• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How old is Dimentio?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twelve pixls were created 3000 years before the events in Super Paper Mario, and Pixl Queen was created before them, that is, the age of Pixl Queen is for over 3,000 years.

The creator of the Queen Pixl created with the power of Dark Prognosticus, ie the Dark Prognosticus is older than the Queen Pixl, which itself has more than 3000 years.

It implied that Dimentio is the creator of Dark Prognosticus, and hence is older than him. We suggest then that the age of Dimentio is over at least more than 3000 years, and he seems to have survived intact for that long.

I'm not sure if this is Longevity or Type-1 Immortality, but in anyway, it is one of the two...

Well, it is more likely longevity, as Type 1 immortality means not aging at all.

Hey @Ant, I want to take this opportunity to ask about Dimentio's powers. A new discussion for this I do not think necessary.

Dimentio has several important powers that should appear in the profile...

Why Dimensional Manipulation and Flipping Between Dimensions was removed from his profile? And these were replaced by Reality Manipulation and Reality Flipping (this power exist?).

Allso, he have Forcefields, A Orange Explosio, True Flight, Levitatio, Creation (creating pocket dimensions), Destruction (destroying pocket dimensions), Illusions,Cloning (appear to be about thousands), Flipping Between Dimensions, Destroying Matter, Universes and Timelines, Creating Matter, Universes and Timelines, Void Manipulation, Mathematical Dimensions Manipulation, and several others.

I believe that writing a prophetic book which hit at about thousands of years (Dark Prognosticus) would give him also Long-Range Precognition.

And manipulate and have full control of holes in the Space-Time (The Void) and create new continuums space-times would give him Space-Time Manipulation, right? As is the case of Arceus, which is justified by stabilizing something similar (it was essentially the same thing).

Well, we could call it spatial manipulation and cross-universal travel instead, if you wish. See the dimension page for an explanation regarding why we are conservative with using the term incorrectly.

I do not know how to interpret Queen Jaydes not being able to defeat Dimentio. Was it explicitly stated that he is immortal?

As for the rest, Dino Ranger Black is our usual Mario expert. You can ask him to contribute here, if you wish.

I understand, but in this case there is no difference between these dimensions are mathematical. If you want to call it Spatial Manipulation all right.

Well, it does not have the explicit statement, but was told that nothing except the Hero of Light would stop The Dark One, in addition to that, the afterlife and the very Queen Jaydes be destroyed by him. But it's okay if that is not enough to give immortality, because in fact was not stated an "I'm immortal" or something like that.

Okay, I'll talk to him.

Okay. You can tell him to post here. If he agrees, I can unlock the page for him.

I already told you that Dimentio himself is not able to go intangible and that clip you showed that demonstrates his "intangibility" only applies to the clone Mario had attacked, Chugga explicitly stated that.

I said, that was not a clone why he did not use clones in this battle, all he used was illusions and delusions are untouchable. You can see that Mario attacked the same as you say you are clone few seconds later, which proves that it was not an illusion.

"That one was not the real one." - Chugga

No, because Dimentio obviously was touchable, literally a few seconds after he hits Dimentio. He did not hit the same one, pay attention to the clip.

Why does it still matter that it was an illusion? That in no way means Dimentio was intangible.

Well, he is the one playing the game, and seems to have knowledge on it as well, so of course we should take into consideration what he's saying when he's the one playing the game.

The clone is intangible, Dimentio is not. The quote "Can you pierce this... Illusion?" only aides that proposal. I agree with Talon and hope this debate ceases (unless you provide conclusive evidence)

I have to repeat? Stop saying that he used clones, he did not use any clone, the Dimentio himself said he used illusions. Again, if that went through Mario was an illusion, why Mario had managed to reach it after a few seconds if it was just an illusion? It is why, it was not an illusion.

The being who crossed Mario and Mario who attacked were exactly the same, it was clear, and as I said, were not clones, were illusions. And if it was an illusion, he would not have hit him a few seconds later.

Kevyn Souza said:
I have to repeat? Stop saying that he used clones, he did not use any clone, the Dimentio himself said he used illusions. .
Clones, illusions no real difference in this context. As the illusion basically replicated Dimentio's appearence and abilities etc.

"Why does it still matter that it was an illusion? That in no way means Dimentio was intangible."

If he passed through an illusion, then hit Dimentio, then Dimentio is not intangible.

They were exactly the same? Isn't that the point? Dimentio was trying to avoid getting hit, so of course he would make illusions of himself that would draw Mario's attention.

Clones, illusions no real difference in this context. As the illusion basically replicated Dimentio's appearence and abilities etc.

Illusions are images, clones are touchable. And what Mario hit after a few seconds was not an image. If it was a Mario image would not have touched it a few seconds later, but it was clear that he hit it.

Talonmask said:
"Why does it still matter that it was an illusion? That in no way means Dimentio was intangible."
"It is intangible When moving only. Look that Mario tries to attack him and ends up passing, it may already be hit while stopped"

That's why Mario hit him a few seconds later, it can not be achieved on the move, only when stopped. Play the game if you want to, and will this conclusion. Otherwise, show me something that contradicts what I said, because again, an image can not be reached, and Mario clearly hit him when he stopped moving.

How does that even make sense? You are either intangible or not, assuming that just because he was moving was why Mario did not hit him makes it sound like a dodging feat more than anything.

"If he passed through an illusion, then hit Dimentio, then Dimentio is not intangible."

Move on.

Kevyn Souza said:
Illusions are images, clones are touchable.
So there is a rulebook which states illusions are just images and cannot be touchable? Interesting.

This is fiction, you can have characters that create illusions which can be touchable, in Dimentio's case he appears to be creating intangible illusionary duplicates (clones) of himself. Please move on.

Let's stop this discussion. We are just going around in circles and repeating the same thing, it will not take us anywhere. Just keep open because I will still talk to Dino Ranger Black about the other powers that are lacking in your profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back