to the one with the least assumption? That really doesn't make sense and it's frustrating that I have to explain that, the safest assumption is the one that is literally drawn and shown in the manga.

And based on the fist positioning makes no sense at all. If he started swinging at an arms length he would've completed his punch when Bermuda was 5.71m in the air which makes no sense as he's way more closer to Tsuna. He's going for an uppercut and is shown to move when Bermuda was 6cm. It's Frustrating that y'all pick the end with the most assumptions.

6m is really not a perfect estimate as it asserts that Tsuna was already moving at that exact same height which I have disproven multitude of times.

That's not true. It just requires that he move after that point because he couldn't have been moving before it.

That's not true. It just requires that he move after that point because he couldn't have been moving before it.
If he's moving after then why does the old calc assume he moves within the timeframe of when Bermuda is 6.03m above moving at the speed of light?

If he's moving after then why does the old calc assume he moves within the timeframe of when Bermuda is 6.03m above moving at the speed of light?
Because if he could begin moving at any point between Bermuda being 6.03 m away and Bermuda being 0.06 m, then the safer end to go with is the lower end which means that 6.03 meter distance.

So apparently the safer end is the one with the most assumption.

He doesn't start moving at 6.03m so why is it the safer end

Any other assumptions that he could've moved at x distance would require evidence to match the assertion.

But the 6cm end when it's the only time he is shown to move is not as safe as the massive assumptions? That's incredibly frustrating

How is it that y'all favor an end that assumes that he started moving when there's literally no evidence at all to assert that he did move at that exact height. It makes no sense at all.

The 6cm end has not been proven wrong. Y'all are just assuming that he moved x distance with no proof at all that he started moving when bermuda was 6.03m.

6m is really not a perfect estimate as it asserts that Tsuna was already moving at that exact same height which I have disproven multitude of times. How do y'all favor the calc that's blatantly assumptions to the one with the least assumption? That really doesn't make sense and it's frustrating that I have to explain that, the safest assumption is the one that is literally drawn and shown in the manga.

And based on the fist positioning makes no sense at all. If he started swinging at an arms length he would've completed his punch when Bermuda was 5.71m in the air which makes no sense as he's way more closer to Tsuna. He's going for an uppercut and is shown to move when Bermuda was 6cm. It's Frustrating that y'all pick the end with the most assumptions.
...it is implied that he started moving based on the fact that he moved at all. You favor an end that assumes he didn't start moving until the edge of his fist was already on-screen, which is silly. I don't know what to tell you, 100% staff consensus isn't even a common phenomenon but here, you have it. Six meters isn't guaranteed at all, I just can see that 6 cm is massively off. Provably so. Cheers though.

...it is implied that he started moving based on the fact that he moved at all.
I am confused by this.

You favor an end that assumes he didn't start moving until the edge of his fist was already on-screen, which is silly. I don't know what to tell you
No, My end assumes that he started moving when bermuda was at this panel. Which makes sense as the next panel we see his fist emerging, Not he started moving when his fist is already at the edge of the screen.

6m end would not also make sense if assuming Tsuna swung his arm in that timeframe(which is not the case) and bermuda would only be roughly 5m in the air when tsuna is done with his swing.... Which would not make sense.

6m end would not also make sense if assuming Tsuna swung his arm in that timeframe(which is not the case) and bermuda would only be roughly 5m in the air when tsuna is done with his swing....

I've already said this before; that's not true. If we use 6m as the timeframe, Tsuna would start his swing when Bermuda's 6m away, and finish it when Bermuda's 0m away, well within his range.

The whole point of using these distances is that Bermuda moves those distances in the time Tsuna swings. You're saying that Bermuda only moves 6cm in the time Tsuna swings, we're saying she moves 6m.

You're saying that Bermuda only moves 6cm in the time Tsuna swings, we're saying she moves 6m

No I am not contending with Bermuda(Him) moving 6m that's undeniable. I am saying that Tsuna is shown moving when Bermuda was 6cm away, not that Bermuda only moves 6cm

Also stole your flow I hate quoting

No I am not contending with Bermuda(Him) moving 6m that's undeniable. I am saying that Tsuna is shown moving when Bermuda was 6cm away, not that Bermuda only moves 6cm

I didn't say you said that Bermuda only moved 6cm.

It's the distance Bermuda moved while Tsuna was punching that I'm talking about.

We're saying that Bermuda moved 6m while Tsuna was in the motion of punching, colliding when Bermuda was right on top of Tsuna. You're saying that Tsuna stood still until Bermuda was 6cm away, then Bermuda fell another 6cm while Tsuna punched.

Sorry m8, I'm not a thread mod/admin so I can't close this thread. I'm not interested in Hitman CRTs. And I don't know enough about volcanoes to evaluate that calc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back