• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How much faster than your opponent do you have to be in order to speedblitz?

For example how fast does a 9-C have to be in order to speedblitz a 1-B?

Also how fast does 7-B have to be to speedblitz another 7-B?

Remember please state the least number of times that 1 Character has to be faster than the other characters in order to speedblitz.

Please don't mention infinite speed/immeasurable speed.

Thanks for reading.

I would like to know as well. Btw I doubt that a 9-C character is even remotely capable of speedblitzing a 1-B character

1. The 1-B cannot be blitzed

2. I'd say at the very least 1.3x faster than their reactions

Nico-v11 said:
I would like to know as well. Btw I doubt that a 9-C character is even remotely capable of speedblitzing a 1-B character
I believe that the only circumstances in which a 9-C can speedblitz a 1-B is if the 9-C character had infinite/immeasurable speed while 1-B is MFTL+.

Remember Immeasurable speed > Infinite.

If 9-C didn't have infinite/immeasurable speed then yes 1-B curbstomps.

But what I meant to ask was "How much faster at least do you have to be in order to speedblitz your opponent?"

I hope the others can respond with an answer as well.

JustSomeWeirdo said:
1. The 1-B cannot be blitzed
2. I'd say at the very least 1.3x faster than their reactions
Let's say that 2 versions of John Cena were to fight each other.

1 of the versions of John Cena takes 1 second to punch the other John Cena who takes 1.3 seconds to punch back.

I don't know how that's a speedblitz.

The second John Cena would be slower tho

Okay, Character A can react to the speed of light, but Character B is 1.3x FTL in attack speed, I'd say that's a blitz

A speedblitz only occurs when the character that's faster wins because of the speed. There's no way a 9-C character can beat a 1-B character even if the 9-C character was thousands of times faster.

JustSomeWeirdo said:
The second John Cena would be slower tho
Okay, Character A can react to the speed of light, but Character B is 1.3x FTL in attack speed, I'd say that's a blitz
So you consider Attack speed more important than reaction speed?...hmmm I wonder why.

Nico-v11 said:
A speedblitz only occurs when the character that's faster wins because of the speed. There's no way a 9-C character can beat a 1-B character even if the 9-C character was thousands of times faster.
So you think that 9-C would take forever to damage 1-B while 1-B will eventually land a hit on 9-C?

I don't consider attack speed more important than reaction speed, but if the attack speed is faster than the reaction speed of the opponent, they can't react, it's just that simple

What are you implying here?

JustSomeWeirdo said:
I'd say a speedblitz is when they're so fast that the other cannot react, not necessarily winning via speed
For example. Sonic is FTL while Mario is Massively Hypersonic. In their base forms we will assume they're both 7-B at least. Do you think that Sonic speedblitz?

So you think that 9-C would take forever to damage 1-B while 1-B will eventually land a hit on 9-C?

Exactly. A 9-C character attacking a 1-B character will feel like light pokes. Only way that the 9-C could win is through some form of hax.

JustSomeWeirdo said:
I don't consider attack speed more important than reaction speed, but if the attack speed is faster than the reaction speed of the opponent, they can't react, it's just that simple
What are you implying here?
Aha now I get it. If Character A takes 1 second to react and another second to land a punch while Character B can react in 0.2 seconds and land a punch in 0.5 seconds do you consider that a speedblitz?

JustSomeWeirdo said:
Of course Sonic speedblitzes, FTL and MHS are so far apart
That's if both characters are bloodlusted. Sonic is cocky so he wouldn't speedblitz Mario at the beginning of the fight unless you turn bloodlust on.

Exactly. A 9-C character attacking a 1-B character will feel like light pokes. Only way that the 9-C could win is through some form of hax.

Even if 9-C did have infinite/immeasurable, he would get bored of having to land more than 999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999 punches on 1-B and eventually concede defeat.

Sonic would be seeing Mario in slow motion, if Mario attempts to attack Sonic then he'd eventually blitz

I'd still LOVE to know what you were implying with your previous comment

JustSomeWeirdo said:
Sonic would be seeing Mario in slow motion, if Mario attempts to attack Sonic then he'd eventually blitz
I'd still LOVE to know what you were implying with your previous comment
Bloodlust means that both characters try to kill each other as fast and brutal as possible.

While Sonic does speedblitz Mario. I also believe that Dreamy Bowser will always beat Eggman in any machine unless he uses the Time Eater.

Still avoiding giving me an explaination

What do you mean by "So you consider Attack speed more important than reaction speed?...hmmm I wonder why."

How about you just tell me what you mean by that

Don't give me a stupid answer or I'll demolish it ASAP

JustSomeWeirdo said:
Still avoiding giving me an explaination
What do you mean by "So you consider Attack speed more important than reaction speed?...hmmm I wonder why."

