• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How much of a durability difference in AP does it take to one shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much of a difference in Durability compared to AP would be needed to actually pierce the skin/break the bones of another person. How much is necessary to one shot?

K. So, if I were to hit a mountain level character with mountain level force, would that damage his body-- beyond likely making him say ow or bruise up.

Bump cause I'm also curious. My guess is it would be the equivalent of you getting hit by another person IRL, and your ability to take damage. So probably in your suggested range.

Wait, so a clone of me with my same stats can break my bones or cut my body with a basic punch? I mean, that has happened before, but...

Well, that must mean people who can tank are way beyond what the person attacking then puts out.

People have that subconscious thought of holding back, else they break. A clone of you punching you in the face without restraint will break his hand and break your face.

Technically, it is possible for one person to KO another person despite having the same AP/Durability, depending on where that blow lands.

A punch to the jaw or the temple would be able to leave the person who is taking the blow unconscious, should that blow land clean.

However, just to be on the safe side, Weekly's suggestion of a blow coming from a person who is 3 times stronger than the one who is receiving the blow should either leave that person unconscious, or would break a couple of bones in that person's body.

The thread is about outright physical damage anyway, than knocking someone out, so 2-3x is a safe bet considering a normal human with limiters set to fight instead of flight is able to lift one side of a small car enough to let anyone trapped under it to crawl out. Also, humans are normally only able to use 65% of their muscle cells, while athletes get up to 80%. One could, if the full 100% is used, can theoretically go up to as much as 2x stronger, but with great drawbacks.

That is a solid explanation there.

Just going to clarify that these drawbacks include muscle tear if a regular human were to use 100% of their muscle cells.

So then how big of a difference would there have to be to nosell a blow-- like, getting hit by a bullet and it feeling more like a ball of lint hit your nipple?

To be on the safe side, what I would do is to find the surface area of the human body (or the side that is facing towards the bullet), and then find the surface area of the tip of the bullet.

Compare the ratio between the 1/2 of the surface area of the human body, and the tip of the bullet, and then multiply the ratio by the kinetic energy of the bullet being fired.

I think I got like high end Wall level or something.

To be on the safe side, what I would do is to find the surface area of the human body (or the side that is facing towards the bullet), and then find the surface area of the tip of the bullet.

Compare the ratio between the 1/2 of the surface area of the human body, and the tip of the bullet, and then multiply the ratio by the kinetic energy of the bullet being fired.

I think I got like high end Wall level or something.

It's probably just an assumption (to be on the safe side), but getting hit by a person who can hit 3 times harder than what you can normally take is guaranteed to knock you out anyways.

Lina Shields said:
It's probably just an assumption (to be on the safe side), but getting hit by a person who can hit 3 times harder than what you can normally take is guaranteed to knock you out anyways.
And you're assuming that the person is taking a punch to the forehead from someone 3 times stronger than them correct?

Do you know which parts of the body are strongest to weakest or is there someone on here I should ask about that?

Adamjensen2030 said:
This.

Sauce.

Basically, the temples to the ears, eyes, the jaw, neck, clavicle, elbows, the calves, groin (duh), back of the neck, below the ribs (both in the open area in between and under the lowest points) and just above the ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back