• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How to calculate underwater explosions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DontTalk is usually only interested in participating in policy revision threads nowadays.

Perhaps Executor N0 is willing to help out?

Here is the Cole thing the pdf keeps referencing btw. That probably tells you everything you will ever need to know about the topic, but one would have to read it... (chapter 4.8 sounds interesting) Sadly all of my focus for science stuff is currently on the two exams I write in the next 2 weeks, so I will leave the research to you.

Welp, someone just has to take a look at the document and extract the important stuff. I'm most of the day in the Airport so I have no time for that, not at the moment.

So on pages 40 and 45 of the pdf that DontTalk linked, it looks like shockwave velocities and temperatures increase as pressure increases. On page 91 the detonation velocity was calculated at 7720 m/s, which corresponded to a pressure of 205 kilobars. So, if an explosion is calculated at or above 7720 m/s, would it be fair to assume that it had a pressure at or above 205 kilobars.

You can ask the other calc group members to comment here via their message walls if you wish.

That may be best in order to get more attention, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back