How about you just tell me what you mean by that

Don't give me a stupid answer or I'll demolish it ASAP
Actually I just changed my mind about that. Reaction speed is actually more important. What good is attack speed if you can't react let alone landing 1 hit on your opponent.

and what good is your reactions if the opponent is able to attack faster than you react?

They're of equal importance

Reaction speed is good for fighting someone who's attack speed is higher than your attack speed. Attack/combat speed is basically enhanced reaction speed if you think about it.

Let's say Character A has subsonic reaction speed and Character B has subsonic attack speed. They'll be able to fight each other but B is going to be all around faster because A is only reacting quickly, not necessarily moving at that speed.

JustSomeWeirdo said:
and what good is your reactions if the opponent is able to attack faster than you react?
They're of equal importance
Exactly. If Character A takes 1 second to react while Character B can react in 0.2 seconds then start punching in 0.7 seconds then that should count as a speedblitz I think.

If both speeds are equal then the one with attack/combat speed on that level would have a slight advantage.

Nico-v11 said:
Reaction speed is good for fighting someone who's attack speed is higher than your attack speed. Attack/combat speed is basically enhanced reaction speed if you think about it.
Let's say Character A has subsonic reaction speed and Character B has subsonic attack speed. They'll be able to fight each other but B is going to be all around faster because A is only reacting quickly, not necessarily moving at that speed.
Oh wait I get it now

JustSomeWeirdo said:
Character B would blitz
While Character A is getting punched at subsonic speeds he is focusing on trying to protect himself then eventually try to punch Character B later on in the fight.

Not if Character B has higher reactions than Character A's attack speed, and vice versa, if Character A's attack speed is higher than Character B's reactions

JustSomeWeirdo said:
Not if Character B has higher reactions than Character A's attack speed, and vice versa, if Character A's attack speed is higher than Character B's reactions
If Character B has higher reactions than Character A's attack speed then Character B's attack would be much faster than Character B's reactions.

One thing to take into consideration about A and B is how much effort they put into their retrospective feats.

Lets, say A performs a speed feat with the utmost ease; B performs a speed feat which is about 1.5x higher but there was evidently signs that he done it by the skin of his teeth. It would be very reasonable to assume that at the least A can match B, with no signs of a blitz.

EDIT: To answer the TC, I'd say it depends on the variables present. Like, how casually were the feats performed and how far is the gap between them.

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
One thing to take into consideration about A and B is how much effort they put into their retrospective feats.
Lets, say A performs a speed feat with the utmost ease; B performs a speed feat which is about 1.5x higher but there was evidently signs that he done it by the skin of his teeth. It would be very reasonable to assume that at the least A can match B, with no signs of a blitz.
Character A's tenacity will prolong his inevitable defeat.

JustSomeWeirdo said:
I'd say a speedblitz is when they're so fast that the other cannot react, not necessarily winning via speed

agree with that,

flash vs ....wolverine for example,

flash cant kill wolverine but he can still speedblitz him,

however i must also mention that speedblitz is used a lot (by myself as well) to say that a char is beating another one due to his higher speed and equal strength...

anyway, for this thread:

1.3 times...seems ok, if we accept that number could we do a "speedblitz"-stacking like with calcs?

because Claymore is a verse where i would LOVE to do something like that XD

"Character A's tenacity will prolong his inevitable defeat."

What? It has nothing to do with tenacity, it's to evaluate based on potential; anyways, "inevitable defeat" would imply there's no blitz for either party right?

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
"Character A's tenacity will prolong his inevitable defeat."
What? It has nothing to do with tenacity, it's to evaluate based on potential; anyways, "inevitable defeat" would imply there's no blitz for either party right?
My point is that Character B would most likely win due to having faster attack speed and the possibility of speedblitzing. Character A knowing that Character B can react and fight faster than he can react would have no choice but to defend against his punches for a very long time in which Character B will eventually win.

I'm sorry but I think you've ignored my point about potential, so I'll just pose a question.

Does the fact that A performed his (albeit slower) feats in a much more casual manner than B's significantly reduces the chances of a speed blitz if the gap between them is about 1.5x? If not, how so?

Austrian-Man-Meat:

1.5x...I think most likey the answer is no. Assuming that Character A isn't fully concentrating on the fight due to gettimg hit a lot of times then he could get speedblitz eventually. All Character B has got to do is injure him in order to weaken him then finish him off.

Sorry, I'm not taking your fallacious answer. You're presupposing the very presupposition that is being questioned (by assuming A can't focus on the fight due to B hitting him many times which ignores the possibility that A can avoid these attacks; that perhaps, B will also suffer from injuries.) Which is "Will they both match each other in speed due to the manner in which they performed their retrospective feats?"

If speedblitzing is "defeating one person before they can react" a Tier 7 can beat a Tier 10 while only having an attack speed that is 0.0000000001 seconds faster than the Tier 10 can react.

Back