• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How Powerful would a Star Be in Various Sizes?

Probably Large Building level for all of them, though i'm no expert on physics and scaling heat and volume so i could be immensily wrong. I'm judging this by enviromental destruction as in a star just randomly being in vicinity. though a Super Nova of a Star is astronomically more powerful so idk

I doubt that the star would even exist in such sizes, so it's hard to say how powerful a star would be because a baseball, basketball or cannonball sized star can't hold its own mass (it is mostly plasma) by its own gravity, thus it can't exist.

Let's imagine that the star's mass is held by some magic. Now we can estimate how powerful would be a star!

The first thing that we must to do is how hot should be the material of the star in order to self-ionize. Sadly, I can't help with it, I'm sorry :( . There are some values in Wikipedia, but I don't believe them.

Edit: Thanks for the question, anyways.

Update: I can finally answer to your question!! :D

You see, stars are pretty tricky to work with. I don't know how the nuclear reactions would happen in such small star because they'll likely never happen, I'm not quite at atom science.

So, we will do a trick: we'll measure the energy of the 'star' through the radiation energy, ignoring nuclear reactions. Let's say, the energy of a newborn 'star'. Its birth is the ionization of its own mass through a high enough temperature.

The Sun's most dominating material is hydroge (~73%), which has the 1st (and only) ionization energy at 13.59844 eV, which equals 157803.1649722 K (Holy crap!!!). Note that 1 eV is 11604.505 K.

Now let's calculate the radiation energy of such star! We need temperature T (Known as 157803.1649722 K), emissivity ╬Á (Tricky one! I'm noob at hydrogen plasma emissivity, so I'd highballing it at 1), surface area A (varies) and the Stefan-Boltzmann Constant ¤â (5.67 * 10-8 W/m2*K4).

The formula for the radiation energy calculation is P = ╬ÁA¤âT4, where P is measured in watts (J/s), A is measured in square meters, ¤â is measured in W/m2*K4 and T is measured in Kelvins.

The formula for the surface area is A = ¤Çd2, where A is measured in square meters and d is measured in meters.

Let's go!...
A baseball-sized star's power is W = ╬Á¤Çd2¤âT4 = 1 * 3.14159 * 0.073662 meters * (5.67 * 10-8 W/m2*K4) * 157803.16497224 Kelvins = 599320083379.7869 W (J/s), which would equal to 8-A, Multi-City Block level tier.

A basketball-sized star's power is W = ╬Á¤Çd2¤âT4 = 1 * 3.14159 * 0.2405382 meters * (5.67 * 10-8 W/m2*K4) * 157803.16497224 Kelvins = 6390911351435.709 W (J/s), which would equal to Low 7-C, Small Tow tier.

A cannonball-sized star's power is W = ╬Á¤Çd2¤âT4 = 1 * 3.14159 * 0.82 meters * (5.67 * 10-8 W/m2*K4) * 157803.16497224 Kelvins = 7.069283136340*1013 W (J/s), which would equal to 7-C, Town level tier. (Tsar Cannon is a shotgun, not a cannon, which is a common misconception)

My typo about nuclear reactions: even if they'll happen in such a small star, that would be extremely quickly, thus there would be no resources in almost no time.

lol any where from 8-A to 6-C

Guess it works. I was working on a character was going to have a character perform a feat like that was going to be like High 6-B, so an Island level minature sun being a casual feat makes sense.

Back