• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hunting a dragon, The Hunter vs Dovahkiin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know....

That's why I said to specify, because I'm too lazy to make a list for all of them and not knowledgable enough on The Hunter to chose which one is the most effective.

Eh, whatever. He's random anyway. Some of his abilities are nulled by Elderseal immediately. Also unlike Dova, Hunter has some idea on what to do from the start, which is putting other people to sleep. He doesn't seem to resist it, so I vote for him for now.

I mean, strong enough people have resistance to dovas mindhax, and dova should scale to at least the dragons resistance, but meh.

Tough, since most of the stuff in skyrim needs for you to be stealthy blothirsty and brutal, it would likely go for stuff that kill the enemies right away.

Plus, shouts are OP because mthey affect people that resist them most often then not. It allows you to mindhax dragons, which is not possible otherwise for exemple. Same with most elemental stuff.

Being hit by Dragon also nulls and reduces your stamina and strength, it's not just mind attack. Also being hit by Hunter's weapons has a lot of bad stuff like Sleep, explosion to soul destruction and various Blights.

Being brutal is good thing for Hunter, he has very good experience at dealing these kind of people.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Plus, shouts are OP because mthey affect people that resist them most often then not. It allows you to mindhax dragons, which is not possible otherwise for exemple. Same with most elemental stuff.
How powerful is those resistance anyway

Stamina and strenght debuffs through attacks are pretty normal things actually.

If you mean with brutes, that's not the point. I don't remember any of the daedric princes being about bashing the enemies head in without care. At most killing a lot, but most either don't care how you do it, or want you to be stealthy and use unfair stuff like poisoning the enemy while they can't see you due to your ridicolous stealth.

ShiroyashaGinSan said:
How powerful is those resistance anyway
Depends on what effect you mean really. Tough I'm pretty sure that the upgrades might affect that by a lot.

He's also dealt with opponents like that actually. All kinds of stuff. Overall, Hunter has much more experience and skills. Hunter also more likely than not, use dirty tactics like trapping, poisoning and stealth.

Saying he has much more experience would need stuff to back it up, because Skyrim is all but not diverse in the amount of stuff that you need to face. Plus, which of his enemies is soundless and invisible at will, and capable of litirally walking up to someone and take their weapons, armors and all their itesm without aynone noticing?

Chameleos. Even auto sensors, enhanced senses and the Hunter commission can't deal with Chameleos at all. It's even barely studied because of its sneakiness. It takes almost all of Hunters' items and it has lot of victims.

Hunter can fight against opponents with all sorts of strategies, including likes of Yama Tsukami, who has literally thousands of not million years of experience. He can adapt to any situations on the get go.

Chameleos doesn't have half the abilities the dragonborn does, plus he can forcefully make people lose his track even if found by just crouching down, so even if he does detect him he can always make him loose track.

I think I remeber my Dova fighting people possesed by a daedric prince at one point, and those things are just as old as that. And I think they embody stuff like fighting to any extent, not sure about the latter.

Plus, I think the dragonborn could just use life detect and start sniping from afar with shouts and the like while being stealthy.

So does Chameleos. They immediately lose their track once Chameleos got out of the area. Also abilities doesn't matter, invisibility matters.

He can automatically sense him with autotrackers which works on Hundreds of Kilometers. He can also sneak with mantle and it's good. He will be undetected even if the opponent is a meter away from him, standing front of his face.

No. I mean that he litirally can become impossible to detect even if you are looking at him from a meter away (Or less, there are instances where an enemy litirally bumps into you and fails to notice, or where you are shooting arrows at them in front of them and they still can't see you). That isn't equal to losing someone out of the area.

Pretty sure his stealth perks simply counter that. And again, detect life shout makes stealth against him kinda useless.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Sorry for the multiple post, but does Cham steal stuff that you have equiped?
Also this. I tried top look into it, but I didn't see thje thing litirally take away weapons from their hands without anyone noticing.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
No. I mean that he litirally can become impossible to detect even if you are looking at him from a meter away (Or less, there are instances where an enemy litirally bumps into you and fails to notice, or where you are shooting arrows at them in front of them and they still can't see you). That isn't equal to losing someone out of the area.

Pretty sure his stealth perks simply counter that. And again, detect life shout makes stealth against him kinda useless.
Like Hunter can do? Plus better since he can't be detected by Enhanced Senses or Extrasensory Perception by heat.

He did in lore. It takes away their armors, weapons and items to discourage hunting, Chameleos are kinda good Elder Dragons.

I don't see the hunter litirally bumping i to someone and not being noticed. Or taking a weapon from the enemies hand without being noticed. And he detects life itself, not heat or such.

And when did they do it without anyone noticing? There is a difference between taking weapons during a fight and jsut taking it from an enemy with them not noticing. Plus, the dova can disarm at a range and then TK the weapons.

I mean Hunter's stealth can do. He can literally bump to the opponent and not being noticed.

Yes, hence they can't research them since not even blood is remained. Hunter commission can research from just a carcass yet they have bare knowledge over Chameleos.

When has the thing taken stuff without anyone noticing? Like, pretty sure people noticed when they lost the equipment.

And where does the hunter not get their equipment stolen?

Actually, what would they do from being forcibly disarmed?

Dragonborn's stealth and pickpocketing is good enough to steal the clothes, equipment and inventory of all the women in Skyrim. While they're wearing them. And awake. And in broad daylight with plenty of people about. Heck, you can steal from enemies and laugh as they try to attack you with their bare fists while naked.

I think there 8-B keys maybe able to fight, but it maybe High 8-C, I got the 8-B calc evaluated but I have no clue if we're using it. The Dragonborn probably isn't going to be upgraded to soon so maybe we can do this as a finale send off match. Dragonborn's mindhax I think scales to most of an island but it maybe a touhou moon scenario. Soul tear would probably work if he gets it off before Elderseal. I think the monster hunter is more skilled and most guns have better range (one of the Dragonborn's bows can reach the sun and summons light rays to shoot you so good luck out ranging that (Nirn's Sun is at the end of Reality)). But the Dragonborn's stealth helps a lot. The hunter's camouflage only last so long. Both can become instantly undetectable to people with enhanced senses, but the Dragonborn's detect life spells and fool voice shout would eventually allow him to find the hunter. So it becomes a battle of the Hunter trying not to get his troat slit by a nigh invisible enemy that can steal all his stuff without noticing (including is weapons and armor). I feel like after a long fight the Dragonborn eventually gets the drop on the hunter and either slits his neck or kills the hunter with his own weapon. I'll vote the Dragonborn 6/10 times for soul tear, and stealth (which if either go for causes both to go for). The 4/10 times I think the monster hunter wins if they get Elderseal off and quickly enter a melee fight (but they may get sniped by the sun bow or get disarmed by the disarm shout)

Dragonborn is plain invisible, and soundless, with magic.

I won't count votes tough, mostly for obvious reasons.

What did the 8-B come out at by the way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back