• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How to calculate the violent fragmentation of a country

Bossbrosish

He/Him
How would I calculate the violent fragmentation of Ireland? I already have the AP for just destroying it, which I calculated at High 6-C and will put it into a blog post later along with other places I calculated. Asking out of curiosity.

wouldnt it just be the same calculation you already did but with v frag instead of regular frag, assuming your first calc was using just regular frag

For the volume, you need Area of Ireland x Average Elevation of Ireland. Then just multiply it with v. frag energy of rock, 69 J/cc and there's your answer.

Though there's a better way to make this less complicated.

Find the area of Ireland, find a circle calculator, dump the area and get the radius of said circle.

Then use the Nuke Calculator to find out how many megatons of TNT would be required to reach said radius in terms of near-total fatalities.

That or you can convert the radius to meters and dump it into the ground-based explosion formula.

For the volume, you need Area of Ireland x Average Elevation of Ireland. Then just multiply it with v. frag energy of rock, 69 J/cc and there's your answer.

Though there's a better way to make this less complicated.

Find the area of Ireland, find a circle calculator, dump the area and get the radius of said circle.

Then use the Nuke Calculator to find out how many megatons of TNT would be required to reach said radius in terms of near-total fatalities.

That or you can convert the radius to meters and dump it into the ground-based explosion formula.
Alright, thanks!

Back