• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hyperspace question

While was searching on vbwiki hyperspace definition found this
"It is typically described as an alternative "sub-region" of space co-existing with our own universe."

"2. A fictional space in which laws of physics may be circumvented allowing faster-than-light travel or time travel." https://www.thefreedictionary.com/hyperspace
Seeing this i have an question
Is there any condition for hyperspaces being 4d?

Hyperspaces often have limited levels of higher dimensional existences; however, it my not translate to AP or speed. Some of them are basically just pocket realities where its primary purpose is to enable slower than light ships to travel faster than light via traveling nonlinear spatial dimensions.

So what would happen if a character who wasn't ftl went to hyperspace? would they just start going at ftl speeds? I'm basically asking what happens to someone if they entered hyperspace

Yes, although it might be regarded as a kind of Amp like:

Supersonic+ normally, MFTL+ when accessing hyperspace (because the laws of physics are weaker here, the distances are shorter, one kilometer inside the hyper space equals 10 light years in the normal space)

Yes, although it might be regarded as a kind of Amp like:

Supersonic+ normally, MFTL+ when accessing hyperspace (because the laws of physics are weaker here, the distances are shorter, one kilometer inside the hyper space equals 10 light years in the normal space)
Well wait, the character in mind has an ability that sends you to hyperspace, what exactly would happen there to the person being sent?

Hyperspaces often have limited levels of higher dimensional existences; however, it my not translate to AP or speed. Some of them are basically just pocket realities where its primary purpose is to enable slower than light ships to travel faster than light via traveling nonlinear spatial dimensions.
A question I would ask, If a character has a speed ability to enter a Hyperspace where would his speed scale to?

Back