• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hulk 5-A calc issue

Im pretty sure the other problem is that the angsize method used in it is outdated since it forgets to add the “deg” part as well.

Pretty sure we agreed not to use this feat at all since curvature and angsizing is the least of our problems with this one. There's simply too many issues with this including but not limited to, scaling.

Is this permanent?
The design sure as hell doesn't stay so wouldn't that mean The Thing needs several Keys?
Heck if this was temporary that's even worse because that means he's 5-A of a a specific a power boost, and not like the other stuff on his page support 5-A either
Umbra calc is 53.59 zettatons which is near baseline 5-B and Basilisk is above 6.1 exatons which is High 6-A

Is 5-A Thing (going of our page) complete bullshit?

Is this permanent?
The design sure as hell doesn't stay so wouldn't that mean The Thing needs several Keys?
Heck if this was temporary that's even worse because that means he's 5-A of a a specific a power boost, and not like the other stuff on his page support 5-A either
Umbra calc is 53.59 zettatons which is near baseline 5-B and Basilisk is above 6.1 exatons which is High 6-A

Is 5-A Thing (going of our page) complete bullshit?
I think we decided to downgrade Thing to 5-B based on Hulk's stuff but never got to change the actual tier.

Then should I edit the page to change that?
Like even Thing's durability calc is just 5-B+

Thing's spiky mutation was undone in FF #327, so not permanent.

Ben's durability section seems to list him surviving an explosion worth 2.02 yottatons, so there's that. Going by that and the asteroid feat they would probably be downgraded to 5-B.

Thing's spiky mutation was undone in FF #327, so not permanent.

Ben's durability section seems to list him surviving an explosion worth 2.02 yottatons, so there's that.
That just gives him 5-B+ durability tho
But since Grey Hulk can hurt him (going of the scan) and Thing is stronger then him that state then he could maybe be baseline 5-A
But we really need to research Thing to sort his stats out because a page having a rating only for an amped version of said character is dumb asf

I remember people saying the 5-B feats were bs on the Discord server
AFAIK only the Thing-EGO 2 yottaton feat was BS because apparently the explosion didn't happen in front of his face or something, and it was Ego exploding so the actual explosion might have been more potent. And that it was kinda on the outlier-ish realms as well (Even without Ego having Tier 4 dura) and that it had something to do with inconsistency and stuff with Grey Hulk being >>> Base Doom and Thing and all (With Thing only having a bunch of High 6-A feats only and even more feats lower down the spectrum.

As for the Grey Hulk thing I believe it was because the issue number in which the feat happens is from some obscure comic run no one properly knows about.

Last edited:
On the thread topic, I made a calculation request. Though, I think if there is no recalculation after 50 days like the calculation request OP explained, I think a CRT can be made on the topic.

AFAIK only the Thing-EGO 2 yottaton feat was BS because apparently the explosion didn't happen in front of his face or something, and it was Ego exploding so the actual explosion might have been more potent. And that it was kinda on the outlier-ish realms as well (Even without Ego having Tier 4 dura) and that it had something to do with inconsistency and stuff with Grey Hulk being >>> Base Doom and Thing and all (With Thing only having a bunch of High 6-A feats only and even more feats lower down the spectrum.
  • I guess this 2 yottaton feat would be invalid, then. I am not familiar with the inconsistencies so I can't properly comment; though, it would a good idea to make a different thread on the matter.

As for the Grey Hulk thing I believe it was because the issue number in which the feat happens is from some obscure comic run no one properly knows about.

Last edited:
Huh. Weird. Don't know why others would think that way then.

The whole angsizing thing has to be tossed out I presume considering the thing is much closer to the camera than Earth.

edit: nvm that's for scaling only

I mean, the meteor is literally stated by the source material to be 2x the size of Earth and by that logic alone Hulk would be 2x baseline 5-B.

So I am calculating the feat, but the problem here is the part of the asteroid that is visible. The original calc claimed it was the radius, yet when you compare the “radius” to Earth, Earth (even when it is far away) is much bigger than the radius, despite how the radius of the asteroid is supposed to be equal to Earth. If it were in the background, then it would be acceptable, but we clearly see the asteroid in the foreground.

Would it be fine if I assumed another part visible, such as 1/4, 1/5, etc?

Bump

Also, I was thinking if we are forced to use highballs? Such as using Hulk’s speed as the asteroids dispersion speed, or going off of Hulk’s words as he destroys it for the timeframe.

Back