• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How should I (properly) make VS matchups and threads?

I’ve checked out this site multiple times, as well as looked at a few versus threads to see what goes on, and I’d like to make some as well. That said, I’m uncertain of what I should do when making a matchup thread and have it make sense, or what specifics to include and why (such as speed equalized and a set distance apart). If there’s already a thread about beginning on the site and some tutorial-esq. stuff, then could someone redirect me to it? Or if there’s just a section on the site about it that I haven’t found? Thanks.

This is the general discussion board for the FC/OC wiki. I believe you meant to post this thread here. Thats the Q&A Board for VSB Wiki, the one that uses official characters.

As for your question, I feel a lot of what you asked can be answered with a quick gloss over of this page on the VSB Wiki.
  1. Thoroughly read through the combat statistics section of each character in question. Make sure that the fight does not result in a clear stomp for one character as in:
    1. Character A having Higher AP, Durability, or Speed than Character B, and Character B has no way to circumvent those disadvantages is a stomp
    2. Character B having an extremely potent ability or ability set that Character A, despite even with the aforementioned advantages can't circumvent is a stomp. Typically Reality Warping, or Extremely High level Regeneration gets this result, though again it is very important to get a general understanding of both characters abilities.
    3. If you're unsure of a fight despite reading over a characters profile over and over I would highly suggest messaging users on the verse pages "Knowledgeable Members" section for their general opinions, and thoughts on the matchup.
  2. Speed Equalization is allowed so that more unique matches are possible, removing the topic itself almost entirely from the discussion barring characters who can use amps of some kind.
  3. Set Distance is important because of range, and active range of certain abilities. I'll use Jotaro's Star Platinum from Jojo as an example here. Star Platinum has an effective range that he is able to fight at full or close to full strength. Should an opponent be outside of that range Star Platinum will become less and less useful thus forcing Jotaro to compensate with other tactics. In short The closer Jotaro is to his opponent the better for Jotaro more often than not. Even outside of ability limitations its important to mention as it narrows down the amount of varying outcomes a fight may have, allowing for a more decisive outcome.

Back