• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How old is Dante?

Why, since DMC 1-2 and anime, Dante's age is double (FROM some number to some)? Why do you think that Dante was 8 at the time of his mother's death? And why do you give Dante from DMC 4 34-35 years old, reinforcing this with the words that he is about 40 years old?

Something, something...

Dante was 8 when his mom died (I still haven't found the source for that but it seems I'm not the only one who remembers that)

Vol1 happens when Tony was 18

DMC3 Manga happens 10 years after Eva died (18 years)

DMC 3 happens 1 year later (19)

DMC1 happens 20 years after Dante lost his family to evil (28 years)

We don't know how much time passed between DMC 1 and the anime but we can kinda assume this by other games.

Nero has 18 during DMC 4 and that makes DMC 4 Dante around 36 years old.

Patty is 8 years old during the Anime and 18 during DMC 5 so 10 years gap.

DMC 4 happens 5 years after DMC 2 making Dante around 31 in DMC 2.

Since this fits within the gap for patty age then we use that too.

DMC 5 Dante should logically be around 41.

“Yes… I remember it vividly. You should be seventeen or
eighteen, right? Eighteen years ago, the same year that I
became the vicar… That year, I met a man who came to
Fortuna…

- From deadly fortune

Then why, among the evidence that Dante is 34-35 years old, you indicated this in profile, it is only written here that he is about 40 years old.

And are you sure that Virgil is 18 at the time of Nero's birth?
The timeline has changed a lot with DMC 5 release. Old statements like that got retconed ez.

DMC 4 SE shows Vergil visiting Fortuna a couple of decades ago, this fits perfectly with Sanctus statement about Nero being 17/18 and meeting Vergil at that time.

Vergil was traveling during the DMC 3 Manga. We can assume he was looking for clues about the doings of Sparda to unlock the tower and in this he went to fortuna.

“Yes… I remember it vividly. You should be seventeen or
eighteen, right? Eighteen years ago, the same year that I
became the vicar… That year, I met a man who came to
Fortuna…

- From deadly fortune
No, 16-17, but most likely he was conceived 17 years ago, so he was born in 9 months (Almost a year, so he is 16).
The timeline has changed a lot with DMC 5 release. Old statements like that got retconed ez.

DMC 4 SE shows Vergil visiting Fortuna a couple of decades ago, this fits perfectly with Sanctus statement about Nero being 17/18 and meeting Vergil at that time.

Vergil was traveling during the DMC 3 Manga. We can assume he was looking for clues about the doings of Sparda to unlock the tower and in this he went to fortuna.
Then need to edit the profile and remove this screenshot in DMC 4 key. And write that Nero was 16 at the time of DMC 4, and Vergil was most likely 18.

You are using the old version of the TL. Go download the new version.

A lot more than just that needs to be changed but I'm 2 lazy 4 that

TL = translation

Nah, mostly his age and separating it more.

You are right with that.

We also need to find the damned cutscene that shows Dante being 8 when his mom died (because it is impossible we are having a mandela effect)

Back