• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How to calc island shattering punch?

Rakih_Elyan

He/Him
I gave a quick nod of my head while I listened to her explanation. “To be honest, if you put your entire ki pool into a single punch, I’m fairly certain that you could shatter this island we’re standing on. Please don’t test that theory, though… it’s annoying to find new testing sites.”
-World Keeper chapter 209

I would find the average area of an island, maybe try and find depth? Calculate the volume, then apply fragmentation to it.

Will remember. Won't that fail to account for underwater parts or is it just the best compromise we have?
Underwater parts might be connected to the crust making the entire ordeal messier to figure out which part belongs to the island and which one belongs to the crust.

Underwater parts might be connected to the crust making the entire ordeal messier to figure out which part belongs to the island and which one belongs to the crust.
So yeah, just got the size and it is a flying island.
“Before it… nevermind.” I groaned, shaking my head as I pulled up the coordinates on the map. My question was soon answered when I saw a large island, roughly a hundred kilometers wide and sixty long.
-World Keeper chapter 107

Can you help me how to calc this KLOL?

So yeah, just got the size and it is a flying island.

-World Keeper chapter 107

Can you help me how to calc this KLOL?
In that case I'd probably model it as an eliptical cylinder. 100km on one axis, 60 on the other, multiply by average global elevation (0.840km) and there's your volume for fragmentation.

Say you wanted to find the mass, would you multiply the volume by the average density of continental crust (which appears to be around 2700-2800kg/m^3)

In that case I'd probably model it as an eliptical cylinder. 100km on one axis, 60 on the other, multiply by average global elevation (0.840km) and there's your volume for fragmentation.
Thanks!

What material should the island made of?

Back